Friday, August 27, 2010

In Plain Sight/ job interviews/ rant

Aug. 23 In Plain Sight: I was watching this show and they did another episode about a family going into the witness protection program. That means you have to quit your job and move far away. I would miss my friends. I'm sure the only thing they will remember me by is reading my old blog entries.

If I had to move away with my family, I'm sure they would miss their friends, jobs, home, and other distant family members. We'll adjust. I'm sure everybody else can get jobs. If I were forced to up and leave my life right now, I'd be fine. Witness protection help you get new jobs. At least I would still be with my family. I can start over somewhere new.

Titles: I'm going over my old notes about titles. I remember this time back in 2001, I was talking to my friend Mary Ann.

Me: Have you ever heard of the TV show In a Heartbeat?
MA: Is it a soap opera?
Me: It's about a group of 4 teenagers who are paramedics. It's on ABC Family.

It also stars Shawn Ashmore, most well- known for his role as Ice Man on X-Men. I remember this time I worked at Roots back in 2005. I was talking to the assistant manager Lyndal.

Me: I'm going to go home and watch Veronica Mars.
Lyndal: Is that a sci-fi show?
Me: It's about a teenage girl who solves mysteries.

Aug. 24 Baby High: I was going to watch Teen Mom, but instead this show was on. It's about a high school for teen moms. I am getting sick of teen pregnancy. I don't really like this show as much as 16 and Pregnant, and the spin off Teen Mom. Maybe I will grow to like it.

Aug. 25 Job interviews: I went to an interview to be a receptionist at a law firm today. There are 7 applicants including me. I don't think I got the job because I was stumbling through my answers. I kind of redeemed myself by asking questions about the job. She did recognize me from the Soup place.

Then later I went to this job fair at a college. It's to work for the cafeteria in there. I thought there were going to be a lot of tables and displays, but there was only 1 table there. I did an interview on the spot.

Woman: Did you email your resume?
Me: Yes, I did on Kijiji. I also came in person to cover all my bases.

She said she's willing to hire me. We set up an interview for tomorrow with her supervisor.

Woman: Can I write on your resume?
Me: Yes.
Woman: Good. Do you know how many people often say: "Can I have that back?"

She also said that it's usually 10% of employees from the previous year come back to work here. So there's a high turnover, but that's still good to have 10% of people come back.

Aug. 26: I went to part 2 of the interview and got a job at a food court in a college. I hope this one works out. I just got a call from my high school friend Mitchell. He works at this food place. It pays a bit higher than this position I got, but he said there are a few applicants vying for this position. I'll stick with my job that I got now, because I know for sure I have this job. I don't know if I can get a job at Mitchell's place.

Saying: I was thinking about that saying: "It's like a car accident, it's so bad, but you can't take your eyes off it." That used to apply to me watching Dr. Phil and Maury. Now it's onto reading the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com. Now it's about reading the business section in the newspaper where they talk about the gloom and doom of the economy.

I'm trying to stay positive with my job search, but it's hard when reading the business section. I have to read it so I can know what's going on with the economy. Did you know that Sears sales decreased by 35%?

Quit: I have to cheer up. I quit working at the deli at the grocery store. It reminded me of The Secret Life of the American Teenager where Ben and Ricky work at the butcher shop. I checked my bank account and got paid from there.

Good acting: I was watching SLAT, and there is a bout of good acting. In a burst of anger, Ben (Kenny Bauman) asks: "What did you do to get that ring?" The anger was pure and raw. It seemed and felt real.

Robin Thicke: Onto something else not related to work. I was watching SLAT, and there's this new dr. and he looks a little like Robin Thicke. I had a dream where I was at Kingsway mall and there's this talent contest. The prize were flowers. I then heard the song "Lost Without U" by RT at a store in the dream.

News: I don't really get upset reading the news about murders and terrorism. It doesn't have a huge effect on my life. I was thinking about those miners who are stuck in the mine for the next 4 months. I was reading the Edmonton Journal's "Venting" section and someone said they should get paid time and a half for being there. True.

I was thinking about money, and the fact on how to stay away from boredom. People gave them food, water, and some board games. They should throw in some books, and a laptop. lol.

Rant: I'm experiencing that angry and depressed mood again. I got another job, and I feel like this won't work out. I had a series of jobs already this yr and they didn't work out. I just had a chat with my sister, and she says: "You don't get to pick and choose. You can't always find an easy job. You have a high school diploma and writing diploma. You have these sets of skills."

I might as well throw this one in too: There is a difference between bad thoughts and bad actions. Bad actions are worse. I kind of wished something bad would happen to the Call Centre #3 supervisor who told me to "lie my ass off" to get completed surveys. Then his eyes kind of got damaged.

I guess I wanted it to be like Michael Phelps when he was on Jay Leno.

MP: I used to get picked on a lot when I was in school. Actually it's kind of funny, when I go out to dinner with my mom, the people I used to go to school with are now servers there.
The audience laughs.
MP: No, that's not the funny part. The funny part is that they say to me: "Oh hey, we used to go to school together" and I'm like: "Yeah, and you used to pick on me. Now we're like friends? That's weird."

So I wished the supervisor had gotten a crappy job like a server. I'll throw in that I want Call Centre #3 to close down. I got laid off from there, and now I want all the other employees to get laid off too. However, I can't do anything about it to make it happen. It's a call centre, it will eventually close down on it's own.

Aug. 27 Blue: Let's end on a positive note. I watched a couple of music videos from my favorite British boy band Blue. I met them when they came to West Ed mall back in 2002. I was so happy and excited. I got all their autographs and the best part was when I got to hug my favorite member Lee Ryan. Good times.

When I first saw their video "All Rise" in 2001, I noticed Lee first.

Me: Who's that guy wearing that white hoodie and denim jacket over it? He's got such a sweet boy next door appeal. That's my Alex (this character I was writing at that time.) What's his name? How old is he? Where's he from?

Lee was 17 at the time and from the UK.

6 comments:

Lucy T. Patterson said...

Actually it is really true which said here http://www.cheapresumewritingservices.org/our-affordable-resume-writing-services/affordable-resume-editing-service/ that job interview is not that tough as you thinking and you just need to follow some instruction said in here.

Unknown said...

For the interview calls these resumes sample http://www.goodresumesamples.com/good-professional-cv-samples/ could be useful and you can really use them for making a really good one for youself.

Hopper said...

For that job interview phone calls these types of resumes test official site might be helpful and you will truly rely on them to make a very great 1 with regard to yourself.

Anonymous said...

Good blog post, Exercise is fundamental for the human and it is the best way to deal with wind up fit and long life. Here you give the visit webiste for the development which are unnecessarily remarkable and to a great degree, these techniques are working.

Emma Quillen said...

Thanks for sharing such a unique post.Here you give the test link info about job insurance.

anonymous said...

It is good to info that interview is very important for any jobs . you give test link more information about this .