Friday, March 26, 2010

joke/ The Hitchhiker/ entrapment

Mar. 23 Jokes: Somebody dropped this clip from a folder at the Soup place. It said "Bank of Dad." lol. That's like "Mom's Taxi" as a license plate.

I found a sticky note pad from TD. It says: "Thanks for sticking with us!"

Funny commercial: Cut to some guys eating a burger at Burger King. It looks like an amateur video. Then these camera crew appears, and this guy who was wearing leaves pops out from the plants.

Camera guy: You're eating a burger from Burger King!
Guy: Yeah, I know. I'm at Burger King.
Then I realized that they're dissing those Pizza Hut commercials. They showed "real people" and it looks like an amateur video/ hidden camera show. I like this BK commercial.

Thief: I read in The Globe and Mail that stealing art is not profitable. You can only make 10% tops off stolen goods. This is research for my script.

Writing: Oh my God, that Writer in Residence Chris Craddock from the library read my Fighter script and made comments about it. He did diss it, which is okay, and even expected. You're always going to get criticized and it was constructive.The highlight was that he liked my one joke in it. This one:

Shawn: I haven't been stealing cars. I don't even play Grand Theft Auto.

Last time when he read Rain, he said some jokes were funny, but at the same time it kind of missed the mark. He did talk about how one line doesn't really close a scene. Remember that time I was talking about CSI: NY putting too much emphasis on a line to close every scene?

Dialogue: I was thinking about how characters burst some piece of dialogue out when they're angry. They tell the truth when they're pushed. Like that time when Marco comes out to his friend Spinner, by telling the truth that he's gay on Degrassi. It's like that in real life.

Kind of like that time back in 2007 when I was looking for my missing boyfriend. I asked Patrick what's the closest police station there is. He tells me, but he also asks why. I didn't tell him why.

P: Do you know what I hate about this family? Is that we don't talk to each other.
Me: So I can report John missing.
It came out in a burst, and P was shocked. Well I found him, so everything's good.

Mar. 24 Job: I'm making a conscious effort to not write about my job search. I think I write about it too much. I will mention one thing about my job. At work yesterday:

Me: I don't want to put too many cans out in the fridge, because if they don't sell, I'm going to have to put it away. We have like a week and a half.
Lisa: Actually, we have one week of work starting tomorrow.

The Hitchhiker: I remember reading this script back in gr. 8 Language Arts class. It was like a Twilight Zone script. I'll spoil it for you. This guy is driving, and he always sees this hitchhiker on the the highway. It was creepy because he started appearing when he was driving on the bridge. Then it turns out the hitchhiker was the driver. The driver drove over the bridge and killed himself. He was dead. Then there was the movie The Sixth Sense. It came out in 1999. If you haven't seen it. Skip to the next paragraph so you won't be spoiled. Bruce Willis's character is dead.

Then in 2001, I was watching this indie film on the internet. They did a parody called The Sick Sense. It's where Bruce Willis's character from The Sixth Sense and Robin William's character from Patch Adams teams up together.

Patch Adams: I see sick people.Then it turns out BW's character was sick. It looked like he was drinking alcohol in one scene. At the end, they did a flashback and it turns out he was drinking cough syrup.

Reuse Centre: I don't know if any of you guys have been to the Reuse Centre in downtown. They sell books and you can get a whole basket full of stuff if you pay the flat fee of $4. There are lots of stuff like construction paper, pens, markers, birthday cards, and lots of crafts if you're into that kind of stuff.

Bus joke: The bus driver said this today: "We're here at the library so you can read my lips."

Entrapment: Today was my day off so I passed out some resumes, shoveled snow, and I learned what the word "entrapment" meant. Today I called Chris Craddock and we talked about The Fighter script and he said there was entrapment in it, and it was illegal. I went on dictionary.com and it said this: "The luring of a law-enforcement agent of a person into committing a crime."

Chris: It's like when a cop goes up to a prostitute. He doesn't ask her for sex. She has to offer it first, and gives a price. He observes it, but he can't initiate it.
Me: Oh yeah, that reminds me of the TV show Cops. A cop drives up to a prostitute and asks "Do you want a ride?" She gets in, and then she starts offering the price.

We discussed the script for a good 30 min. Then at dinner time, I said: "Did you know that entrapment is illegal?" My sister rolls her eyes and talks about Mayerthorpe. In the Edmonton Journal last year, there was this big article about how they got Dennis Cheeseman to confess and commit crime.

S: The police say it wasn't entrapment, but from the article it sounded like it was.

I remember writing about that article in my weekly email/ blog. I said: "If that female cop did more, it would be way sexier of a story."

Mar. 25 Psychic: I woke up this morning thinking about how the psychics told me I was to get an office job in Feb. or Mar. 2010. I have one more week until March ends and then the chance to get an office job will probably expire.

News: This was quite awhile ago, but I read in the Journal that the Winspear won't be holding MMA tournaments.

Counter argument: Awhile back I laughed at the Broadview Security commercials SNL parody: "Are you a single woman who lives in a 5 bedroom home?" Then I thought about Desperate Housewives like Edie, Katherine, and Susan each do. That's fictional though. Well they were married, then divorced, then their kids moved out, so that's why they live alone. It's realistic.

Then there was the Criminal Minds episode "Slave of Duty" where a successful woman lives in a big home because she can afford it. Then there was an episode of Dexter where a woman lives in a house by herself, because she doesn't like living in apartments where you can hear other tenants, and they can hear you. But so do my grandparents. The two of them live in a 5 bedroom home. So that's my counter argument.

Mar. 26 Underpaid jobs: I was on Yahoo and it listed underpaid jobs, like some I know about. It's about underpaid celebrities. Did you know that entry- level news anchors get paid $27,000/ yr? Local and state politicians like in Mississippi, state legislators make $10,000/yr. Small town mayors make even less.

A stand-up comic makes $50 for two 20-min sets. Some don't get paid at all for open mike nights. I know that job doesn't pay well, unless you become famous like on TV. Same goes with chefs. They get paid $13/hr according to the article. I know that by reading the Help Wanted ads in the classifieds section of the newspaper.

Minor League athletes don't get paid well, and have a second job in the off season. Authors don't either unless you hit the big time like J. K. Rowling. Comic book and video game artists and animators get paid $41, 500/yr after a few years. I still think it's a cool job to be creative in.

No comments: