Thursday, September 2, 2010

jokes/ Summer Heights High/ stay positive

Aug. 28 Jokes: My sister was reading the newspaper and she groaned.

Me: What?
: Ann Frank's tree toppled over because it was struck by lightening.
Me: They can plant a new one right?
S: That tree gave her hope!
lol.

I don't know if you find it funny, but you had to be there. It also reminded me of South Park where Cartman had to hide his cat in the attic.

Cartman: Here's a journal so you can write your thoughts in it.

Aug. 29 News: Did you know that getting drunk and high doesn't make you more creative? That's a myth I read in The Globe and Mail. That reminds me of South Park again, but with the character Towelie. He's a towel, with arms and legs. He was getting high off computer duster aerosol cans. His eyes are bloodshot.

Towelie: It's like I'm walking on sunshine.
lol.

Aug. 31 Summer Heights High: I finally checked out this show earlier this month. It's on Australian HBO show and it's mokumentary. I have to say Chris Lilley is a really talented actor because he plays 3 characters on this show: gay drama teacher, stuck up teen girl, and a troublemaker teen boy. He also writes and produces the show.

There was a storyline that kind of pushed it. The teen boy character draws a picture of his dad touching him. He, and his dad talk to the teacher and guidance counselor. The kid fesses up that he wasn't molested, and that he drew the picture so he could get out of English class. Like oh my God, he kind of went pretty far to get out of class by falsely accusing someone of child molestation.

Titus: Actually way back in 2002, I saw a child molestation episode on the sitcom Titus. It starred Christopher Titus. It was about a teen girl who wrote some poem about a rose tattoo on her child molester's privates. The scene was in the mens' washroom and the guys saw the tattoo on the man which is then confirmed that he's the molester. The principal was there, so then he gave the girl a baseball bat so she could beat up her molester in the washroom. It's a sitcom, it has to be kind of light. If this was Law and Order: SVU, there would be an investigation and some court scenes.

Coincidence: I thought it was kind of a funny coincidence that I took out $80 from my bank account to buy a bus pass. Then today I get $80 deposited into my account from EI.

Feng shui: This is a old Chinese method of clearing your home space, which will bring good energy into your life. I then finally threw out the old papers from the grocery store. I also threw out old receipts. I noticed that the price for Paxil has risen by $3.

Safeway: I tried some new food from Safeway. It's called mojo, which is really sliced potatoes that are deep fried. It tastes good. I don't really go grocery shopping, but I see that Safeway prints coupons on the back of their receipts. The coupons are for pizza at pizzeria and minutes at a tanning salon.

Digeus.com: I got this email from Alise Johnson. She wants me to try out this product, and write about it on my blog. I don't have time for that, but I will post it on my blog to help her advertise her product. I'll give her points for emailing me and asking me to try out the software program.

Dating: I found this guy through this online dating site. I put him on my email list, and we occasionally IMed each other since last Oct. The thing is we've never met because he's always traveling. So last week I told him since we haven't met, I will stop emailing him altogether. He agreed and we wished each other good luck. This is kind of what happened with my last boyfriend. It was long distance, we never got to see each other for a year, so I called it quits.

Sept. 1 New job: I was originally going to do full-time, but I don't really like this job so I decided to do part-time instead. I can still keep getting my EI. I would have free time to look for an office job. I did call that law firm back to see if I got the job, and I didn't. That's fine. Since I won't be working full-time, I won't be getting benefits. I can deal with it.

Job search: A good thing about working at a job that I don't like is that it gives me extra motivation to look for an office job. I keep getting emails from Jobserve.ca and Jobboom.ca. I went through the Edmonton Journal classifieds and Job Classifieds.

Stay positive: I was reading the Metro and there was this article that says underemployment happens to everybody. You must remember it's only temporary. Career blogger Lindsay Pollack says: "Everything is an opportunity to show what you're capable of."

Also think it's just a job. You do have a life outside of your work. Workplace advisor Jane Boucher says: "...that their worth is not determined by their work. Do not make that correlation. If you keep yourself open, opportunities will come when you least expect them."

Banks: I went to Servus Credit Union and Scotia Bank. There were positions in Edmonton, but none I qualified for. I applied to some positions at ATB Financial, TD, and HSBC which I haven't done in awhile.

Song: I did find this song called "Push It" by Amerie. It really hopes motivate me.

Commercial: I found this through Facebook. Stayfree pads are selling their products with this hot guy in it. The guys are talking to the camera/ viewer like they're on a date. This then reminded me of the Old Spice commercial with Isaiah Mustafa. Stayfree is unoriginal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_KjAukYrak

3 comments:

jeety said...

Selecting the career is a difficult task especially in the today world which offers multiple paths and
dimensions to the student community, with all showing the golden lining. Right career guidance
can make or break one’s future, so we have to give utmost importance to make the right choice.
This should be based on candidate’s interests and knowledge. Career oriented Guidance can
help you to pursue the right courses, in the right colleges or universities and can guide you in
choosing a suitable career.These days there are lot of options available to students. We try to be more
specific in terms of the guidance we can provide for Students of Arts, Science, and Commerce after +2.
Right career selection can always lead to satisfaction and contentment in life on a longer run.
There is a famous saying, “if you choose the job you love, you don’t have to work a single day
in your life”. On the contrary, a wrong decision in your life can always leave you wanting and
wishing that you should have opted for a different path. Considering, career selection it is must you
should have correct information and know how about the career will take you to which place and what sort
of life span you would have. Career advice can help a student to choose a career as per your personality
and candidates aspirations.

http://www.gyantonic.com is one of the leading websites for education related issues , This website has great
articles on Entrance Exams, Top Management Colleges, Career Guidance, Career Discussions, Interview Tips , GMAT
Guidance , MBA Entrance Exams.Gyantonic is best for Students interested to know about more career avenues.

career guidance

entranceexams said...

GMAT the Ultimate Goal :--

GMAT is Graduate Management Aptitude Test. This is taken by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) governing body.
GMAT tests can be taken any time during the year but the candidate needs to check the dates with the GMAC approved centers
before the test and get the seat registered. A GMAT score is valid for 3 years and this can be improved. The GMAt centers
take the mean of all the scores taken together. GMAT scores can be improved dramatically simply by giving precious time to
become understand the GMAT.

GMAT Guidance

Priyatamil said...

Usually I do not read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.
GMAT Training in Chennai | Best GMAT Coaching Classes in Chennai