Thursday, September 30, 2010

charity/ rant/ unclaimed bank account

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2010

charity/ rant/ unclaimed bank account

Sept. 28 Charity: I read in the newspaper that Facebook founder Mark Zukerberg donated $100 million to Newark, New Jersey public schools. That's good. It also reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer was falsely accused of sexual harassment. There was a talk show with a bear named Ben and he had a microphone strapped to his head.

Announcer: Mothers and daughters who reunited because of their hate of Homer Simpson.
The bear goes to this woman in the audience.
Woman: There should be less Homer Simpsons and more money for public schools.
Then the bear goes the catering table. The crew had to shoot him with a tranquilizer gun.
lol.

Names: I sent my one page outline to the writer in residence Chris Craddock. He thought the name Rain Fong sounded too much like weather. lol. Seriously, I never noticed that. I'll change the last name.

Sept. 29 Rant: This also reminds me of a time back in 2008 where I passed my resumes to staffing agencies. I didn't know the agencies were bad, but then later I did. I had put a Spherion staffing agency business card on my computer desk. My sister says that she saw the card and how she disapproves of it.

She makes a mountain out of a molehill again. She is lecturing me about a staffing agency business card. What's the big deal? You can make a big deal if you saw a business card from a strip club. Wow, like a staffing agency is a really unsavory place.

She calls me stupid, but she's stupid for overreacting.

That also reminds me of The Simpsons.

Homer: You did what?!
Bart: I borrowed your nail clipper, what's the big deal?
Homer: Nothing, I'm just a little edgy since your mother told me she wants to be a cop.

Matthew Gray Gubler: I was watching Criminal Minds, and the actor Matthew Gray Gubler got a short haircut! This is the first time in 6 yrs did he cut his hair really short. He usually keeps his hair chin length, but he looks really different and really good. He also looks a lot younger too. I loved him when I first saw him on this show back in 2005, and when I emailed him, he emailed me back the same night.

Sept. 30 Psychic: I made a comment on Lisa Barretta's blog a month or so back. She emailed me back saying this:

Hey Tracy,

Thank you for the mention. I am Lisa Barretta the author of The Street Smart Psychic's Guide to Getting a Good Reading and what else does one do on a rainy day in Philly -Google their own name ( how limp is that?)

I appreciate it when my readers give my book a shout out and I like to pass that appreciation on.

Love your blog.

Thanks,

Lisa Barretta

Crazy news: I saw an ep of Oprah where she interviews a woman who fathered her own children. Christine and Lisa a lesbian couple. Christine used to be a man and froze his sperm before he became a woman. Now they had 4 month old twins. Both their families are accepting of them. They met online because C is a doctor and is really busy.

C used to tell people right off the bat that she was transgender, but that attracted a lot of creepy people. So she told people she dated after they got to know each other a bit.

Unclaimed bank account: I was reading the Edmonton Journal about unclaimed bank accounts. Type in your name and you may have some money that you forgot about. Go to this site: http://ucbswww.bank-banque-canada.ca/scripts/search_english.cfm

Festival: On Sunday I went to the Edmonton Urban Festival. I looked at a fashion/ art portfolio. I listened to a rap performance there. I also read a Seventeen magazine.

Fun: The other day I got out of my comfort zone. I went to the Stanley A. Milner library and this woman who worked there told me there was a class for teens on how to use this computer program called Sumopaint. It's on a PC and it's like Adobe Photoshop. There were snacks there.

I went to the 3rd floor of the library which I never have before. I also used an ipad for the first time. There is actually a .com key on the keyboard of it. A girl who sat in the back did some rapping and I thought she sounded good. The lyrics were tight. lol.

I also went to Aviary.com where you can make music.

Acting: I saw Jennifer Love Hewitt on Law and Order: SVU and she is a good actress in this episode. I was impressed.I did see So You Think You Can Dance judge Jean Marc on Degrassi: The Next Generation. He played a dance teacher so it's not much of stretch. It was a transgender storyline, and Degrassi really went there. So good on the writers and producers.

I saw the name Riley Gilchrist in the credits of that episode. It sounded so familiar, and then I recognized him when I saw him. He was on the TV show The Smart Woman's Survival Guide about working on a TV show. It's a funny show that was on Cosmo. This time, RP played a doctor on Degrassi. There was some range there for him.

1 comment:

Alex daina said...

Cash wiring and cash arrange deals. The fundamental targets of this administration are to dispense with terrible check obligation, lines at the clerk, and administration migraines. Cash Advances Chicago