Monday, January 4, 2010

joke/ inspired/ cool question

Jan. 2 Joke: I remember celebrating New Year's in Calgary back in 2003. I was listening to the radio and the DJ said: "Now that the holiday season is over, the family can now go back to hating each other." lol.

Also from listening to the Calgary radio, I heard a guy call in the station.

DJ: So how was your New Year's?
Guy: Bad. My girlfriend broke up with me.

News: I was reading in 24, did you know that divorces are high in Jan. and Feb.? In fact, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anistion divorced in Jan. 2005. It's because people want a fresh start. Oh yeah, I broke up with my boyfriend at the beginning of 2009. He broke up with me in beginning of 2008. I guess everything kind of balances out. lol.

16 and Pregnant: Now that the holiday season is over, I can go and talk about negative stuff. That's right, I've been holding it back because I didn't want to be a downer. I need to get it out. I was reading about 16 and Pregnant on twop.com and people were saying they were annoyed because they don't show abortion on this show. They discuss of course not, because the episode can't fill a hour. Not to mention the fact there are abortion fanatics out there. If they find out that you got an abortion, and figure out where you live, they'll harass you.

It also reminded me of the Cheaters episode where this woman finds out her boyfriend was cheating on her and she says: "I even got an abortion for you! I should have kept that f---ing baby!" Then I thought: "Will people harass her for it?" Maybe not because it's good that it's on TV. It's giving the message that abortion fanatics want to give: "If you get an abortion, you will regret it." The woman regrets it, so they shouldn't harass her.

Aftermath: World without Humans: I saw this documentary the other night. It was on before, but I missed it. It's good. What if humans suddenly disappeared off the earth? The earth would be cooler because humans emit body heat. Did you know that 100 million birds die a year because they hit the glass windows? At night, there are lights on in the office buildings, and birds get confused by the lights. They circle around the building for hours, and they die from exhaustion.

The pet dogs will become packs and then hunt down smaller animals like other dogs. It happened before in 2005 for Hurricane Katrina. Lots of people abandoned their pets.After 2000 years, everything will go back to normal before humans came. All the animals will repopulate. Forests will grow back.

Prediction: I'm going to make a prediction for 2010. I'm predicting Malatest will close down this year. Well Ipsos closed down in 2006, Leger did in 2008, and Convergys did too. I haven't been to the City Centre location in a long time. I went there in 2006, and tried to get a job there. They didn't hire me.

A year or two later, it was being renovated. I then went there last month, and where Convergys was, it's replaced by City of Edmonton office. I talked to Ray about it, and she said the location in Millwoods closed down too.

Scene: Onto lighter stuff, I saw 48hrs, and there was a scene that reminded me of my writing. Eddie Murphy is a black guy walking into a bar playing country music. Everybody is wearing cowboy hats, and he stands out. I have a scene where a character walks into a Goth bar, and he stands out. I'm kind of stuck on this scene.

Jan. 3 Inspired: Today I was watching Desperate Housewives and I was inspired. I know it's fictional, but they did this segment of what if Lynette's baby has physical disability. There was a scene where L tells her 12 yr old son Patrick to make his own sandwich. He has a crutch to walk around in. They are arguing, and he does make his own sandwich.

Cut to later, and he is the valedictorian in law school. I remember watching these twin African-American brothers on Montell Williams. The brothers said that doctors didn't think they would live long enough, and have physical and mental disabilities. They are healthy and honor students. This is something I saw way back in 2003?

Actors: I saw the closing credits, and the actor who plays the law student is named Anthony Traina. I really liked the casting of 12-yr- old Patrick and the older version of him. He really does look like Lynette's kids. The both have reddish-brown hair and relatively look like each other.

Abortions: I had a flashback a few hours ago after writing about abortion fanatics. I remember like what- 10 years ago I saw an out-of-control teenage girls episode on Jenny Jones. JJ was interviewing this girl.

JJ: You got pregnant when you were 13?
Girl: Yeah.
JJ: Then you got an abortion?
Girl: Yeah.

She didn't act like she regretted it. Maybe abortion fanatics will get her. If she really is bad as in she disrespects her family, teachers, and wants to be a stripper, then that's fine if abortion fanatics harass her. However, she could possibly be an actress. JJ could have hired actresses to be out-of- control teenage girls to get ratings.

A few months ago I talked about how it turns out Tyra Banks hired paid actors to be her "panel of haters." The producers got the actors to say all these mean comments and it was all a show.

A few hours after I thought about that, this other flashback came to me. It was back in 2003 when Dr Phil was actually good. This woman said that she got an abortion to keep her boyfriend who's a scumbag. He cheated on her, and he got other girls pregnant while he was with her. She didn't act like she regretted the abortion. The good thing is she dumped him at the end of the show. I think she's a real person, and not an actress.

Weird: I also thought it was kind of weird that the boyfriend didn't come on the show, and when they showed video footage of him, they pixalated his face. This is the kind of guy who goes on the Maury show, and they don't bother hiding his identity. He would be on the lie detector and paternity test shows.

The important thing is, I don't watch trashy talk shows. I just remember them.

Heist: I was reading The Globe and Mail and it covered this heist in Britain. It was turned into a book. The criminals who did it were part-time cage fighters and drug dealers. The article talked about the stupidity of the bank hiring people from these agencies. They pay them like $9.63. It occurred back in 2006. Banks should be paying more than that. Certainly over $10.

Moving tip: Also from the newspaper, they always say: "Location, location, location" when moving. It's not only that, but also the economy. Is the economy good, are there a lot of jobs there? If not, then don't move.

Charity: The other day I was on the bus, and this guy sat by me. He asked for a quarter because he needed to make a phone call, and he's got 10 cents. I gave him one.

Then we started talking.
Me: Why don't you have a cell phone?
Guy: I just got out of jail. I need to call my boss, because he needs to pay me.
Me: Why can't you go to his office?
Guy: He doesn't have one. I'm a subcontractor, and I do things under the table. Oh what? You want your quarter back?
Me: No, you can keep it.

I told him he could go to Hope Mission. He and I got off at City Centre and he went straight to the pay phone. I doubt he was playing me. Can you really think up a story like that in less than one minute? S

ome people are good liars, but I think he was telling the truth if he's going to the pay phone. If he lied, well he only played me for a quarter.

Shopping: In other news, did you know that New York Styles in City Centre closed down? I wasn't really surprised. I always thought it was going to close down because for a few years the signs always said "Blowout sale" and "75% off."

Cool question: I was at Carlton Cards and I saw this cup that had this question: "What would you attempt to do if you know you cannot fail?"

No comments: