Friday, July 30, 2010

news/ future self/ job interviews

Jul. 27 News: I read that Kim Jong Il saved 68 people from a flood. However, after watching that MadTV music video where they make fun of him, I can't get it out of my head. You know that song by B2K called "Bump, Bump, Bump"? Well they made fun it calling it "Bomb, Bomb, Bomb." lol.

Here's the video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLS-AlfO30

KJI (sings): In my Stalinist regime, I got a bomb, bomb, bomb!

Song: I was watching Jay Leno and they had that actor who plays George Bush on. He posted a video on Facebook. GB throws on a Justin Beiber wig and starts singing: "Baby, baby, baby." It was cheesy, but it was funny.

Rookie Blue: I find this show unintentionally funny because it's so Canadian. I see Canadian actress Shay Mitchell (Pretty Little Liars) makes an appearance. They show Canadian currency. When they order coffee they say "double double" which is a shout out to Tim Horton's.

Names: I read that there is an Australian Indy car race driver named Will Power. The jokes write themselves. I used to work at a call centre and someone called this guy Warren Peace. I read in the movie Sky High, there's a character named that.

Job search: I spent 2 hrs this morning looking for a job. I read the Edmonton Journal Classifieds and there weren't any positions. I had to email this restaurant through Kijiji instead of gmail because it didn't work. Then I emailed my resume to a restaurant at West Ed. I faxed an admin assistant resume.

I emailed my friend Chamnouer a few positions. I also went to a job interview this afternoon. There are 4 applicants (including me) for 2 positions. I did get an interview for this store I applied to.

I then hit the job sites: Kijiji, Job Boom, Edmonton Job Shop.

Jul. 28: I called this store back for an interview. They said they're busy with interviews for the next 2 weeks so I should call after that.

As usual I went to the Edmonton Journal's Classifieds and there is this blurb that says: "It's considered CLASSIFIED, yet everyone reads it. Weird huh?"

I went to Shoppersdrugmart.ca and there weren't any positions. I went to ethanallen.com and they're hiring a design consultant. It's a good website. They sell furniture. I then emailed my friend Chamnouer about some positions she would be interested in.

Teen Mom: I was watching it last night. I mentioned this a long time ago about how Catelynn's mom April redeems herself in the first season. A didn't support her daughter for giving the baby Carly up for adoption.

Now A and Catelynn are talking because Tyler may be dumping Catelynn.

Catelynn: I wish I had Carly with me.
April: Doesn't mean you have a baby means that you can keep your man.
C: No, I want the baby so she could love me.
A hugs C. Aww...

Future self: My imagination went from a SWAT team from Service Canada coming and asking: "Why aren't you looking for a job?" to my Future Self asking that. I was watching South Park and Stan's Future Self comes to present time.

I imagine my Future Self confronting me.
Future Self: How come you're not looking for a job?
Me: I did. I passed out 160 resumes this month and I had a lot of job interviews.

Jul. 29 Job interviews: I had a crazy day today. I took the bus this morning and did an interview at a grocery store. I did the interview and was told to come back in an hr to do the tour and meet the manager. So I stayed at the mall, had lunch, read the newspaper.

They said they're willing to hire all 3 of us. One woman definitely took the job. The other had to see how it works with her schedule. As for me, I still had another interview to go to. I went to the luggage store.

Manager: There are 50 people who applied and there I whittled it down to 15 applicants.
Me: 15 people for 1 position?
Manager: Yes.

I also got a call from Rogers, but she said she will call me on Thurs. to set up an interview. I might as well call back the grocery store. I just had a talk with my dad, and he told me to go to the grocery store. I went and called them, and they said they'll call me next week to see if I will get hired.

Editing: My Professional Writing friend Cherie emailed some of her classmates to read her piece before she sends it out. I read it and made some comments. It's good to read other people's work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I really admire your struggle through the tedious drone of life. I'm sad that your date didn't work out, and I hope you find that right guy out there. I think you are an amazing writer, and you should keep it up. You will find a great job and a great guy. It is just a matter of perseverance. Keep your stick on the ice.