Wednesday, May 26, 2010

actors/ The Party Never Stops/ Facebook

May 23 Actors: I was watching CSI: NY rerun and I saw William Gregory Lee. He played Zack on Dark Angel and I saw him on one episode of a short-lived sitcom called Run of the House. The sitcom had Joey Lawrence (from the sitcom Blossom) playing a big brother. Coincidentally JL was also on this CSI: NY ep. Since he's the biggest guest-star, he's the guy who did it.

Though I thought it was creative ending. JL and Mac Taylor are on top of the roof where MT is trying to arrest him. Then JL falls down from the roof onto a police car, but his hands were cuffed behind him.

CSI: NY: I like that this show has continuity. There was an ep where Det. Flack has to turn in a dirty cop, and for every case that the cop testified in. The criminals will get a retrial because that dirty cop can't be trusted. That's how JL appeared on this show.

There is also the one where Stella got cut from glass in a crime scene and may have got HIV. Episodes later, DNA tests results come and she's clean. Then there's Stella and the Greek artifacts storyline. Craig T Nelson was on. He played a bad guy, but he didn't commit the crime, but his son played by Thad Luckinbill did it. Then they return to the storyline where TL's character gets kidnapped when a truck drives into the diner that he's in.

Then there are reoccurring characters like the rapper Nelly.

Saying: I remember this 2001 interview with the boy band Nsync when they were on Muchmusic.

Chris: It's not about the amount of money, but how you see it.

I could see that $9/hr is low because the min. wage is $8.80/hr. Do you remember the days of 2003 when it used to be $5.90/hr? Then in 2005, it was raised to $7/hr.

Friends: I spent all morning looking up my NAIT friends on Facebook. Then in the afternoon I talked to Lauraine at Grand and Toy. She filled me in on her schooling. Then I went and talked to Justin. He told me he did send my resume to his bank.

May 24 News: I went on Yahoo news and see that Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack died. That is so weird because his wife died 5 months earlier. They say there's no foul play.

In lighter news I see that Yahoo Personals is closing down by Jul.21. They'll be moving to Match.com.

Sleep: I have to wake up at 6am tomorrow morning. The other day I put a cup of coffee by my bed before I went to sleep. Then when I woke up at 8:30am, I drank half a cup of it. I fell asleep, but woke up at 9:30am. After three cups of coffee, at 3pm, I had to sleep a bit. I fell asleep at the usual time of 3am. Then this morning I woke up at 9:30am and it was easier to get out of bed because yesterday I already woke up at that time.

The Party Never Stops: I saw this mediocre TV movie on Sat. night. It stars Sara Paxton as the lead who goes to college for the first time. It's an after school special about the consequences of drinking. SP was in the movie Aquamarine and an episode of Cribs. This TV movie came out in 2007.

I did like Nancy Travis who played the mom. I recognized Alexia Fast as the little sister in this movie and on the short-lived show Kaya. (Cory Monteith was on that show before Glee.)

The only good thing about this movie is that I learned how to write. When the protagonist's best friend dies at the end of the movie, I didn't feel sad. The best friend was 2-dimensional, and I didn't feel the closeness or realness of this friendship. That made me think of the good TV movie Confessions of a Go-Go Girl. It's similar with the lead being a good girl, and the friend being the bad girl. Except in that movie, I felt sad when the friend died. I then thought about the relationships between my characters in my writing. Does it seem real?

I felt Party was a string of scenes, and not really a movie. The lead writes in her online diary about why she drinks to fit in, and feel good about herself. The consequences are that she sleeps with a guy, and she doesn't even know his name, she misses classes, doesn't make it on the track team, ends up on a Girls Gone Wild video that's on the internet.

I saw the Tyra show, with the guy who makes those videos. There is a contract that you can sign that says you don't want to be on that video. The lead does get close to this guy, and towards the end of the movie he talked about how his drinking led to him losing his job, scholarship, and girlfriend.

Job search: I went to Kijiji and it lead me to Edward Jones to be a financial advisor. It took me a long time to set up a profile and account on it. Well at least it was a little fun by filling out the questionnaire. It asked questions like how much agree with these words that describe you.

Restaurants: Did you know that Booster Juice was founded in Sherwood Park in 1999? I was on Wikipedia. Taste of Mediterranean took over this empty space in City Centre. I then looked in my 2008 brochure to see what it replaced. There used to be Mr. Submarine there. There's a Mr. Sub in the other food court.

Mr. Submarine was what called before the 1990s and then it changed to Mr. Sub. It's also Canadian.

May 25 Crazy day: I wake up and I look at the clock and it's 6:24am, and I'm supposed to leave at 6:25 am to catch the bus! I did set the alarm and then I checked it after work, and it worked. I don't fall asleep until the early hours of the morning, and for the past two days I was trying to get my internal clock back to waking up at 9am. I guess I was on edge and couldn't fall asleep.

Fortunately, I was wearing my black pants and had made a cup of coffee so I can drink it when I wake up. I changed my shirt and got to the bus stop.

That reminds me of some jokes. The Simpsons had Marge wake up.

Marge: We're going to be late for church. Fortunately, I slept in my church clothes when I went to bed.
She comes out fully dressed from under the covers.

Years prior to the show, it reminded me of the teen sitcom Hang Time. There was a promo for it where the alarm clock rings, and this guy comes out from under the covers in suit, and gets breakfast and his breakfast, and goes out the door.

New job: I like my new job making smoothies. I wanted to work from 10am-6:30pm so I asked my manager. She said yes. This place is like the Soup place. Same hours, mainly women working, downtown, same pay.

Job talk: After work, my dad gave me some job talk again. He said I probably won't last until next week because 3 other people got hired with me. They're probably going to cut out someone. I wasn't totally brought down, but it did make me more alert of the opportunities out there.

Dad: I don't think there's anything else I can do for you.
Me: Well you did a lot already by getting me to graduate out of high school with mostly average classes. Paying for my math tutors so I can pass math. Then you did pay for my college education.

May 26 Jokes: I was watching South Park, and the Jonas Brothers confront their boss Mickey Mouse. MM doesn't like what he's hearing so he starts beating up one of the brothers. It was funny and weird.

I was watching The Vampire Diaries. Damon thinks that Elena's uncle John is really her father.

Damon: It's between John, Elena, and Maury Povich.
That's a shout out to Maury's paternity tests.

Facebook: Betty White was on Saturday Night Live and she was talking about how a Facebook group got her on this show.

BW: I didn't know what Facebook was, but now that I do, I think it's a really big waste of time. The audience laughs.
BW: Back in my day we had a phone book, but I didn't spend all afternoon on it.

No comments: