Wednesday, September 8, 2010

funeral/ crazy news/ scam

Sept. 6 Funeral: I went to my grandpa's funeral over the weekend. I didn't really want to go, but then again is there anyone who actually likes going to funerals? This is the first time I've ever been to one, and it was also the first time for my siblings too.

I was never really close to him because he lived in Calgary, and I only saw him once or twice a year. I did learn that he was a book keeper at a bakery for years. He is also the oldest in his family and has a younger brother and two younger sisters.

I didn't know that my cousin Doris was really close to him. My cousin Jennifer said he was always encouraging and patient with her. I then got to ride in a limo which I have never had before to the grave site. It was raining which was a weird coincidence.

Sayings: My grandpa died at 88 years old which is a long life. There is that saying: "It's not about how much years are in your life, but how much life there is in your years." Or that: "It's not about many breaths you take, but how many times life takes your breath away."

Joke: I've realized I've watched way more funerals on TV than actually attend one. It reminds me of The Simpsons where they go to great aunt Gladys's funeral.

Lisa: Good bye great aunt Gladys.
Old woman's voice (croaks): Bye Lisa.
Lisa runs away screaming.
Then it turns out it was Bart being a troublemaker.

Crazy news: I was watching ABC news, and this nurse Wanda meets this patient, who turns out to be her long lost dad from 41 years ago. He had walked out on her, her older sister, and her mom. She heard there was a patient with her dad's name and she had to meet him.

W asks him if he has any children, and he said yes. She asks what are their names and he says Gina and Wanda. W runs out of the room because she's overwhelmed. She comes back and she says she's his daughter. He says: "I know." They do look alike. Ju Ju Chang says W is very forgiving of her dad, because some would resent him. But W says the past is the past. They're spending all their time together. What a nice story.

Teen pregnancy: I found this on the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com: "Reproductive coercion often is accompanied by physical or sexual violence, study finds"

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-01/uoc--rco012010.php

"Minors Access to Contraceptive Health Care"
http://www.contracept.org/minorsaccess.php

Job search: It's a habit of looking at the Edmonton Journal classifieds everyday, and picking up Job Classified every week. Reading my jobserve.ca emails and reading the 24 classifieds. It's a good habit. I don't want to miss any opportunities.

I also signed up and created a profile at Covenant Health. I usually apply to be a food service attendant in person at the hospital, but now I can do this online.

I signed up an account on Epcor. It turns out if you withdraw an application, you can't change your mind and apply again even if the job is still available. Once you withdraw, you can't apply again.

Scam: I read in the Calgary Herald about how since the recession, there are all these Work at Home scams, so be careful.

I was at Career Builder and found United Career Services, which sounds like a staffing agency, which is bad. I googled it and found this site where people say it's a scam.

http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/United-Career-Services/United-Career-Services/t141192

Music: I was watching this Robin Thicke interview and of how when he was 14, he sang to his then girlfriend (now wife) Paula some Jodeci song. I then listened to Jodeci for the first time. It's good R&B music.

Robin Thicke: Some say he kind of sounds like Justin Timberlake. I will admit some songs he does like JT, definitely in "Would that make U Love Me." He sounds a bit like him "Wanna Love U Girl."

RT has his own voice when he sings other songs. I love his ballads like: "I Need Love" and "Cry No More." I do like the sexy song "Teach U a Lesson." I like his upbeat dance songs like "Sidestep", "Magic," and "All Night Long" feat. Lil Wayne.

I'm mildly annoyed. There is a deluxe edition of "Sex Therapy" with a few extra songs and I bought the regular cd. Damn. Well, at least I can still hear these extra songs on Youtube.

Sept. 7 Rant: So this morning I called back that bank that called me last week. They called my cell and I missed their call because I was working. Then they called my home, and my grandma told me about it -in front of my sister. My sister than lashed out at me again like yesterday.

I said: "I did give them my cell phone!" I then called them back again and said I'll be working from 9am-5pm for the next two days so call me from 8am-9am. Or call me on Fri. when it's my day off and you can call me on my cell or home.

Sept. 8 Job interview: The bank called me on my cell at 8am, and I called them back on my home phone at 8:01 am and we did a little interview over the phone. The woman then passed my answers to the hiring manager. If I did well, the hiring manager will call.

Then I checked my cell phone after work and someone did call me. My dad said someone called me too. I checked and it's the same person. It's someone from the U of A. Earlier my dad said it probably wasn't legit because they didn't want to leave a message. I then thought: "Wait, it could be a job or it could be that survey I did for them and they have follow up questions." I told my dad and he said: "It's probably a survey."

No comments: