Sunday, July 4, 2010

job search tips/ set up & payoff/ job sites

Jul. 2 Job search tips: I was reading in the Globe and Mail that if you even take a few days off of your job search, it takes even longer and harder to get motivated. The tips:

1. Have a daily routine and stick to it.
2. Dress for success. Getting dressed for work will remind you that your goal is to get a new job.
3. Network daily. Getting advice and keeping up with what's in your business helps generate enthusiasm.
4. Have a daily goal. Being able to check off a daily achievement will boost you.
5. Do reg. reviews. Write down your achievements and where you're making progress and what you need to adjust to be more successful.
6. Don't coast. Avoid the temptation to relax because you think you got it in the bag. No search is finished until you have the job in hand.

Facebook: This guy I used to go to NAIT with has finally confirmed as his friend on Facebook. I then emailed him about my job search and ask if anyone's hiring. He's in Fort Saskatchewan, but he may know of something.

EI: I filed for EI today.

Karate Kid: I didn't see the movie remake, but I did read the review. It was: "Who wants to see kids get hurt?" In Never Back Down, it was teens fighting. In Fighting, it was adults fighting.

Set up & payoff: I need to focus on my writing. I was watching South Park and I learned of a really good set up and pay off. This episode reminded me of Criminal Minds and CSI. It's weird. How can a cartoon remind you of crime procedural shows? The episode was about Cartman wanting to get back at this teen Tom for scamming him out of $16.23.

The whole episode was mediocre until the surprise ending. It was at a chili bake off. C and T are eating chili.

Cartman: I knew my friends Kyle and Stan would tell you that I was setting up my revenge on you on that pony farm. I knew you would tell your parents to go there to take your place. I told Farmer to shoot anyone on sight because they would steal his ponies. He shot your parents.

Farmer: I had to. I thought they were stealing my ponies.

Cartman: Then when the police weren't looking, I stole the bodies and cut them up and put it in the chili. You're eating your parents right now.

T is stunned and in shock that his parents have been murdered and he's eating them.

That was the most craziest ending I have ever seen. At least for this show. I would get this kind of ending in a crime drama or a movie. It was like Criminal Minds because putting a dead body parts in the chili was done on that show. Cartman describing how he committed the crime sounded like what CSI would show. This episode aired before CM came out.

News: I read in the business section of the newspaper that people get scammed for buying useless software programs all the time. Or maybe you guys already knew that.

Well did you know that bank accounts help people with mental illness? The people often have all their cash at home so they could risk robbery or spending it all. The bank accounts may be a small step, but it's a big help.

Medical tip: I was watching an old Buffy rerun called "Earshot" where Jonathan was going to kill himself. Buffy faints and then she comes to.

Cordelia: I told them not to move you, because it could hurt your spinal cord.

Oh yeah, I remember that in Centre High English class. Someone said that. I also remembered the actor Keram Malicki- Sanchez on that show as the school newspaper editor.

Actors: Keram Malicki- Sanchez plays some good music. He was in the bad teen movie called Drive Me Crazy and an average movie called Happy Campers.

Look alike: I was watching Claudia (Allison Scagliotti) on Warehouse 13. I think she looks like Liz on My Life as Liz. They both have red hair, except Liz's hair is long. The face is similar.

The Good Guys: This is a new summer show. It stars Tom Hanks son Colin Hanks and Bradley Whitford. These two play cops solving crime together. There are explosions and lots of comedy and action. It's fun to watch. I recommend you check it out.

I saw a few episodes and the pilot had them go to a strip club. It's TV, sex sells. I remember Law and Order: SVU going to a strip club a couple of times to investigate a case. On the show Lie to Me, they did that too.

Psychic: I was reading my psychic book and Lisa Barretta talked about how she worked for a 1-900 psychic hot line. She got hired by doing a tarot reading over the phone. At first she didn't take the job, but the boss said they were so busy, she took it.

People prefer to do psychic phones because then they can call that line anytime. They also like the fact that they would never run into the psychic and that person knows all about their secrets and problems. I like to see one in person and to see the divination tools out in front of me like tarot cards and palms.

Jul. 3 Job sites: Here is proof that I'm looking for a job. I went through all these sites.

Jobline.ca: That's for working for charities.
Jobisjob.ca: It's an alright job site, but there is a lot of staffing agencies listings.
Jobindeed.ca: I would say the same thing about this site like Jobisjob.ca.
Jobhawk.com: I applied to restaurant and retail jobs there.

Customerservicejobwork.com: There's only 4 positions in AB and I applied to one.
Lock-associates.com: There are a lot of positions for people with degrees in business, and sciences. There are positions for selling chemicals and surgical products.
Jobserve.ca: This site's pretty good because there are a lot of positions.

www.jobs.alberta.ca: This is the govt. of AB site. I applied to a couple of positions.
Clickclassified.ca: There are no jobs on that site right now.
Jobkin.ca: There are 7 positions in Edmonton. They're temporary and most of it is U of A hiring returning students to be U-pass distributors.

Yahoo.com: I went to the Hot Jobs section and then I picked Restaurants/ food service in Edmonton. There are a lot of positions. I click on it, it leads me to Canada.com. There are a lot of "Pages not found."

Education: I learned that if you want to be a unit clerk for Covenant Health, you need a unit clerk diploma. You do learn stuff on your job search.

PTI Group: Have you ever heard of these people? I went to the site, and it's mainly kitchen staff that cook for people working the oil sands. I remember back in 2008, this Aboriginal woman Debbie worked at the Soup place. She said she worked at a place like that. There is TV and internet over there.

Jul. 4 Job search: Sunlife Financial called last night- again. They called me back in Apr. I checked my records. The woman was Chinese and she spoke a little of it to me over the phone. I'm going to stay away from them because it's not the type of job for me. It's selling stuff and you have to put money in from your own pocket. I did that test for them and it did ask questions about how much money you would put in.

Careermotion.ca: I found this site through Job Bank. This is only for British Columbia residents.

Kingsway: I went to Kingsway to pass a resume. I see there's a new kiosk Things Engraved. After it closed down in City Centre, this store also popped up in West Ed.

Jobstack.com: This is a bad site. Most of the links I clicked are American though I am on Job Search Canada.

Restaurant news: I read in the Edmonton Journal business section that in the recession, Alberta restaurants are making 54 cents per every $1 spent on groceries. That's actually good compared to other provinces that are 44 cents.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is to tell everybody that DasNet is the company that don't pay Local Afghani companies payment for more than 3 months, dont work with them.

Dilar said...

Every person just works for the money and very few do it for the sake of their love to work so they visit the site and share their experiences at the job and guide others as well that how they can be part of that and earn quickly.

Haoner said...

You can find the Tracy's blog in this field with the better pattern. Get the amazing deals here with the previous posts and find the helpful link which is a great thing for you. You can find the better stuff from this zone of the success.

mikon said...

Best tips for the job search are present here for the better section of your life. You can also find the previous posts here. See the link of http://www.resumetemplates2017.com/ats-resume-scanning-tool and find the better stuff for your life. You can also see the special links for your life.

William Leeson said...

Finest methods for the work lookup exist the following for your far better part you will ever have. You can also find the last content the following. Start to see the website link regarding http://www.ksaservices.net/about-ksa-services/ and discover the higher products to your living. You can even start to see the specific back links to your living.

Robinsheen said...

Ideal techniques for the effort search really exist the subsequent on your superior aspect you might previously include. You can also find one more information the subsequent. Commence to view the website about http://www.resumeeditingservice.com/how-to-choose-best-format-for-resume-in-3-easy-steps/ and discover the greater merchandise on your located. Ceremony commence to view the unique one way links on your located.