Thursday, April 15, 2010

news/ filter/ safety tips

Apr. 11 News: Remember that time I was talking about the TV show Death comes to Town? My friend Maygen emailed me this:

Hey,I was just reading your weekly email about cars with breathalysers and how you thought they should really have them. They really do exist.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/car-breathalyzer.html

It's for people with DUI offenses, often as part of the punishment and as a way to prevent future DUI occurrences.

Just thought you might want to know!

Job search: I called up that restaurant I did an interview with a few days ago. She says she will give me a callback if I got hired or not by tomorrow before noon.

I then did a mild job search today by looking at the Job Classifieds. I then emailed some friends on Facebook to see if they know if anyone's hiring. For the past couple of days I've been at www.edmontonjournal.com/jobs because I was reading the Journal.

I applied to work at Urban Fare, which is part of Save on Foods. I then went online, and it turns out I have already set up a profile there. I applied to SoF back in January, according to my records. I then had to write down my login information.

Apr.12 EI: Today I went to Service Canada and applied for employment insurance. I went there and got on the computer and spent a good hour filling out the application. It's pretty easy. If you have questions on applying, you can ask the people who work there.

Dark joke: I'm going to stop saying: "I'm going to make one more abortion joke." I've said that twice before, but I was watching MadTV, and I realized that I will never stop. It's a rerun, but I've never seen it before. Cut to Nicole Parker and her daughter doing homework in the kitchen.

NP: They say children are a blessing. Sometimes I wish I could drive this blessing to the outskirts of town. Drive home and call the police and tell them a black man kidnapped my child.Then they advertised the RU486 pill.

NP: Ask your doctor about it.

Me: That would never happen in real life. No one is ever going to advertise the abortion pill on TV. You can hardly show anyone getting an abortion on a fictional TV show like 90210, Secret Life of the American Teenager, or Accidentally on Purpose.

Names: I was listening to 91.7 The Bounce radio station and I heard a girl named Twila won a prize. My friend Ray has a friend named Twila. I thought that was kind of a weird name. It's sounds like twilight.

Rant: Here's a mild rant. There's this song called "Everybody Doesn't" by Amanda that came out in 2001. I have the single. There's a site that advertised on the cd called www.everybodydoesnt.com and the site doesn't work. Well what were you expecting? Of course not because it was a long time ago.

Apr. 13 Poutine review: Did you know that A&W sells poutines? I didn't know that until a month ago. A large poutine is $3.87 there which is better than KFC which is $5. At Wally's in Capilano mall it sells for $3.50 for the same size.

Banks: I set up a profile at Manulife Financial and applied at one position. I went through the phone book and looked up Citi Financial on the internet. There weren't any careers there. I went to CIT Financial and there weren't any jobs in Alberta.

Good news: A bank called me, and I did this big questionnaire online for them. It took almost an hour. I did have to think of the answers carefully. I got a call from a restaurant I did an interview with, and I didn't get hired. Then I went to downtown, and passed out 5 resumes to restaurants and cafes. I then got hired at a restaurant. It starts at 8am.

I mentioned before, I hated waking up at 6am to work from 7am-3pm at Winners because I only drank one cup of coffee and was so tired. I quit after 3 days. However, in the same summer, I worked at Treats, and I did do some morning shifts at 8am which was fine, because I got free coffee. This happened in 2007. Then I got a job at a restaurant two weeks ago and worked for a day. They then fired me, but at least I got paid $40 in cash. I did dread waking up at 6:30am to get to work at 7:30am.

Filter: I read an article about the character Sue Sylvester on Glee, and how she doesn't have a filter. She just says what's on her mind. It made me realize we all have filters, but we have laughter. You can try to hold back your laughter, but that part of you, you can't always filter it.

Apr. 14 Flashback: I remember this time back in 2002, I was on this Edmonton based website www.youthone.com and where teenagers write and talk about stuff on the forum. One person wrote for the quote of the week: "Convince a substitute teacher that you have terret's syndrome." I thought it was funny, I tell it to my sister and she didn't find it funny.

South Park: I was thinking of this because I was watching South Park the other day. Cartman learns about Tourette's syndrome, and he fakes it so he can swear all that he wants. Kyle is onto him. The show does a little educating by saying it's a neurological disorder and how people have ticks.

I think I knew about this order when I was in high school. I've seen a lot of TV shows discuss it like Dr Phil, and 20/20. Then Cartman starts blurting everything out and realizes that he can't control what he says anymore. He doesn't have a filter. Then there is a Dateline: To Catch a Predator parody where Chris Hansen starts doing a piece on Cartman living with Tourette's. SP is a show with a lot of hit and miss for me. It was funny to see CH say: "Have a seat. What are you doing here?" That is what he always says on the show.

Then it hit a really low point when he mentioned about how a guy didn't come on the show, and then shot himself when they came to him. It's a joke, but they're making fun of something that really did occur. That's why Dateline stopped doing "To Catch a Predator."

All's well that ends well when Kyle and Butters pretends to be a kid and catches sexual predators. They lead them all to the TV studio so Cartman won't go on TV. All the predators come and see CH, and they shoot themselves in the head.

Cute and funny: I was looking for a job in hotels, and it lead me to www.bestofbanff.com about hotels in Banff. It's kind of funny to see a big brown bear mascot wearing shorts and a t-shirt hanging out at the hotel. He's receiving a massage, and he is drinking at the bar.

Apr.15 Safety tips: I was watching Oprah and it was about safety tips for women. It's about abusive relationships. If you're going out with a guy, and he accelerates the relationship, he's trying to control you. Like he's talking about marriage after a few months.

The questions are: "Does he hit you?" Most women would say no, but after some more questions, they will say: "But he has pushed me." That's a red flag. They repeated this saying: "If a man says no, people stop asking him. If a woman says no, that's where the negotiation starts." You have to be firm.

The important thing is about intuition. If you have a funny or bad feeling, you're probably right. Go with your instinct. That's why there's the phrase "woman's intuition."

Another saying was: "You get hit once, you're a victim. You get hit twice, you're a volunteer."Go to a women's shelter or go to www.thehotline.org for help. You may think: "He will kill me if I leave him. But I will die a little inside everyday."

No comments: