Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thief/ Hitman/ safety tips

Apr. 24 Thief: This is from awhile back, I said: "I read in The Globe and Mail that stealing art is not profitable. You can only make 10% tops off stolen goods. This is research for my script."

My friend Sherry says: "dunno, 10% of $2,000,000 still sounds like a lot of money, and if you do 3 of those a year you just cleared $600k tax free ;P."

Apr. 25: The above made me think of the movie Dracula 2000. It started off with a heist, and then it turned into a horror movie. I remember it was back in summer 2002. My friend Leslie and I rented that movie. I wanted to see it because one my favorite singers Vitamin C was in it. She went by her real name Colleen Fitzpatrick in the credits.

Hitman: Last night I saw the movie Hitman with Patrick. It was on TV, and it's based on a video game. I missed the first 2 min. and P says: "It's like Dark Angel with the head shaving." They're both similar with the training kids at a young age to be killers. I really liked this movie. Great action sequences.

It stars Timothy Olyphant as Agent 47. This character is so bad ass and tough. It's kind of like The Bourne Identity where it's one man vs. everybody else. Jason Bourne though is more human. This movie also kind of reminds me of Transporter 3 where the lead character has to be paired up with taking care of a party girl.

Dougray Scott is in it as the Interpol agent trying to catch Agent 47. That's kind of like Catch Me if You Can. That guy looked so familiar, I looked him up and he played Susan's boyfriend Ian on Desperate Housewives season 2. He was also on the short-lived show Heist. Olga Kurylenko is in at the Russian president's mistress. She is also the Bond girl on Quantum of Solace.

This movie had great fight scenes that impressed me. I kind of found the story a little hard to follow and had to have Patrick explain it to me. It was a little funny at times like when they made a reference to the video game, when they showed two people playing it.

Lee Ryan: He's my favorite member from the British boy band Blue. I got to meet him, and hug him back in 2002 when they came to West Ed mall. I was checking him out yesterday and it turns out he has a kid named Rayn Lee Amethyst. I was kind of eh with the name. It's kind of like Lee Ryan's name, but jumbled. He is dyslexic. I didn't find it very creative because it's kind of like naming someone your name, but with jr. at the end. The Amethyst seems like an add on.

Lee: It's an anagram of Ryan.
Then I thought: "Is it a boy or a girl?"
It's a boy. Then he said if they ever have a girl, he would name her: "Rose Quartz." Eh, I guess she could go by Rose. Look, the point is, you will call him Rayn, and not his full name all the time.

Good: Today I went to my online dating site. I looked at my notebook and saw that I haven't been there in 3 months. I've been busy with work and my job search. The good thing I did today is that I reported on a user. His profile didn't say much, but he was using the picture of the actor Daren Kagasoff from Secret Life of the American Teenager as himself.

This guy is fake. So I reported him. I guess there is something good about me watching this crappy TV show besides reading funny comments about it on twop.com. I told you I have a good eye for recognizing actors and faces.

Apr. 26: Here's another good thing. I called to see if I got EI, and I will be getting $145 tomorrow. That reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Marge becomes a real estate agent. She goes to this place to get a check.

Marge: What? I got $500 for doing nothing?
George Bush: It gets easier every week.
lol. As usual, Patrick has to add: "Presidents get $100,000 pension every year."

Well it's good to get money for looking for a job. Also I did earn that money on my own.

Banks: Today I set up a profile on National Bank of Canada. There weren't any jobs there for me. I went to Bank of Canada website, but all the jobs were on Ottawa. Also if you want to apply to there, you have to set up an account on Workopolis. I did apply to an HSBC position.

Charity: I'm going a different route in my job search. I applied to work for a charity.

Apr. 27 Competition: I'm trying to stop writing about my job search, but I can't. Today I went to a job interview at a store. There are 2 other people up for it. I don't think I really want it.

I was talking to my friend Jessica on the phone last week, and she said there are more people more qualified than me. I know. Now that my little brother graduated out of university, I feel this pressure. He's looking for a career now. Now I'm living with the competition.

I remember this time back in 2006, I bumped into my friend Michelle in downtown. She said she has friends who graduated out of university and are looking for career. They're working at Shoppers Drug Mart. I told her about my sister who managed to get a career within 6 months of looking for one after graduating. Well my sister is a self- starter.

The odds: I was watching Tyra and it was about the odds on fulfilling your dreams. My goal is to get an office job. The odds are medium. I do have a college diploma, and the drive to achieve this goal. The odds against me is we're still recovering from the recession, and there is a lot of competition like people with an administrative assistant diploma.

On the show, there is a 41 yr old woman who wants to be a model. Tyra gave her professional opinion and said she has talent. There is a guy Andrew Trees who is an author about the odds. He says like 1 in a million.

They talked to this black guy who wants to a professional football player. It's a 1 in 20,000 chance he will make it. The career lasts 3-5yrs so it's not long term. The guy said: "I proved half the people wrong that I won't play in college football, and I did. Now I have to prove the other half that I can play professional football." The audience cheers.

They talked to this black woman who spends $30,000 a year on lottery tickets. Tyra says you could have bought a house by then. She did win $1200 from two tickets and gave it to her daughter to get out of debt. She doesn't spend money on clothes and makeup because that's not going to get her rich. Andrew Trees says it's like 1 in million that she will win the lottery.

Safety tips: Did you know there is a 1 in 20 chance that you will be a victim of a violent crime? They had this guy on the show. I've seen him before on a Discovery Channel about what to do in dangerous situations. Patrick was watching it.

If someone points a gun at you and demands money, you give it to them.
You should say: "Okay, my name is______ and I have $40 and I will give it to you."
You give your name to humanize yourself and to calm the person down. You should hand it to them. If not, toss it to the ground, and run out of there as fast as you can.

If you have to fight, take off your belt and use it. Take off your heels and hit him on the head with it. You should run, and get rid of bright color clothes as a way to camouflage yourself.

Another 48 hrs: I saw the first movie a few months back, and I mentioned it saying I didn't like it. It was in the 80s and I was distracted by the lack of technology. Then I stayed home on a Saturday night, and this was the only thing that was good on. I've actually seen bits and pieces of it sometime in the 90s when I was a kid. I remember it because there was a Chinese couple speaking Chinese. Of course, I'm going to remember that.

Then besides the lack of technology in this movie, I saw a corpse. It didn't look like one, because the body wasn't pale. I watch a lot of crime shows, and the body is always pale. It was an eh movie. Mediocre. Watch it if you're bored. There are a few surprises, some action.

No comments: