Thursday, September 16, 2010

funny videos/ online job search tips/ cute and funny

Sept. 13 Funny videos: My little brother found this video. These 3 soccer players scored a goal, and danced with a Lady Ga Ga song.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Footballer-celebrates-goal-by-unleashing-his-inn?urn=sow-267697

Here's one where a mascot "eats" a cheerleader.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Tennessee-Titan-s-mascot-eats-cheerlead?urn=nfl-269355

Chris Rock joke: I was on the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com and someone said this:"Just wanted to say I saw the Wanda Sykes show last night and she was discussing whether Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant were in any help in regards to deterring teens from having sex or being careful about using protection. Actually she was mentioning an article, I believe, that discussed this topic. Anyways she said if any parent was using an MTV show to scare their teen into not having sex, they are screwed up already. Chris Rock was on the panel and he asked if MTV aired right before 16 & Pregnant, "15 and F***ing". Thank you Chris Rock for that laugh last night."

Dark jokes: I got some dark jokes about abortions. So I'm forewarning you that it may be offensive.

I was watching the MTV Music Video Awards and the host Chelsea Handler was in the jacuzzi with the Jersey Shore cast. She comes out looking a few months pregnant.

CH: I hope there's still time for the morning after pill.

I thought that was funny. My brother Patrick thought it was too, except my sister thought it was too dark.

I checked out the show Lucky Louie some months ago. It stars the comedian Louis CK and the jokes in the promo seemed clean like him saying: "Our bank account has -$50. We need to get to 0 before we can say we're broke."

Then I saw his show and there's lot of dark jokes and swearing. I personally didn't think it was funny. The joke that stuck out for me was about the cons of raising kids.

Louis: Now I know why they throw babies in the garbage.

Job interview: Today I went to a job interview at an office. I think it went well because I did my research about the company, and I provided info when they asked me what I knew about it. However, they said there's a "number of applicants" so there's a lot of competition. Well I gave it my best shot.

Oprah: Today was the premiere of Oprah's final season, so I had to check it out. Oprah took her entire audience of 300 people to Australia for a week trip. They talked old dedicated viewers like Linda from Alberta, Canada. She was inspired by Oprah and then she went to Africa to volunteer at an orphanage. Then she built a house there for all the kids.They showed a clip of Crystal Brooks, who's an African- American 9 yr old girl, and she was on the show 17 yrs ago. She said she wanted to be a talk show host, and then became a teacher.

Sept. 14 Blast from the past: Last week and today I bumped into Jurid whom I worked with at Booster Juice back in June. We chatted a bit as I made coffee at work. He quit his job so he could go to school full-time. I also chatted with my old computer teacher Shawn whom I haven't seen since 2006. He remembered my name. I told him I graduated, but I know that I may not get a job in writing and also because of the economy. I'm not embarrassed to see him or Jurid.

I think I may have bumped into Mr. Bjarenson from high school. He used to be the gr. 10 coordinator as in help people with changing classes and stuff. I don't think he would remember me since I only saw him a few times. I think I may have seen Fred whom was my Eng. teacher back at NAIT.

Sept. 15: I also talked to my friend Ray's boyfriend Josh who came to buy a coffee. He remembered me.

Online job search tips: I was reading the Metro, and career counselors, employment guidebook author Margaret Riley, and Career Potentials consulting firm president Ford Myers all say that job sites like Monster, CareerBuilder, and Hot Jobs don't help you get a job.

Studies in the US show that less that 10 percent of jobs are filled through online ads. It helps a little. The tips are go the nearest Chamber of Commerce, and a LinkedIn company search by industry and location. Go to the company website and apply directly there. I already do the latter.

The other tip is that you should customize the cover letter and a little with the resume. Use the same keywords they use in the ad because it's usually a computer that scans it before a person even reads it.

y experience is that I got the current job I have right now through Kijiji. I did get one interview for Direct Energy through Career Builder. I may have gotten a couple of cell phone companies calling me for an interview from there too.

Job notes: I was going through my agenda where I write my notes. I see that months ago I wrote that I should apply to food courts at schools and now I got one. I also see a note where I wrote: "I don't watch Kitchen Nightmares, don't want to go to culinary school, but want to work in a restaurant."

Cute and funny: I found this cute and funny commercial. First it shows a 4 yr old girl dancing, and then two adults dance with her. Then an entire community dance with her. It's so fun to watch.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/yahoocanada/100915/canada/dancing_kid_the_latest_viral_hit

4 comments:

Unknown said...

In recent time you will get lots of funny videos on online way. When you are get into here for more info about their service on letter of motivation writing.

Unknown said...

You might find a lot of funny videos in the online as called vines.When you are get into here http://www.resumetitle.net/choosing-resume-title-for-mechanical-engineer/ you can know the resume titles as a ME engineers.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such info about the funny videos. Coty Johnson is well nature footballer and I think this decision is so incredible. As a matter of fact, I esteem this http://www.bestresumeservices.net site of Coty and wish him good fortunes for what's to come.

explore the details said...

This is so positive for me. And I also know this so well. This is the best and the great blog for me. I just love this and this is so pleasure for this. Keep doing this thanks.