Tuesday, June 29, 2010

blog/ Behind the Wall/ psychic

June 26 Blog: Another person commented on my June 23 blog post:

Everything can be done online whether it is job search or online dating for the blessing of togetherness. (June 25)

Joke: Patrick was watching 21 because it's gambling and Black Jack, and he's totally interested in it. I see that Laurence Fishbourne is in the movie.

Me: Looks like he's in Las Vegas in this movie, and he stayed there because now he's on CSI.
lol. CSI is set in Vegas.

June 27 Survey: This survey popped up on Yahoo, and since I was a market research interview, I thought I should do it. So I did. It was fast and I feel good that I helped a company.

Kyle Riabko: I went to the Art Works Festival yesterday and I remembered Kyle Riabko performing there back in 2007. I went on the internet to see if he's performing. His official site doesn't work, so I "liked" him on Facebook. I then commented on his wall that his site wasn't working.

Go check out his music www.myspace.com/kyleriabko

Job search: Yesterday I spent 3 hrs looking for a job and it landed me an interview. Today I only went through the Edmonton Journal's Classifieds. I did that yesterday, and it's the same things.

Imagination: I imagined working on my script, and then the SWAT teams busts in again. This time they're asking: "You're supposed to be looking for a job, but here you are writing."

Me: This will help me get paid.

Another imagination is me on the phone to the supervisor in Call Centre #4. They're the ones who dismissed me after one day of work because 9 completes wasn't enough.

Me: Oh don't worry, your call centre will close down soon. In the past 5 yrs, Ispos, Leger, Convergys, GE call centres, the one in Westmount mall closed down. Malatest laid off people too. Don't go thinking that you'll last.
Supervisor: F--- you.

Of course, I would never tell them that. I don't want to burn all my bridges. I'll think of it, and put this post on my blog for anyone to read. I'm listing evidence.

June 28 Job interview: I went to the interview and I think it went well. I entered a car dealership for the first time. I never went to one because I never was interested in buying a car. There are 15 applicants and he said I didn't really have any reception experience. He pointed out that it seems really far away to get to the office. It's 30min to get there, and a 15 min. walk.

This may sound like I'm putting obstacles in front of myself. It isn't because I actually went to the interview. He talked about how he and his employees work with insurance companies and they go steal his estimators and technicians from his company. lol.

The Simpsons: That reminds me of The Simpsons where Mr. Scorpio's company tries to hire Smithers, but he turns them down. They go and hire the next employee who's been working at the nuclear power plant the longest, and that was Homer.

That also reminds me of when Mr. Burns steals the Simpsons' 25 puppies.

Lisa: Those are our puppies, you stole them from us!
Mr. Burns: Well here's a phone, why don't you call somebody who cares?
Mr. B gives L the phone.
L dials 911.
Mr. B snatches it back.
Mr. B: Oh give that back.

I also called back that Royal Alberta Museum cafe that I did an interview last week. They said they'll call me on Fri. but they didn't. They said I should wait 2 more weeks before they make a decision. I could get a job by then. I'm sure you guys are thinking: "Really? Because you've been unemployed for 3 weeks."

HMV: I read in the Globe and Mail about how HMV isn't doing well. I know that in 2007, they expanded to selling video games and in 2008, they started Blu-Ray and books. I did a job interview with them back in Dec.2008, but didn't get hired. I would love to work there, and I applied multiple times over the years.

EI: Do you know what the highlight of my day so far is? Filing for EI for the weeks from June 6- June 19. I only worked 1 hr in a period of 2 weeks.

Actors: I was watching some CSI: NY reruns and I saw Kerr Smith as a reoccurring character. He was on Dawson's Creek and the new show Life Unexpected. I don't watch those shows, but my sister does. I was watching Warehouse 13, and I saw the Edmonton actor Niall Matter guest-star.

Behind the Wall: This is an average TV movie I saw a couple weeks back. Robert McKee's Story has an effect on me. The movie was shot beautifully in Newfoundland and Labrador. As McKee says: "Film is not beautiful photography."

There was also a false ending in the movie where they give the dead body a proper burial. You think the problem's solved. Then it turns out, it didn't work out. There was a false ending in the TV show Dark Angel season 1 finale where it looks like Max destroyed Manticore, but she didn't.

The movie was about this young girl's mom who was murdered by her dad. Then it turns out she lives in this lighthouse with a conjoined house. Behind a wall in the house, was this ghost that murdered her mom. Her dad tried to save her, but couldn't. He took the blame.

Years later, the girl comes back because she got a letter from the young mayor to promote tourism in her small town. It turns out the priest wrote the letter and the girl talks to him about it. Mayor and friends stay in the light house, and one by one gets disposed of by the ghost.

It wasn't really scary, and I didn't feel a lot of suspense or tension. Then in most TV movies and spy movies, the protagonist looks like he/ she committed the crime and gets arrested. That helps complicate things and build tension. Then the problem is solved by burning the light house down.

June 29 Psychic: I caved in and finally bought the book The Street Smart Psychic's Guide to Getting a Good Reading by Lisa Baretta. I found it in the book store and have been lusting after it for a few weeks. It's a really good and fun read.

It talked about how she's a psychic and she experiences clients like "The Debunker: The Tester." I was like that with my first reading with Psychic Nadia in 2009. I was very obvious that I was testing her.

Nadia: Are you in school?
Me: You're psychic, aren't you supposed to know that about me?

Later:
Nadia: What's your job?
Me: You're psychic, aren't you supposed to know that about me?
Nadia: Why are you giving me such a hard time?! Your palm only tells me so much about you, but you have to provide me with some information so I can interpret them better.

The second time I saw Psychic Terri. I found myself testing her subtly by asking questions to things I know the answer to. This was in Feb.

Me: Do you see the call centre closing down?
Terri: I don't see it closing down, but I don't see you working there.
I know that because I haven't been getting shifts from there in the past 3 weeks and I don't see it in the future either.

Psychic jokes: I remember watching the hidden camera show Girls Behaving Badly with actresses playing pranks on people. One of them pretended to be a psychic.

Cut to Pyschic with Woman.
Psychic: I see red. Are you on your period?
That's ridiculous.

There was one on The Jamie Kennedy Experiment where JK pretends to be a psychic and tells this Guy all about him that he's a middle child and that he's in a fraternity. JK predicts he will meet a woman in white tonight.

The 2nd part of the prank is JK dressing up like a woman in white to meet Guy. JK reveals to Guy that he's a psychic and he wants to make the prediction come true. Guy was creeped out by him, then JK reveals it's a joke. They all laugh.

Acting: I was watching Secret Life of the American Teenager and I saw Ruthie (Mackenzie Rosman) from 7th Heaven. Both shows are from the same creator. I have never seen her outside of 7H. She's grown up and she's got a little range by being mean on this show.

20/20: Last Friday I saw 20/20 where they covered Michael Jackson's 1 yr anniversary of his death. I saw some of it. They showed his "crib" or mansion, before and after. It's really over the top with all these big toys and games. There are a lot of paintings of him.

I was on Yahoo news awhile back, and saw some pictures of Paris Hilton's home and she has pics and paintings of herself. Well lots of regular, non-famous people have pictures and paintings of themselves.

1 comment:

Educated Psychic said...

Self-knowledge and self-analysis can be learned. Visit an educated psychic at Psychic Consulting by Email