Friday, September 10, 2010

job questions/ Hellcats/ Rich Cronin

Sept. 7 Job questions: I just got home from a 9am-5pm shift. It's alright, mainly pouring coffee. I learned a little bit of the till today. Last shift I learned a bit about making sandwiches. This is my 3rd day. It was busy in the morning, and really busy during lunch. It got quiet in the late afternoon with a steady, but short customer line.

Today I was reading 24 called the Job Quality Checklist.

1. Are you still having fun? Do you find the job intrinsically satisfying?

Yes.

2. Are you being challenged intellectually?

Not really. Well learning the till and how the sandwiches are made kind of are. I'll give it an average rating.

3. Do you like your colleagues? Do you like your boss?

Yes, though I don't really know them that well.

4. Are you reaching your career goals?

Certainly not. I want an office job and/ or a writing job.

5. Are you achieving the life balance that you desire?

I'm working part-time, so yes. I still have time to look for another job on the side and have fun by watching TV.

6. Are you being paid somewhat close to your worth?

Yes.

If you answered no to most of these questions, then you need to think about moving on.

Job search: I looked at the Edmonton Journal and 24's classifieds today.

Nice: My little brother Patrick bought the new Rolling Stone magazine for my sister because John Hamm from Mad Men is on the cover. She has a big crush on JM.

S: Do you want me to pay you for it?
P: No, you can have it.
Aww, that is so nice. P does get a 10% discount off the magazine because he got it from work.

Charity: I read that Angelina Jolie donated $30,000 to help the people in Pakistan after that flood. I also read that Taylor Lautner got $40,000 from that RV company that was later in giving him his RV. TL then donated it to this children's charity called the Lollipop Theatre Network.

Sept. 8 Hellcats: I just saw this show, and I love it. At first I wasn't going to watch it because it's about cheer leading and Ashley Tisdale is in it. Both are okay, but then I saw that the actor Matt Barr was in it, and I was like: "I have to watch it! At least check it out." I first saw him on Harper's Island. Then I saw him on CSI: NY and Castle. I even tuned into a CSI ep because he was in it. I don't usually watch that show. I wouldn't say I have a crush on him, like I do with the actor David Anders.

Anyway, it stars Alyson Michalka as Marti, this pre-law student. Her mom was 3 months behind on paying for her tuition. Marti finds out she can become a cheerleader to get a scholarship so she try outs for it and gets in. I loved her crazy dancing in the audition. Those screenwriting books have an effect on me. Actions reveal character. At first she did what everybody was doing, following the routine. But then she did her own dancing. That was the best part of the ep.

Ashley Tisdale plays this peppy girl Savannah who at first doesn't get along with M, but then does. M's rival is Alice (Heather Hemmens) because M took her place after A got hurt. Lewis (Robbie Jones) plays her love interest. He's African-American and he plays a really nice guy on the team, who seems to be M's love interest. I saw him on imdb.com and he's mainly been doing one eps for other TV shows. Matt Bar plays Dan, M's friend/ kind of love interest.

I noticed the actor Jeff Hephner, but couldn't place him. Then I see on imdb, that he was Matt on The OC. Sharon Leal is the coach and she's a pretty black woman. I thought I saw her before, but I checked and I've never seen her before. I recognized Aaron Douglas playing the principal (The Bridge). I instantly recognized D.B Woodside who's the team doctor. He's Principal Wood from Buffy season 7. Also played Aaliyah's brother in Romeo Must Die. I loved the dancing and cheer leading, it was really good and impressive. They made a shout out to Bring it On when M rents it on dvd to practice before tryouts.

Also from screenwriting books, the phrase "raising the stakes." The team has to win nationals so the cheer leading team won't get cut from school, and they can keep their scholarships.

Movie: I'm going to admit it, I don't really like the movie Bring it On. I saw some of it on dvd when I was 16 at a family friend's house. It was on TV a couple years after that and I saw it. When I was 16, I didn't like it because the writing wasn't really good. They were trying to be funny, and they weren't. It's like a dance movie. You don't watch it for the story, but for the cool dancing.

Fun fact: At the end of Hellcats, they showed that a lot of unlikely people were cheerleaders like former president Ronald Regan. The actress Meryl Streep. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Teen pregnancy: I was on twop.com about 16 and Pregnant.

Someone: "There’s a story right now about a woman who Tweeted her abortion, and she’s getting backlash (less so “murderer!” and more “Dude, TMI”)."

Me: What? You tweeted that you got an abortion? Why can't you tweet random things like what you had for lunch? It depends on how she actually said it.

Sept. 9: I read a few more pages on that thread and found the link and an interview with her. I do respect her, she sounds intelligent and put thought into her decision. She had medical problems when she was pregnant when she had her first kid. It was very serious, so I understand why she had an abortion for her own well-being.

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-frisky-qa-angie-jackson-the-woman-who-live-tweeted-her-abortion/

Rich Cronin: You know the boy band LFO and their song "Summer Girls"? It was popular in the late 90s. Well the singer Rich Cronin has passed away at 35 due to leukemia. I know my sister liked them.I did know that he had cancer. He was on this TV show on MuchMoreMusic called Mission Man Band. I had to look that up. It starred from imdb: "Chris Kirkpatrick (N*SYNC); Jeff Timmons (98 Degrees); Rich Cronin (LFO) and Bryan Abrams (Color Me Badd) will live together for one month, create new music, a dynamic stage show and perform as a new pop group."

He did talk about having cancer and how much meds he took. I remember that he had a little brother Mike Cronin and he was the co-manager to the boy band O-town. I watched Making the Band and when I saw Mike I thought he looked like a boy band member, but I don't know if he can sing or dance. O-town and LFO were on the same record label.

No comments: