Friday, June 25, 2010

blog/ JW Research/ Rookie Blue

June 22 Blog: I always check my blog if someone makes comments on them. Well some actually did. Yesterday, I was looking at my Jan.9,2010 post. I wrote about the TV movie In her Mother's Footsteps. The comment was posted 23 min. after I posted it:

"ashleigh said... hahaha k the funny thing is that im watching this movie right now so now during the commercials i am looking for what is happening cuz i cant handle it lol so thanks! now i know what to expect... btw ur a great writer!"

That is so nice that she said I'm a great writer. lol. That means a lot to me.

I looked at my Jan. 23,2010 post where I talked about Conan O' Brien. His comment was made on May. 4, 2010. Here's the comment:

"Conan O'Brien Tickets said... Has anyone purchased Conan O'Brien Tickets from the website http://conan-obrien-tickets.doitbigtickets.com/

On my Apr.11.2010 post, someone made a comment on Jun. 6,2010:

"Anonymous said... Tracy...Corrections has a magazine called "Let's Talk". You should maybe send a resume to them as it seems that writing may be your interest. The CSC has a Communications sector, so give that a shot too. They are also short on parole officers at the moment and people teaching specific programs. The big push at the moment is to make sure that certain minority groups are represented in hiring. Stress that if it applies. Good luck."

June 23 Saying: I did get a call from Albert's Family Restaurant at the beginning of the month. I was working at Booster Juice and I thought I might as well stick with it, so I turned down Albert's. Albert's paid min. wage $8.80/hr, because we get tips. The hours are 7am-3pm and I hate morning jobs. I've been unemployed for a few weeks so I called the restaurant and they said drop by a resume. They saying is: "Beggars can not be choosers."

I'm at the point that I might as well take this job. If it doesn't work out, and I work for a few days, I can still get some money and never go to that restaurant again.

McDonald's sounds appealing to me.

Job search: I picked up the Examiner and looked at their classifieds. One bakery was too far away and another was out of town in Wainwright.

Wealth: I read in The Globe and Mail that if you feel wealthy, you want to spend more. The article was about the recession and that a lot of people don't seem to learn their lesson from it. The lesson is don't buy stuff you can not afford, and save money if you lose your job.

Bonnie Doon: If I have to, I should expand my horizons and apply to Bonnie Doon mall. Tim Horton's is replacing that cafe that closed down in the food court. Patrick did tell me that the 106 doesn't run on Sundays, so I'll have to take the 1 and the 4 to get to work on Sundays if I go to that mall.

Shopping: The store Bow Ring used to be in Kingsway mall, and now I see it's in West Ed. Though I think there was a closing down sign when I was there the other day. I also saw the Things Engraved kiosk at West Ed. There was one at City Centre, but it closed down.

June 24 Organized: I'm way more organized in my rebooted job search that started in Nov. 2009. I write down everywhere I apply to. I did new things like setting up profiles on bank and job sites. I also used the fax machine to fax my resumes. I used Facebook to email all my friends that I'm looking for a job. I even looked up all my NAIT classmates who I haven't seen since 2005 to ask about jobs.

Subweigh: That Crank Yankers show has an effect on me and that is how I will spell it. It was in the news a couple of weeks ago, but this Subway employee was fired for not writing down that she had two sandwiches which she gave to her neighbors. Her neighbors' homes burned down and she was helping them out by giving them food.

She worked there for 10 months, and she was a good employee. She forgot to write it down because she was busy helping people. Fortunately, Quizno's hired her. Subs sold from that Quizno's location that she works at from Jun 12-20, will be used to help the fire victims.

I also applied to both Subway and Quizno's.

Essay: I was reading the Globe and Mail and this guy talked about how he was unemployed for a long time, that he took a job as a roofer though he was afraid of heights. He then actually did fall from a roof, but he's okay. He's not afraid of heights anymore.

Canadian: I realized that I find the littlest things to be funny. I was watching a Flashpoint episode where this guy kidnaps a woman because he looks like his daughter. I see a 24 newspaper box which proves that it's shot in Canada. A saw a promo for the Canadian TV show Hiccups, and I see the Metro newspaper box.

JW Research: It's been pretty busy. 3 people called me about a job. One is JW research which sells credit cards. It's $12/hr for 2 week training. Then when you're out getting people to sign up for credit cards, you should be getting paid $14/hr. If you don't get enough people signing up, you are dismissed.

I also got a call from a store at South Common, and it's too far away so I didn't go for it. World Financial Group found my resume on Workopolis so they called me. Last yr I saw an ad for them in the Examiner, and I asked my dad about it. He said it's not a real bank, so don't take it. It's about selling insurance or whatever.

June 25 Rookie Blue: I was watching the new pilot yesterday. There were quite a few surprises like a woman needs to be searched and is really transgendered. Police can only search people of their own gender so they won't get sued for sexual harassment.

There's lots of excitement like the lead Andy enters into a building after a gunshot was fired. She finds a girl overdosed and administers CPR. Andy also ruined an undercover cop's cover, but I really thing the other cop who said hi to UC was the on who ruined it. A searches for a gun, and the gun ends up pointed at her by the suspect they were looking for.

In the beginning of the show, she and the other rookies have to unlock their own handcuffs. That's a good set up, because the payoff is she is forced to handcuff herself when the gun is pointed at her. Later it's revealed, the suspect in the orange shirt is actually a good guy who wants to help his sister who overdosed.

www.acti.org: I found this in the Edmonton Journal's classifieds. It's a 24 week Govt. funded program taught by entrepreneurs to start your own business. I checked the site, but I want a job, and not to start my own business.

Paper jam: I was printing out my resumes, and there was a paper jam. It took me like 5min to figure it out. I feel accomplished that I got that paper out by myself. lol. I feel refreshed to go out and pass out resumes.

EI: I called Service Canada and the message said that they made a decision on my claim on the week of June 20 (this week) and have to wait until the next business day. I checked my bank account and there's no EI deposit. Looks like I'll have to call on Mon.

Bristol Palin: So I read in the Metro that Vice- Presidential candidate Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol was going to be on Secret Life of the American Teenager. I clicked on this video on Yahoo and I totally spoiled myself. Right now SLAT is airing on MuchMusic and Amy got accepted into this music program.

Then I saw the clip and now I know why Amy got accepted to it. BP's acting was really flat. She said her lines without much emotion and needs some acting lessons. I found myself cringing a bit on her flat delivery.

I do want to add Jonathan Taylor Thomas's acting in I'll be Home for Christmas was really poor. I always had trouble thinking: "Is the bad acting blamed on the actor or the writing?" In this case it was bad acting for JTT. I cringed when I saw this on video. It was in jr. high and it played during the lunch hour so I decided to check it out. Don't watch this movie.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

you have a nice topic for a research

Unknown said...

thank for showing it to us... i love it..

bestessays.com review

thanks,
badloi

Scoremore said...

nice blog,i really love reading your blog,i agreed that you are really a great writer.thanks for sharing all your blogs and it's really informative.i will be looking forward for new released blog coming from you.

Anonymous said...

The how to get robux for free is answered by the use of free robux generator which generates the free robux for the roblox tobux game to play free.

zami said...

There is the blog related to the job research. You can find the new space to find the manner in the better way. Just get the previous posts from this field and go now for the better research. You can also find the new deals here.

mikon said...

See this Tracy's blog in this special zone and find the new meaning for your life. You can also get the previous posts in this zone. Get the link of http://www.resumekeywords.biz/discover-the-best-phrases-for-resumes-2017 and get the JW research blog with the helpful mode in this zone.

mikon said...

There is the new blog of the research rookie with the better fields. Make your life more good and you can browse around this web-site easily which is a good thing. See the previous posts related to the job search and make your life more good.

Kahya said...

There are lot of admins who do not even bother try this to check their comments which the people have made as these comments also raise the traffic towards the blog so they must also be answered.

Fasg said...

This is the blog of the JW research, rookie blue and the other pattern easily. You can find the previous posts from this page and can try this out to get the best pattern of all the time. You can also get the new field of the life.