Saturday, January 2, 2010

changes/ funny/ Happy New Year!

Dec. 30 Changes: First Oprah's leaving, then Tyra Banks, and now Conni Massing. Well CM isn't a talk show host, but she was the writer who helped me with my writing. She said her contract was to work at the library for a year. A new guy is going to take over her place. That's why she's not going to look at my script. Well at least there is a replacement.

Rob Thomas: Now that I have free time, I caught up on TV episodes I missed like 90210. I remember reading the Veronica Mars book Neptune Noir, where VM creator Rob Thomas said he didn't want to do a show with teenagers doing sexy things. VM was a good mystery show. Now look at RB, he's doing a TV show about teenagers doing sexy things.

I'm not saying he's a sell out. He didn't think up 90210, he's helping remake the 90s show. It's not even a step down for RB. I'm sure he's making a lot of money, so this is a step up to be on this successful show.

It made me think of myself. People would say: "Here's the girl who wrote something so good like The Fighter, and now she's working on the crappy TV show Secret Life of the American Teenager?"

The Hunter: I buckled down today and typed up the 4 pages of The Hunter outline. It's a vampire script. However, I have overdosed vampires and it's too common right now. What's interesting is that earlier that document was corrupted so that's why I had to type it up again. This time I emailed it to myself.

Another interesting thing is the documents that weren't corrupted on the disk, doesn't have anything to do with vampires. It's a sign to go and write about a corrupt company.

News: I read in The Globe and Mail about how two brothers who were given up for adoption were reunited when they met each other at the same warehouse they worked at.

Then there's a piece about how two Chinese women were unknowingly married to the same man, and the women worked together. That sure reminds me of CSI: NY and Castle.

I read in the Journal about this Robin Hood gambler. He lives in Las Vegas and he sets up a website where people who deserve money to pay off medical bills or whatever, get money from him. Robin Hood can only give away $50,000. He only gets the money for the people by gambling. His identity is hidden, but he is considered a "whale." That means high- rollers.

Glee: I caught up on two Glee episodes I missed. Mr. Shuester talked about how the Glee kids are outcast. It kind of reminds me of this script I write called The Outcast. It was about a group of unpopular teenagers. However, it should be called The Outcasts. The story was undeveloped because why are these people friends? At least with Glee, they all like singing and dancing.

It also made me think of Choral class in gr.10. The class was so unpopular, because there was only one class. All the grades were combined. Art and Drama, you can separate the grades.

NLT: One of the Glee kids, Kevin McHale (the wheelchair kid) is in a real life boy band called NLT. I finally checked out their video "Karma." The clothes are good, and the setting looks futuristic. The dancing was tight. I was impressed with the dancing. The guys, I didn't really find any of them attractive. However, I am 24 and they seem like teens.

Then I checked out the other video "She said, I said (Time We Let Go)." I like their fast dancing to a ballad. I like that kind of dancing like in Ciara's ballad "Promise." In this video, it really showcases their singing. I then read a Youtube comment: "Why did NLT break up? It's a shame. Them white boys can sing." lol.

Dec. 31 Song: I was looking up some more NLT, and I found their song produced by Timbaland called "Better Than Me." It's got a great beat to it, and I saw them perform it live. Their dancing is great. I can really jam to this song. It's about singing to a girl who's got a boyfriend, but he's not "better than me." lol.

Funny: I was checking out Travis from NLT and I went on http://blogs.myspace.com/travisgarlandmusic

There was this audio on July 25,2009. You hear a guy's voice say: "Oh my God, oh my God, I can't believe I'm talking to you. I don't know if you know who this is, but it's Kermit the Frog." I burst out laughing. It really does sound like him.

It's a good joke because it's unpredictable. I really thought it was a real fan calling him to leave a message. There are music artists out there, like Donnie Klang (Making the Band 4) and he gave this number out on his myspace page so you could call him. You hear Kermit yell shut up to Miss Piggy and dissing her. He also sings "Happy Birthday" to Travis. lol.

Rear Window: I finally got to see this 1954 movie on TV. I first knew about it when The Simpsons made fun of it. Bart broke his leg and spied on his neighbors with a telescope. He suspects Ned Flanders killed his wife. Screenwriting for Dummies said it was a really good movie so I had to check it out. The movie Disturbia starring Shia La Beuof kind of copied it too.

Now onto the actual movie. I found it boring, but somewhat more interesting than the 1984 movie 48hrs. I wasn't really annoyed at the lack of technology. Of course when the lead character's girlfriend snoops into the neighbor's place, if there was a cell phone, he would be calling her to not go in there.

The same thing happened with Lisa on The Simpsons. However, Lisa and Bart are kids and they didn't have cell phones because of their age. The episode was made in the early 90s, where cell phones existed, but weren't very common then.

Jan. 1 James Dean: I was thinking about the 1955 movie Rebel Without a Cause. Yeah, it was really dated, but I wasn't distracted by the rotary phones, or the milk from glass bottles. I only concentrated on James Dean. I was so obsessed with this guy back in 2004.

It was way back when I was at NAIT, and they were selling these posters. I saw this black and white photo of a guy and there were words underneath it. It said: "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. I then looked around at the other posters, but I had to go and spend $10 on it. I put it up in my room, and it's still up.

Happy New Year!: I celebrated it by staying at home, as usual. I was listening to the Bounce radio station and dancing to it. Then I got a phone call from my friend Sonia wishing me a happy new year. I had called her earlier and she was returning my call. I never got a phone call on New Year's before, so that's a first.

I checked my email today and my friend Jessica emailed me. I called and left a message yesterday too. She said she was out of town in the email. That's a coincidence because the last time I called her was Jul.1, and she said the same thing. I seem to get her when she's out of town.

Jan. 2 Theme song: For the record, I love the song called "Time to Win" by Down with Webster. It will be my theme song for The Fighter. I want to get the rights to that song and use it during the montages.

That kind of reminds me of that TV movie Lesser Evil. It was an average movie. You got a strong female character putting a bad guy in prison. The song that they played twice was "Crushed" (remix) by Rosette. I like the original ballad version. The song was used because it played during the fashion show in the beginning, and then at the closing credits.

It wasn't a theme song for the movie, it was just a song they used. The show was shot in Vancouver, and Rosette was a Canadian artist. Down with Webster is Canadian.

No comments: