Monday, February 22, 2010

Never Back Down/ Get happy/ funny

Feb. 17 Never Back Down: I found this video of the final fight scene in the movie Never Back Down. It's a really good fight scene. I really like the song that they played. It's Soulja Boy's "Crank That" (Travis Barker remix). The song is a rap, but with the rock band background to it, it sounds really good. It gets me amped up.

I never really liked the song, but the remix makes me like it. In the 3:57 part, you can see a shot of Tilky Jones who used to be in the boy band Take 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMotb5cBhx8

Rain: I was thinking about my script. What do I like about it? The character's names. A few funny things here and there.

Job search: I got a call from Direct Energy about being a door-to- door sales person.

Woman: You will get paid $21,000/yr. There's commission and you can make up to $60,000/yr.
($21,000 doesn't sound that good. I doubt I can sell to the point I make $60,000. I'm not putting obstacles in front of myself, but I do know myself. I've worked in retail and I'm not that amazing at it.)

Me: You do need your own car right?
Woman: Yes, that would be good.
Me: Well I don't have.
Then we hung up.

Feb. 18:

1. I applied to the Sutton Place Hotel online.
2. I applied to Fantasyland Hotel at West Ed online.
3. I applied to Sutton Place Hotel in person.
4. I applied to YMCA online.
5. I set up a profile on Monster.ca.

I was going through all the places I applied. I did apply to Hotel McDonald, but as a server, not an administrative assistant position. As my dad has coined the term "garbage job" like a server. You throw the job away, you can easily get another one. It's not like a bank job where it's hard to get. Well working at Hotel McDonald is a respectable place to work at. I could possibly work up the ranks anyway from server to administrative assistant in a hotel.

Wages: I've been going through the Classifieds, and I see a lot of repetition. Tim Horton's and Mcdonald's have food counter attendants at $10.59/hr starting wage which is good. The min. wage is $8.80/hr. I'm sure you have read in the paper that there is min. wage freeze so small restaurants won't lay off people when they have to start paying higher wages.

Feb.19 Date: I just emailed the guy that I went out with that I'm not a good match for him. He was talking about wanting to get married, having kids, and having a home. I told him that I don't really want to get married, and certainly not have kids. It's a lot of responsibility and I threw in the line with Homer Simpson.

Homer: That's the thing with being a dad. Long hours and no pay.

I wished him luck and told him I wasn't the type of girl for him. I'm not putting obstacles in front of myself. I gave him a shot with the date. I got to know him better, and he wasn't my type. We were both looking for long term relationships, but he seems so set on having kids. We were only emailing each other for about a week before we met up. When you do online dating, if you feel a connection, meet up with this person pretty soon. There's a difference between email and meeting in person.

It's been hours since I wrote the above. He wrote back saying he agreed, and wished me luck too.

Feelings: I'm going to get some Paxil next week. It's an anti-depressant. I'm doing all the things to make me happy, and not doing things that get me angry. I'm doing the personal things to improve my happiness like reconnecting with my old friend Real. I'm also doing my job search. However, after I pass out some resumes, I always end up feeling drained.

It's a productive and active thing to pass out my resumes, but I guess I feel drained because I'm not seeing any results.

Writer's block: While I'm at, I might as well throw in the fact that I watch so many good TV shows, and yet can't think up of a story right now. Or at least on how to write an ending for Rain. This is a mild rant.

Joke: My friend Sherry made a joke about my "Happy Love Day!" (Marge Simpson.) Sherry says: "Happy Heart Day!" I have never heard of that before, even though that was as obvious as saying love.

Feb. 20 Get happy: I read in the Journal that happier people are less likely to get heart disease. That's because they relax more and don't get their blood pressure raised.

Funny: I was thinking about the past and I thought about this joke back when I was in gr.10, and my sister was in gr.12. We were walking to school.

S: If you don't go to college, you might as well be working at retail for the rest of your life.
Me: Fine, then I'll just go work at a tire store then.
S laughs, but she turns away to hide it. Then she regains her composure.
S: Look, the point is to get more than just a job, but a career.

I think I'll use that in my Fighter script. I can't totally take credit for it. It was kind of from Angel season 2 where Wesley pretends to be Angel and protects a woman.

Woman: Or I could run away and work at a tire store.
Woman and Wesley kind of laugh at it.

The other memorable part of that episode was this:

Cordelia: I should have pretended to be Angel, because Angel is more of a girl's name anyway.
lol.

Pep talk: I told that tire store joke to Justin today and he laughed. Then he asked me about my job search.

Me: I set up a profile on Monster.ca.
J: That's kind of like a lottery if they choose you. I don't know how effective it is.

Me: They give you a list of job openings I had went to Monster.ca or Workopolis and I read about some graphic designer job at a bank. I then went to that bank site, and it said the same thing. I then went and emailed my resume there. I'm thinking I won't get the job, but don't put obstacles in front yourself. If they don't call me for an interview, then they're the ones putting an obstacle in front of me.

Robin Thicke: I was watching Robin Thicke's "Sex Therapy" live performance when he was on Conan O'Brien on Youtube. I found this funny comment below the video: "I don't think he's a registered therapist. Be careful you guys." lol.

Sayings: I remember this saying: "Success doesn't bring happiness. Happiness brings success." I think it was from Ghandi. I must stay positive.

I also saw some of Tiger Wood's apology on 20/20. He said: "Life's not about what you achieve, but what you overcome."

Motivation: I find it kind of interesting. It's good to talk about your goals, so you can stay focused. Talking to Justin made me focus more on the job search. Talking to that customer John about my script made me focus more on my writing.

Scrabble: I just played Scrabble with my sister for the past hour. She won best 2 out of 3 games. She also looked through my dvd collection. That's because she was bored so that's why she was looking for something to watch, and doing something that doesn't cost money.

It's good to do something totally different. I haven't played Scrabble in a couple of years. I used to play that game with S a lot when we were growing up. I was eight, and she was ten.

Feb. 21 Commercial: The commercial I like is funny. There is this garden gnome and he looks like he's sitting on a tropical island. Cut to the garden gnome sitting on the couch, and outside it's snowing.

Gnome: I have got to get out of here.
lol.
Maybe it's not that good of a commercial if I don't remember what they're selling. A travel agency maybe?

Song: I was going through my radio stations and the song "Do you think I'm sexy?" came on. I went on Youtube and looked it up. I have heard of the song, but I never knew who it was by. It's by Rod Stewart.

Paris Hilton did a cover of this song. I borrowed her cd from the library when it came out in 2006. I do like her song "Turn you on" because I can totally dance to it.

No comments: