Wednesday, August 25, 2010

funny videos/ quit/ call backs

Aug. 23 Funny videos: This woman Carol Brown emailed me on my blog:

"Hi Tracy,

My name is Carol and I work with Onlinedegrees.net. We recently published an article that you may be interested in entitled, "15 Funniest Commercials from Your Childhood ".

I thought perhaps you'd be interested in sharing this article with your readers? After having followed your blog for a while, I feel that this one article would align well with your blog's subject matter. If interested, here's the link for your convenience:
(http://www.onlinedegrees.net/blog/2010/15-funniest-commercials-from-your-childhood/).

Either way, I hope you continue putting out great content through your blog. It has been a sincere pleasure to read. Thanks for your time!

Thanks

Carol Brown"

It is a good link. There's even one with Jason Bateman (Arrested Development, The Switch) back when he was young. This is the kind of video that Jay Leno would put on his show. A celebrity comes on the show, and then JL shows a video clip of before he gets famous.

I remember this time a couple of years ago, Ryan Phillipe was promoting his movie Stop- Loss and how he did a Calvin Klien jeans commercial.

RP: The commercial was aired in Europe.
JL: We got the clip right here.
RP: No, don't show it!

Cut to RP running around with these jeans in his hands.
He enters a club and gives them to this girl.
They both put on the jeans and they are transported to this paradise.
They kiss.

Cut back to the show.
RP: They're a pair of magical jeans!
lol.

Funny comment: I was reading that 16 and Pregnant thread and all these people were dissing the pregnant girl Nikkole's boyfriend Josh. They're saying he's narcissistic, a sociopath, will father a lot of kids, and ultimately end up in jail. What's good is that he was the one who made himself look bad on national television. There was this really funny comment on twop.com:

"I'd like to let Amber loose on Josh, he just might be the biggest douche I have ever seen on realitytv and that's saying something considering the trash I watch."

lol. There's an a Teen Mom episode where Amber totally hits her boyfriend Gary for disrespecting her father. I know domestic violence is nothing to laugh about, but I kind of laughed at that comment.

Funny pic: I found this on Yahoo News. The antelope looks like it has a beard. Check it out:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nphotos/This-strange-bearded-antelope-was-seen-just-a-few-weeks-ago-in-Kenya-Its-not-clear-why-this-young-creature-looks-so-different-from-its-kin-Credit/photo/20082010/10/photo/strange-bearded-antelope-few-weeks-kenya-s-clear-young-creature.html

Job search: This morning I went to the dr. to get my Paxil. I've been procrastinating for a long time on it. I didn't want to spend the money to get it. The saying I follow by is: "Success doesn't lead to happiness. Happiness leads to success." -Ghandi

I need to be happy as I'm looking for a job. I got 60 pills that should last 2 months if I take it everyday. However, I may space it out and take it here and there. In the dr.'s waiting room and waiting to get my prescription filled at the pharmacy, I read the newspaper and looked for a job.

I did the usual of looking at the Edmonton Journal classifieds, and the 24 classifieds. I even looked at last week's Edmonton Examiner. I didn't pick it up last week because I had gotten a job at that grocery store. Now the job has not gone so well.

Horoscope: In 24, my horoscope said this: "You keep saying things about not doing enough or being lazy in life, when in reality you have been working emotionally."

Job: I hate this new job at a grocery store. There. I said it. I dread going to work. Why I should quit the job:

1. I don't like it.
2. I'm not good at it.

Aug. 24 Quit: Today I woke up early and was reading the newspaper. My sister came.

S: Shouldn't you be at work?
Me: No.
S: Did you quit?
Me: No, but I'm going to.
S: I don't care.

Okay, I'm going to admit it. My family's opinions do matter. S didn't say: "You should stick with it." So I didn't.

Yesterday I was talking to my brother about it. He worked there too, some summers ago but he was pushing carts. He said I should stick with it. Then I told him I quit, and he's like whatever. My mom told me that I should ask my dad before I do anything. My dad's out of town so I'll assume he would say: "Yeah, sure. Do whatever you want." Of course, I could call him, but I don't.

I'm 25 and am a grown woman. I can make a decision on my own and quit this job. It's not like when I was forced to quit the bank job because I was really not fit for it. It's a really good job, and my parents did keep pressuring me to keep it until I was told I wasn't good at it. Same goes for NAIT. I wanted to quit, and told my parents, but they told me to finish the rest of the year.

I'm not quitting a career or college. This is just a job. I told the grocery store that I still want to work for them, just not the deli department. I did give them the courtesy of a phone call. I don't want to burn my bridges.

Call backs: I got an email from this company to be a community support worker. I was told to come on Tues. during this time window. I did and I knocked on the door for a min. and no one was there. I slipped my resume underneath the door with a note.

I called this cafe where I did an interview for a couple weeks back. They said they hired someone else. Then I emailed Press'd Sandwich Company, who I earlier canceled an interview for, for the grocery store. They said they finished hiring.

I'm a little disappointed, but then this morning I got a call back from this law firm looking for a receptionist in downtown. I'm going for an interview tomorrow.

No comments: