Thursday, March 11, 2010

Giles Panton/ Academy Awards/ funny commercial

Mar. 7 Giles Panton: I went on Facebook and saw that the actor Giles Panton (Joe from Flash Gordon) was online. I'm trying to get him in my script. At 10:35pm, I started an online chat with him:

Me: hey have you read The Fighter changes yet?
Giles: no ma'am
Me: ok
Giles: gotta get up early. on set for v tom. have a good night hun.
Me: busy with your play?
Giles: just finished the play. now on to more tv. sleep well.

Oh my God, I can't believe I'm like talking to him. Now I understand what he meant. He's on the sci-fi TV show V. He was on one episode last season. He told all his friends on Facebook to watch him on that ep, and I did. It's good that he's going to be on more episodes and getting more work.

He was advertising his play on Facebook for a month or so.

I found his myspace page: www.myspace.com/gilespanton

Academy Awards: I found it inspiring to watch this award show. I really liked watching the hip-hop dancing to this classical music. This man won the music editing and he told people to be creative, it's not a waste of time, and to just do it. I needed to hear those words to write.

Mar. 8: I read the Metro and it's Michael Giacchino who said the above. He won the Original Score to the movie Up.

I can imagine if Giles Panton was on my project. We would be IMing like this:

G: I'm going to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow on The Fighter set.
Me: See you.
lol.

Job: I know I'm not really getting any shifts at the call centre because I haven't been giving them my availability. Though when I did give them my availability last month, I still didn't get any shifts. That's okay, because this month I'm really busy at the Soup place.

Mar. 9 Actors: I was checking out Melrose Place, and I saw Edmonton actor Niall Matter. I first saw him on The Best Years, and Fear Itself. It's great that this actor is getting more work, and on a big TV show like Melrose Place. He plays a bad guy where he drugs Lauren.

Mar. 10: I'm going to admit it. I have been working full 8 hour work days for the past two days. After that, I come home and watch 3 hours of TV. I feel kind of guilty like maybe I should be writing and looking for a job.

Yesterday, I did email the producer John Kerr and updated him on my writing.

Saying: Yeah well, I was watching Melrose Place yesterday, and this line jumped out at me: "You can be a chef anywhere." It's where a character is encouraging another character to move. I can be a writer anywhere. I can pull out a pen and paper anywhere and write. However, I should be moving to Vancouver and Toronto.

Jokes: I was watching TV with TV's Jonathan Torrens.

JT: Taboo from the Black Eyed Peas says that: "Mario Lopez is the Mexican Ryan Seacrest." I laughed so hard, a part of me died."

At the beginning of his show, there is always a joke newspaper headline. One said: "Psychic event didn't go as predicted." lol.

Now it made me think of The Simpsons where Marge calls a radio station to talk to a psychic.

Psychic: You'll die a horrible, horrible death.
Marge gasps.
Psychic: I'm sorry, that was for my last caller. You'll die a horrible, horrible death.
Marge: But you-
DJ: Do you have a song request?
Homer: "It's raining men!"

Funny news: I was watching TV and the news said that a stolen car hits a police car. These jokes write themselves.

CSI: NY game: I was playing that game by myself again. I saw Ashlee Simpson- Wentz and her husband Pete Wentz guest- star on this show. I'll add that with the music artists, Nelly, Nelly Furtado, Alex Band (from the band The Calling) guest- starring.

Lesson: I was thinking about that time I was working at Urban Planet. I learned my lesson. Don't go for another job, go for another career. It made me think about that Buffy episode where she works at the fast food restaurant the Double Meat Palace. I remember reading a review on the internet.

Buffy runs off in the middle of her shift to help Riley. The next episode, she's back at work though she had left in the middle of her shift. It made me think that this is a garbage job. Unless you want to wank it in your mind that there aren't a lot of people working there, and that's why they didn't fire her. Or that Buffy apologized and the manager gave her a second chance.

Call centre: I'm trying to get some inspiration. I had bumped into my old high school friend Kayle on the bus. He said he works at TD call centre where people call him to put orders on stocks. It pays like $19/hr. He told me he has worked at banks before.

Funny commercial: I was watching this "Eat Cheese" commercial about this couple who's looking for the perfect place to live. That reminds me of this commercial years ago for "Eat Cheese." There is a crime scene. This CSI guy takes pictures of the kitchen. He takes pics of this plate of cheese.

Then he starts eating the cheese. Then he takes some more pics.
CSI guy: Do you have anything?
Cop: Yeah, we got a camera that caught everything.
CSI guy realizes that the camera caught him eating the cheese and messing with a crime scene. lol.

If I remember correctly, I think CSI guy had curly hair and was in his mid- to-late twenties.

Mar. 11: I saw the garden gnome commercial watching TV. It's advertising for the travel agency Travelocity.

Less than Kind: I liked this TV show. It was on CityTV and it's funny. It's about a 13 year old boy Sheldon who lives with his parents and his older brother in Winnipeg. It got canceled, but I read it's going to be picked up by HBO Canada.

I remember watching it, and my sister overheard this line.
Sheldon was arguing with his brother.
S: I can lose weight, you can't gain talent.
Sister: Oh!

Reviews: I was watching the TV show Blue Mountain State. It's about college guys on a football team in a Mid- western college. It has crude humor like American Pie. It stars Sam Jones III, or Pete from Smallville from the first 3 seasons of that show. It's a little funny, but it's really aimed at guys. It airs on Spike channel.

I checked out the show Modern Family. It's about three families. It's a comedy without a laugh track. It's kind of funny. It's average, kind of like the comedy Community.

1 comment:

Fort Lauderdale Airport Transportation said...

This informative post has the potent to give precise info about the Giles Panton/ Academy Awards/ funny commercial that have positive effect on the field of various travel and transportation services also. We also provide an extra ordinary Ft. Lauderdale Airport Transportation and Fort Lauderdale Airport Transportation and many more from Home to Airport and vice versa to make your experience as easy as possible in USA.