Monday, August 2, 2010

Rhema Marvanne/ friends/ Lie to Me

MONDAY, AUGUST 2, 2010

Jul. 29 Rhema Marvanne: I found this on Yahoo news. This 7 yr old girl Rhema Marvanne can sing very well. I was impressed as she sings "Amazing Grace." She makes an appearance in Gerard Butler's new movie Machine Gun Preacher.

There is a video clip of her on the Maury show performing. Adrian from the girl groups Cheetah Girls and 3LW introduce her. This doesn't count as a relapse that I'm watching his show, because this segment is not trashy.

http://new.ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/videogaga/52593/amazing-voice-7-year-old-gospel-singer-belts-whitney-and-celine-songs/

Jul. 30 Friends: I have called my friend Daniel whom I went to jr. high, high school, and Professional Writing with. We hung out and talked for 1.5 hrs about movies. He also got an email from our classmate Cherie to read her piece and edit it.I never noticed this, but D pointed out in the Jet Li movie Kiss of the Dragon, JL's character is always analyzing and anticipating every fight move. One guy is always kicking, so JL keeps moving to a narrower hallway so he can't kick him.

I haven't seen that movie in years. I saw it on TV, and I remember the fight scenes were pretty good. It was an average movie.

Ascension: I was looking for a job and I see that the West Ed store Ascension is hiring. It sells products made out of pot. It pays $11/hr for 44hrs a week. I find working there to be kind of unethical. It's not illegal, but my parents wouldn't approve. My little brother would never work there. He holds his breath when we walk past it because he doesn't want to smell it.

Jul. 31 Fame: I was thinking about Ashley Dupree, you know the prostitute that governor Elliot Spitzer hired. She didn't want to be famous, she was thrown into the spotlight because someone found about about Spitzer. Then they tracked her down. I heard she's writing a book.

Fun: Today I went out and read the newspaper at Churchill Square while listening to live country music.

Old job: I looked at Job Bank and I see that my old Call Centre #3 is hiring. I then emailed my boss back to see if I can have my job back considering I got laid off from them back in Apr. We'll see.

Progress: I'm getting way more call backs for receptionist positions this time around with my job search.

Aug. 1 Cell phone kiosks: I had talked to my friend Justin a few weeks ago and he told me to apply to cell phone kiosks. I did land an interview at this one place. I didn't get hired, and the manager told me that I needed to research the company.

He added that I didn't have telecommunications experience or worked in a commissions environment. In the interview I told him I worked in retail and worked with the public and customers for years, but it didn't apply to this job. I gave it my best shot.

Post Secret: This was awhile back and I found a secret: "I'm 26 and I'm a virgin."

"I put 2% of my income to a bank account for my future offspring. I'm 26 and I never had sex before and I'm single."

An email reply was: "You taking care of your future kids make you that much sexier."

Lie to Me: I was watching Lie to Me and I see Melissa George (Lauren from Alias) on. I also noticed Deputy Leo from Veronica Mars on. I saw him on a Castle episode. The episode is did this young woman MG, kill her wealthy and old husband for his money?

It turns out she didn't. You would think she did because MG is the biggest guest- star. It's the husband's assistant who did it. The husband asked him to because he's Catholic and suicide is a sin.

Twilight Zone: I've been watching this show for the past few months now. This show is in the 60s, people on twop.com is usually gushing about how good this show is. I do like to watch it because it's supernatural. It's very creative and unoriginal.

There's this one ep where this guy is allowed to be granted 1 wish. He has these scenarios go through his head and decides to be a genie in a bottle.

Job search: I checked the Edmonton Journal Classifieds and Job Classifieds today. No luck. I went through my book marks and saw Castle Rock. You know they print The Key work books to help students prepare for exams and their courses. I did apply there. Then I looked it up and there isn't a career section on the site so I deleted the book mark.

I did an interview at the restaurant Fargos earlier this week. The place seems nice and everything, but I don't think I'm a good fit for it. I don't think they'll hire me either. I did an interview at a hotel, but they didn't call me back when they're supposed to. I guess I could them back.

No comments: