Monday, August 23, 2010

music/ crazy day/ names

Aug. 21 Music: I was listening to some music on my satellite TV and found this song called "I'm in love with you" by Timbaland and Tyson Ritter (lead singer from All-American Rejects.) Here's the song. It's got a good beat and makes me want to dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeDfZD0Q-Eg

I've been waking up at 3 or 4am and not being able to go back to sleep. I then saw the full- length 10min video of "Alejandro" by Lady Ga Ga. I didn't really like the song or the video. I saw "Crossfire" by Brandon Flowers (lead singer of the Killers). Charlize Theron is in that video.

I also saw the promo for Degrassi: The Next Generation. They played "Shark in the Water" by VW Brown. The Degrassi cast is set in a circus.

Feelings: I feel anxious because I feel like there is so much to do, but I haven't done much. Well I got a job, so that's the biggest fish I fried. My confidence is undermined because it's been 5 months and I had jobs where I worked 1 or 2 days at. I'm going to get my Paxil and see if I improve.

Job search: Cafe Europe called me a few weeks ago. It's at West Ed. Yesterday I got calls from two fast food places. They pay well, but I do have a job at a grocery store, so we'll see how that goes first.

Last week when I was hanging out with my friend Angela, she asked me why I was looking for an office job.

Me: I can't work at retail, call centres, and restaurants for the rest of my life.
A: Yes, you can.
Me: Yeah, but there are no benefits and job security.
A: These days, there are no job security for any jobs.
Me: Yes, like working in the cafeteria in the hospital. It's easier to close down a restaurant, but it's harder to close down a hospital.

16 and Pregnant: I was on this twop.com thread and there are dozens and dozens of pages about one episode with the girl Jenelle. Everybody on twop said what I was thinking. Jenelle kept threatening her mom by saying: "I'm going to take the baby and we'll leave and you'll never see us again." I wanted to say to her: "Yeah, sure. Where are you going to go? Your friend's house?" I get her to start packing up and leave. Then she'll learn that she's going to have to follow my rules. However, others have said that J doesn't know how to take care of a baby and could put the baby in danger.

I would kick J out of the house. She may be gone for 1 day and then I'll take her back. I find with J, she should have gave the baby up for adoption.

Productive: Today was very productive. I helped my grandma sweep and mop the floor in the morning. I washed my hair. I washed the lunch dishes in the afternoon. After that I looked for a office job in the Edmonton Journal and applied to some places.

Kyle Riabko: Yeah, that's right, I'm writing about someone other than Robin Thicke. Last week I was going to go out and my sister told me that Canadian singer Kyle Riabko will be on 90210! That's great that he's getting more work than the Canadian TV show Instant Star and theatre work. He's getting himself on American shows.

Priorities:

1. Get a job. Done that.
2. Get an office job. Today I looked for an office job and applied to some places.
3. Work on The Fighter script. I didn't because I was onto #4.
4. Work on the Rain script. Fortunately tonight there were no TV movies or movies on that I like. I typed up 4 pages.

Cheryl Cole: I was looking up Eddie Cahill (CSI: NY) and it lead me to this singer Cheryl Cole. It's because there's a Cahill remix. I really liked her video "Parachute." There is really good ballroom dancing and the song's so catchy. There are all these guys dancing around her, and it looks so beautiful and strong. It's a little like tango.In her "Fight for Love" video, she's got good clothes, hair, and makeup. Now to the dancing. It was hip-hop dancing with girls. It was good.

Aug. 22 Crazy day: It was a crazy day. I woke up early at 7:15 am so I can catch the buses to work. It's a Sunday so that's why I have to take 2 buses. I worked for a whole 8 hr shift. The first 2 days was training and that's sitting on the computer learning about the company. The 3rd day I worked for 4 hrs and it was easy.

Today it was hard. I mainly cooked chicken all day. The woman who trained me was smart and good at her job. However, I was not. I don't like it, and I feel like I will end up getting dismissed if I don't end up quitting first. I feel overwhelmed. Lisa who worked with me in the Soup place has worked at this new job for one week before I came. She didn't say she had EI. She was still working at the same part-time job as she was working at the Soup place. She quit her other job now.

It's good that there is a 15 min break in the morning. Then I had a 30 min lunch break. Then in the afternoon I had another 15 min break. I hadn't had so many breaks since the days I used to work at a bank.

Rant: While I'm at it, I might as well throw in this rant about a 16 and Pregnant episode. There is this guy Josh who totally disrespected his girlfriend Nikkole when she was pregnant and had his kid. He kept saying: "I'm number 1, I trump you" to Nikkole's mom Rikki. Someone on twop said something I didn't think of: "Neither of you guys are #1, her son Lyle is." That's true.

I hated that guy. I got this feeling that I haven't gotten in a long time. The feeling when I used to watch Maury and Dr. Phil. However, I'm working on my anger. It's a lot better than the days of 2006 when I used to watch those shows and had gotten laid off from my job. I've been pacing myself with this reading twop comments on this show.

Names: I'll throw in like what a lot of other twop people are saying: I don't like how the name Nikkole is spelled.

Regular spelling: Nicole
Spelling with a twist: Nikole
Crazy spelling: Nikkole

Reg. spelling: Eric
Spelling with a twist: Erik
Crazy spelling: Arik. (Seriously. One of my fave actors is David Anders. He has a older brother with that spelling.)

Reg. spelling: Tracy, Tracey
Spelling with a twist: Traci, Tracie. (I'm getting a flashback of gr.7, with my gym teacher Miss. Taylor. She thought my name was spelled like Tracie.)
Crazy spelling: Traycee. (I think I remember someone on Fametracker forums back in 2003 was talking about name spelling for TV characters.)

I also don't really like the name Lyle. It sounds like lie. I do like the name Kyle though. Probably because of the music artist Kyle Riabko and actor Kyle Gallner. Others on twop.com said: "I like the name. It's cute. It reminds me of Lyle, Lyle, crocodile."

No comments: