Wednesday, July 21, 2010

music video/ Rhythm Speaks/ Jet Set Zero

Jul. 18 Music video: I haven't gushed about a music video since watching Nickelback's "I come for you." I heard of Alicia Key's song "Unthinkable (I'm Ready)" and I really like this ballad. I saw the video, and it's not until the second shot that I recognized the actor. It's Chad Michael Murray from One Tree Hill!

I'm not really a fan of his. This is a good video because it mixes 1950s black and white film with the present. I feel the tension in the video. There is a little Romeo and Juliet with the families of AK and CMM not getting along. Race is kind of a factor.

Street Works Festival: I went there a couple of times to check out what's happening. Today was actually the last day. I learned that a Kubbi burger is like a sausage.

I went and saw the tail end of this performer saying he's from New Zealand.

Performer: I have a wife, 2 kids and a girlfriend to support.
The audience laughs.

Rhythm Speaks: I did tune in to watch the full show called Rhythm Speaks. They were wearing "Love your Movement" t-shirts. They were a dance crew and you know I love hip hop dancing.

The host Creeasian said: "It took us many moons to get here. We're from Clairview."
The audience cheers and laughs.
Fresh was this guy who had some weight on him. He managed to do a dance move that the singer Ciara does. He did this kind of limbo. Watch Ciara's music video "Like a Boy" where she demonstrates it.

Creeasian: We don't get paid to do this. If you stay, you pay. This show is worth $5. If you divide it between the 5 of us, we each get a dollar. It will get us away from two places. The poor house and your house. Put both your hands up.
The audience puts both their hands up.
Creeasian: Now we'll pickpocket you.
The audience laughs.
I paid them $5.

Me: Have you auditioned for So You Think You can Dance Canada?
Fresh (paraphrase): A few of us did audition. That show is biased. If you don't have professional training like tap, you have to audition 4-6 times. If you do have training, you audition twice. We prefer to dance with underground dancers who are b-boys and b- girls.

I asked for their site and here it is www.rhythmspeaks.tumblr.com

Well Anonymous told me to go out and meet some new people, and I did. This show kind of inspired me. They're doing what they love, dancing, and making money off it and having fun.

Job search: Yesterday I didn't look for a job at all because I was busy working for one day. I looked up the Edmonton Journal's classifieds yesterday's and today's paper. I emailed a few resumes. I also applied to a restaurant at City Centre.

Jul. 19: I applied to a store at West Ed through Job Serve. I got an email from the City of Edmonton rejecting me. That's fine. I did get a call back from a place I did work at, but this is from another location. I have an interview tomorrow. Maybe this one will work out.

I was going through the Edmonton Journal's classifieds again, and I see a lot of things I don't qualify for, but a lot of things my friends would be interested in so I'm going to inform them.

I emailed my friend Leslie with 1 position. My friend Angela with 2 positions. My friend Michelle with 1 position. My friend Chamnouer with multiple positions. She has some school friends who studied those positions so I added that too. That's my good deed for the day.

I wrote that this morning. This afternoon, I got another City of Edmonton email rejecting me. I also got a hotel calling me to become a banquet server and a store to be a sales associate. I have 2 interviews in 2 days. Leslie emailed me back saying she's not interested in that position.

Tosh.O: I was thinking about that funny and weird video clip on Tosh.O. It aired months ago. It showed a news footage of cops busting this strip club that was selling drugs. It took place in Europe.

Camera pan to all these young women wearing tight and revealing clothes, and they're all hiding their faces.
Camera pan to a pretty young blond woman wearing a pink slip dress. She's smiling and waving at the camera.

That was so weird. Why isn't she hiding her face like the others? I don't know. Unless all her friends, family, class mates, workers from her other job, neighbors, family friends all know that she's a stripper.

I'm sure some of the girls who were hiding their faces, all the people she knows, know that she's a stripper. But that doesn't mean she wants to go walking down the street or waiting in line to buy coffee so that strangers will come up to her.

Stranger: Hey were you on the 6 o'clock news when the cops busted that strip club?
Girl: Yeah.
lol.

South Park: That brings me to another topic. There was an episode where the boys go to the Peppermint Hippo. I thought that was a weird name for a strip club. Patrick was watching it with me.

P: They're making fun of the strip club called the Spearmint Rhino. It's in Las Vegas.
Me: How do you know that?
P: I read it in FHM or something.

P looks it up and it turns out that the Spearmint Rhino is a chain of strip clubs. I thought that was weird. I know there are chain restaurants and stores, but not strip clubs. There's actually a SR at a London airport. The things you learn.

Giles Panton: I IM him on Facebook. He said he read some of the changes of my script. Then he said he has to go and work on a cartoon.

Sleeper: I was thinking about that psychic book again and about how she has sleeper clients. That means boring clients where nothing is happening in their lives. My life is kind of like that because I don't have a job. I did work at a call centre one time and this young woman who I was talking on the phone told me: "I would be so bored if I had your job." Even if I do have a job, it can get boring.

Last week was interesting. I had 6 job interviews, that lead me to work at a place for a day, and I had a date.

Fun: Today was interesting. I went to City Centre mall and I bought myself a A&W teen burger and a float because I had this coupon. I never buy drinks because I don't like to spend $3 on something to drink. But it was a coupon, so that's why I bought it.

I then saw Bradley who I worked at Call centre #3 at. The most interesting part was that I bumped into my friend Jessica who got back from her trip in Hong Kong. She was with her little sister, and I assume her uncle and her cousin. We went to Dollarama and they're setting up the Halloween stuff.

Then I noticed that 360 degree clothing store closed down. I think it just opened last month. Well I know it was there last month. We walked past Common Scents and her uncle thought they were selling alcohol due to the bottles. lol.

J: There is alcohol in perfumes, but you just can't drink it.
I never noticed this, but some perfume bottles kind of look like alcohol bottles.

Jet Set Zero: I got this Facebook update from the reality show that my cousin Jen is on, it's called Jet Set Zero. For the first time I saw her audition tape. I saw her tattoos that I have never seen them before until now. The video is very fun and entertaining to watch. Damn, now my life seems like a sleeper.

Jul. 20 Job interview: I went to a job interview today and it lasted only a few min. There are 3 people up for this position. I forgot to ask if that included me. I went through this week's Job Classifieds and there weren't any positions for me.

EI: I got my EI today and I seem to consistently get the same amount of money.

Writing: I don't know if any of you guys noticed this, but I've been sending 3 emails a week instead of the usual 2. That's because I have a lot of time on my hands.

No comments: