Thursday, February 25, 2010

job search/ Lie to Me/ dentist

Feb. 22 Job search: I emailed my resume to be a pastry chef. I made a lot of muffins when I was working at Treats. I mentioned that in my email. I did look up Sara Consulting and Promotions. That company is 174st. so that's really far away.

Spec script: I was chatting on Facebook with Daniel Luu and he told me he went to the session where the Bones creator talked about getting his script produced. D gave me the notes, and I put it into a document. A spec script is when you write for an existing TV show.

Lie to Me: So here's my spec script for Lie to Me. You know how I had written about a girl who's in a religion that doesn't allow her to talk to boys? I wrote it for a Criminal Minds ep and Law and Order: SVU ep in an email.

For LtM, the episode will start off with the principal calling Dr. Lightman and his crew to solve a mystery. The teacher Miss Johnston has been beaten up and put in a coma so she can't tell who beat her up. The principal had looked at her notes and it says that she had told a gr. 9 class that there is a girl who is in a religion that doesn't allow her to talk to boys.

Lightman has to interview 30 students in that class to figure out who did it. The interviews consist of stuff like them asking Erin. She's the one who asked: "Can you tell me what her exact grade is? I promise I won't tell anyone." They think she did it because she asked that question and is really interested in trying to find the girl. However Lightman knows she didn't do it. He can tell that she's telling the truth.

They are able to figure something out with this guy Jeff. There are students who said the girl in a religion must be a freak and that Erin is stupid to be asking that question in front of the entire class. Dr. Gillian Foster picks up on something with Jeff. He doesn't say anything negative about the girls, but something negative about Miss. Johnston.

Jeff: I thought Miss. Johnston was stupid. She shouldn't have told the class there was a girl in this school. She should have said something about a girl in her neighborhood so no one is going to go on a witch hunt for her.

It turns out Jeff was the one who beat up Miss. Johnston. Jeff follows Miss. J to her car after school.

J: Now that no one's here, can you tell me what her exact grade is? I won't tell anyone.
Miss. J: No.
Cut to the interrogation room.
J: I completely lost it. I pushed her, and then she pushed back. Then I hit her, and then she fell. It was an accident.

CSI: NY: If I was to write it for CSI: NY, the episode would start off with Miss. Johnston being dead. Then the CSI team has to dust the car for finger prints, and finds some sort of strand of hair that didn't belong to her.

This show is really science- based, and I can't write for it as well as the other three TV shows I watched.

Inspired: I just got off the phone with the writer Chris Craddock. He's the one who read one of my Rain drafts, and he gave me some tips. I called him up because he said I could call him and discuss more in depth about it. C says he likes Rain's friend Eddie because he's "funny, nice, and sympathetic to him."

You know that IM chat I had with that guy who was asking me sexual questions? I ended up putting that in my Rain script.

Me: It was an IM chat, but I turned it into in person so you can see people's faces and hear the voices to make it more funny.
C: So that explains how they were talking.

C did say it was kind of funny. He is also another person to say my dialogue seems stiff and stilted.

Feb. 23 Job update: I got rejected for the pastry chef position because they wanted someone with more experience. I put a good hour on the internet looking for a job.

1. I updated my profile on Monster.ca by adding more skills.
2. I also set up a profile on Workopolis. Prior to it, I was just browsing on that site.
3. I emailed my resume to work at a hotel.
4. I emailed my resume to work as a customer service representative at a food industry place from Workopolis.

No comments: