Monday, June 7, 2010

The Situation/ Rookie Blue/ MTV Movie Awards

June 4 The Situation: I filed for EI today and reported that I got a full-time job. But, I have a question that I will have to call and ask on Monday. I got laid off, then got a full-time job. What if my job I have now gives me part-time hours, can I still go back to receiving EI?

The con: If no, then I will make less money working part- time, and not be getting extra money on the side with EI.

The pro: I will still have a job. I can keep working there for months so I can put that on my resume. I will still make money. I will have free time to look for a office job.

I'm different: In 2005, I worked part-time, but I was spending a lot of money on cds and dvds. In 2006, I was working part-time, and I saved money. However, on my free time I spent a lot of time watching TV and going on twop.com. I was going to go to school in the fall, so I was having fun. I didn't have to look for an office job.

This time, I won't be going to school. I'm not really interested in buying cds or dvds. I rarely ever read the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com. I have kept track, and even when I was unemployed for 2 months, I only read one page a day or one page a week of that thread because I was so busy looking for a job.

The challenge though is to cut down on TV. I am excited that my summer shows are coming back like well-written dramas called Lie to Me, In Plain Sight, and the new cop drama Rookie Blue.

I will save money and keep looking for an office job.

June 5 Break: I was watching a Criminal Minds repeat "Slave of Duty" that aired a few weeks ago, which had Wes Brown guest- starring.

The FBI team is working.

Prentis: We're giving up?
Morgan: We're taking a break.

I took a break from my job search for two weeks because I was busy working full-time. Then today since it's my day off, I went and looked for a job on the internet. A lot of time has passed, and there are all these new job postings on the banks sites so I went and applied to them.

Personality test: There was this other question that was on that Payless Shoes job test:

What contributes to success?

When interested.
When demanded.

I got that Professional Writing diploma because I was interested in writing. There was a little of demand because I really wanted a college diploma. I got a high school diploma because it was mainly demanded of me. Especially with math. I wasn't interested in math because I wasn't good at it, but I needed it to graduate and get into college, so that's why I pushed myself.

EI: I was talking to my dad about how I would work part-time and still get EI.

Dad: Say you make $270. EI will only give you $15 because you already are making some money. When you weren't working at all, you get $300.

Feelings: I spent 3 hrs in the morning looking and applying for jobs on the internet. Then I went to the library to pick my book Story by Robert McKee. I put that book on hold last July. Yeah, that's right it took me a yr to get this book. I met the producer John Kerr and he recommended I read it.

I applied to a hotel. Then I went home and read some of the book. I then went and spent 1.5 hrs on the internet doing my job search. I feel so emotionally drained. I have gotten that familiar feeling when I apply for jobs. I haven't felt that way in a couple of weeks because I was working and not looking for a job.

Stay positive: I have to stay positive. At least Booster Juice is better than Albert's Family Restaurant. I got a call back from Albert's the other day. I would have to work from 6:30am-3pm and I hate waking up early. They pay min. wage because we get tips. I skipped on that job.

Benefits: At least I'm not working at Call Centre #5. There was a benefits plan at that place, and it's $35 a month. I didn't sign up for it because I had a feeling I wouldn't be working there for a very long time and I was right because they let me go after 2 days.

Did you know the store Town Shoes has benefits? I would have to go to West Ed to work there though.

Disk rant: I was working on my Rain script by copying and pasting it onto another disk. I was rearranging it to make the story progress faster. The next day I went to open the document and it didn't work. Interesting how the Microsoft Word doesn't work on the disk, but the Adobe Reader documents work.

Actors: Let's change the subject. I read that Sara Canning (the aunt from The Vampire Diaries) is from Sherwood Park. She was in the Edmonton magazine Avenue. I thought that was cool.

There's an actress Emmanuelle Vaughier. She's on CSI: NY for a few episodes playing Det. Jessica Angell. Then one night I was thinking her, and I realized she was on the 2002 Canadian show My Guide to Becoming a Rockstar with Kate Hudson's little brother Oliver Hudson. Then I went on imdb.com and saw that I have seen her prior to that on Smallville where she married Lex Luthor.

Then I have seen her on Human Target as Chance's love interest. She's from Vancouver.

I was watching The Twilight Zone from the 60s. I saw William Shatner when he was young. I have never seen him when he's young. I only see him when he's old and makes appearances on late night talk shows like Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien. I will say WS was a handsome young man in the episode I saw of him on TZ.

June 6: I saw Debra Wilson (MadTV) on CSI.

Rookie Blue: The show hasn't come out yet, but it stars Missy Peregrym. I read about her being on a new show months ago in Metro. You may have seen MP in the gymnastics movie Stick It. I've seen her in short-lived shows like Life as We Know It with Sean Faris (Never Back Down). It was in 2003. She was also in another short-lived show Black Sash in 2004.

Continuity: I was watching 90210 and I like the continuity of how Liam steals these antique coins from his step dad to give to his father. Then in another ep, Rosa the housekeeper gets fired because the mom suspects she stole the coins. Then in the season finale, Liam admits to the theft.

I was surprised to see Jen pregnant. Her stomach was sticking out a bit and that was a good twist to the story. However, my sister thought it was stupid.

S: How could no one notice that she was that pregnant?
All the shots of Jen were above the chest. Maybe I'll wank it in my mind that Jen was wearing baggy clothes the entire time.

Statistics: I was watching Tyra, and there was that statistics and chances show. The chances of women getting married according to age:

Women in their 20s: 86% chance.
Women in their 30s: 76% chance.
Women in their 40s: 40% chance.

MTV Movie Awards: I was watching this with my siblings. Aziz Ansari (from Parks and Recreation) hosted it and he was really funny. Of course Twilight Saga's New Moon won a lot of awards like last year. I did like that Ken Jeong won Best WTF Moment for The Hangover. He thanked his cast mates for helping him get through a tough time because his wife Tran had breast cancer. She's been breast cancer free for two years and he thanked her. By her ordeal, he took the chance to do the movie.

It was also good to see under-rated actress Anna Hendricks win for Up in the Air. I didn't know her and didn't see the movie, but it's good to see something or someone other than Twilight win.

It was good to see under-rated actor Rain from the movie Ninja Assassin win Badass Character.

No comments: