Wednesday, August 18, 2010

blog comment/ headlines/ new job

Aug. 14 Blog comment: Anonymous wrote something on my blog again. I don't know if it's the same person who told me to go out and live my life, but he sounded like he was joking around:

"'and there was very little customers coming in' - How little were they? Do you mean midgets or actual pixies?"

lol. You know what I mean. There were very few customers coming in.

Aug. 15 Headlines: Here's a batch of headlines:

"Zombie victims scare emergency workers." The 5 occupants in the car got into an accident. They were dressed up as zombies for a party. They're all alive.

"Granny used live grenade as paperweight." It was in BC. No one know how it got there, but the bomb disposal team was called in and everybody's safe.

"Machines sell wine to blowhards." It's a vending machine that sells alcohol. You have to blow in it to test your blood alcohol level. If you drank too much, the machine won't sell alcohol to you."

Out of towner caught urinating in public, police wait at ATM for him to pay fine." The headline says it all. The police force him to pay for the fine now so he can't go and skip out on it when he leaves town.

"Monkey wanted to cuddle." It's this monkey in the Paignton Zoo that took a toad and held it as visitors watch."

"Florida Man Bites Girlfriend's Finger Off." -All Headline News

In Illinois, a school bus filled with children was driven into a ditch. The driver had to vomit, so he opened the door and it fell into the ditch. No one was seriously injured, but a mother of one of the children is suing the company for $48,500 Canadian."

"Man Gets Jail for Vomit- Assault." Arizona Republic headline.

"Toeing the line." Jerry Douthett of Rockford, Michigan had something wrong with his foot, but he didn't know what it was. He had a Jack Russel terrier chewed off the infected toe. It turns out it was bone infection and they amputated what was left of the toe, so that's good.

"Jon Bon Jovi meets Regina fans after reading they named a child after him." Chera and Blaine Miller named their second child Jovi. That was cool to meet a celebrity.

Funny: I read this in the Globe and Mail. A German father dumped his 14 yr old son on a highway 300 miles from home to "teach him a lesson." Police took the boy to a the police station and called home. The dad came and they hugged each other and apologized. Aww... however, it will be reported to social services.

"Misuse of a self-help book." The Los Angeles Times says: "...that a man was arrested for allegedly spying on a woman by embedding a camera in her copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul." The camera was in the spine of the book. The article mentions how people buy the book as a shelf filler. No one reads it or throws it away.

Crazy: This 51 yr old Italian man hated those vuvuzela horns, and he attacked a bar that was playing that music. He fired shots in the air, and there's no effect. He rammed his car into the bar 3 times.

Cat pictures: There is kitten in Russia that has 4 ears. I saw the pic. There are his main ears, and two more little ones without an ear canal.

There is a guy wearing a cat mask at a concert and giving a devil horns sign with his hand. The caption from the National Post says: "This is not Snoop Dogg, Sarah Harmer, a member of Arcade Fire or a 'shooter girl." This is a man attending Osheaga in a tiger mask, and he is AWESOME." lol.

Stupid criminals: In the Atlanta Journal- Constitution, this guy robbed a Wendy's and later called complaining that (twice): "The next time, there better be more than $586."

Junk- food confession: A serial rapist pleaded guilty to rape, kidnapping, and robbery charges is trying to overturn his conviction. He accuses his interrogators used junk food to get a confession in Memphis, Tennessee. The 275 pound man said he was fed lettuce in jail, and when he was offered junk food, he confessed to 19 felony charges.

Music videos: My sister was bored so I showed her a couple of music videos I liked like "Unthinkable (I'm Ready)" by Alicia Keys and "Roller coaster" by Robin Thicke feat. Estelle. That's one conversation where we didn't argue.

Aug. 16: "Dutch zoo hires Olympic gymnast to teach orangutans how to swing." This is in the zoo Ouwehands Dierenpark Rhenen. The monkeys forgot how to swing after the place closed down for renovations.

Job search: I looked at the Job Classifieds, and the Edmonton Journal Classifieds today and yesterday's. There's nothing. I can't stop looking for an office job because there's good job security and benefits. I have a college diploma, I should use it.

Writing: In the morning I looked for a job, and in the afternoon I did some writing. I turned off the computer and wrote. There was a little writing. I was busy imagining the actor Wes Brown in my script.

Aug. 17 New job: Today I started my new job at a grocery store that I applied at multiple times. There are benefits and the pay is $11.15/hr. It's also close by. It was also cool that I got to see Lisa who used to work at the Soup place with me. I saw her time card, her name was in her writing. She works at the same department as I do.

Rant: Here's a mild rant. The whole day I was mainly on the computer doing my job training. Then I got a phone call from my cell and it's this jewelery store calling to see if I'm still looking for a job.

Me: Yeah, how much do you pay and what are the hours?
Woman: Since you asked how much we paid, I don't think this job is really for you.

I was like: "Whatever." The lesson is don't ask how much it pays upfront. I don't usually ask that. I always ask: "Which location?" To see if it's far away. The thing is, they called me when I already got hired somewhere else. I wasn't really interested in working at a jewelery store, but I always like to keep my options open and gather information. There's no major loss.

No comments: