Thursday, January 28, 2010

Matthew Gray Gubler/ reflecting/ mob news

Jan. 25 Matthew Gray Gubler: He's an actor on Criminal Minds. He plays the young geeky Dr. Spencer Reid. I emailed him before back in 2005, and he emailed me back the same night. I then wrote about it in my portfolio piece to get into Professional Writing at college. I then got into college, and emailed MGG about it. He emailed me back congratulating me.

Now I decided to email him to tell him that I graduated out of college. I told him that I'm trying to get into TV writing and maybe write a role for him. lol. I even mentioned that I don't find his show repetitive, but CSI: NY to be.

Giles Panton: Today I emailed this actor on Facebook. I'm trying to get him in my movie. I haven't heard from him since October. He emails me right back saying he's interested in reading my new draft of The Fighter. I sent it to him with the document that listed all the changes.

I told him that it's interesting that he wants to read it. The producer John Kerr hasn't read it yet. I told GP I got the Flash Gordon dvds (he's on the show) and he tells me that he didn't even know it was out on dvd. lol.

Oh my God, I just saved the above paragraph, and he emails me back saying he'll give it a read. lol.

Jan. 26 Kit Cope: He's an MMA fighter and he has agreed to be in my movie back in June 2009. I emailed him today telling him that I have had many rewrites since the last time I contacted him. I asked if he wanted to read the new draft and he said: "Of course" so I sent it to him. He had read draft 6, so I sent him draft 9.

Joke: I have used the same joke on producer John, Giles Panton, and Kit Cope in the emails: "You don't call. You don't write. I was beginning to think you were seeing other writers." It's from CSI: NY.

Feelings: I've been feeling depressed. After I emailed GP and KC with my new draft of The Fighter, I feel this spark light up. There's this fire inside of me now. I have the fight in me.

Job: I was talking to my friend Sherry on IM. I told her I only worked at the call centre for 3 shifts this month. I hope it closes down, and S says the same thing. lol.

Jan. 27: It's been good this week. I worked full-time hours at the restaurant.

TV and Reality: In writing for TV, you have to put obstacles in front of your characters and you can't have the characters reveal all this information from the get go.

In reality, you don't put obstacles in front yourself and you can reveal all this information from the get go.

News: I read that CityTV is laying off a lot of people. Looks like I can't apply there.

Quote: I read John Mayer say: "So I'm going backwards to move forward." That could be used for my writing. Technically it was used for my job search(es).

There's a headline that says: "Easy to Control your future." (Underneath it said "obstacles such as job loss, economic downturn can be overcome with a plan.)

Teen Mom: I read in 24 that the Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham accused her mom Debra Danielson of choking and hitting her. I have seen 16 and Pregnant, and Debra did hit Farrah in the car. On Teen Mom, they show them not getting along, but then sometimes they do.

Weird news: I read in 24 that a 20 yr old woman Kati Moore sued Starbucks because her 24 yr old supervisor Tim Horton made "sex demands." Yeah, you read that right Tim Horton. The jokes write themselves.

This is serious though. Horton pleaded guilty to charges of illegal sex with a minor and spend 4 months in prison.

Fate and destiny: Do you believe in fate and destiny? There's the saying: "Everything happens for a reason."

Jan. 28 Reflecting: I've been reflecting on the past. I see how truly lucky I am that I have parents who can make money and get me to my math tutors. It's also good to have an overachiever sister to take her time out to help me in school. I can graduate out of high school by doing grade level classes and not just the bare minimum like Math 24 and Science 24.

I knew I couldn't get into college if I took those classes. However, I still managed to get into Professional Writing with mature student status because they only look at your Eng. 30 mark. Everything does happen for a reason. I am supposed to struggle a lot in school so then I would learn that hard work does pay off and appreciate success.

I learned the hard way. I also learned that the truth sets you free. It's a good thing my family did find out that I was struggling in school and helped me. They also learned that I have been struggling emotionally and mentally by being the only one in the family who isn't an overachiever.

If they weren't there, I guess I would have dropped out. By having their support, financial help in tutors, their time, I was able to graduate out of high school. I was able to gain self-esteem and confidence in myself. Even after I graduated out of high school, I struggled. It was hard to get into college, but I got into NAIT. It didn't work out because I wasn't good at graphic design. It was a disappointment. I learned not to give up. Just because you went into college, and it didn't go well, it didn't deter me. My parents paid for my college tuition, but I paid for my books.

Mob news: I read in the Globe and Mail that Italian organized crime is doing well. 75% of mafia profit is from selling drugs, specifically cocaine. That dirty money is funneled into the real economy.

Where the mob launders it's money:

22% construction
15% retail trade
13% tourism and restaurants
10.9% not identified
10% other services
9.2% gambling and betting
8.5% transportation
4.4% agriculture
3.8% real estate and financial services
3.4% funeral services

Does anyone think "not identified" and "other services" means prostitution? It made me think of the movie The Dark Knight. The first scene is about a mob bank. Maybe that's another service.

Sean Faris: I was watching The Vampire Diaries today and in the credits it said "With Sean Faris."

Me: Oh my God!

SF is the lead in the movie Never Back Down. I saw that movie and I liked it. He was in the TV show Life as we Know It in 2004. I saw some of it. That was short- lived just like the TV show he did in 2005 called Reunion. I never got to see that. He plays high school kids in all those roles. Well in NBD he's got some more range because he does MMA fighting here.

He seems to be a bartender who recently graduated out of high school on Vampire. Then it's revealed that he's a vampire. He played a soldier in Pearl Harbor. I saw some of that movie. I don't remember him. I just looked him up and he's in a movie called The King of Fighters which is based on the video game "King of Fighters" which I have never heard of.

I saw him on the cover of Men's Health magazine this month. He looks good.

Sean Maher: It was kind of weird. I was watching Human Target and I saw this dark hair guy and I knew his name was Sean Maher. I thought he was on The Mentalist where he was one of two nephews who were suspects in a murder case. I was half right. He was on the show, but he was in another episode. It's where he plays the mayor's assistant.

This is the guy from the old TV show Firefly and it's movie spin-off Serenity.

Motivation: I found motivation in the fact that if I am going to enter a screenwriting contest at Script Pimp, I would have to pay $45 to register. I entered into the Super Catalyst Emerging Screenwriter Award for free.

I can get Josh Miller to read my new script Rain for free as long as I complete it.

No comments: