Sunday, December 6, 2009

news/ crazy trip/ 1408

Dec. 3 News: I read in 24 that people 18-30 years old are more likely to get angry. They are more likely to experience "time pressures, economic hardship and interpersonal conflict at work." So with women raising young children.

In other news the cop killer who shot 4 cops at coffee shop has been shot and killed.

Then there is all this news about Tiger Woods and him cheating. I can't believe the Edmonton Journal put that on the front cover. Maybe the Edmonton Sun, but not the Journal. I'm not really a fan of his because I don't care for golf or many sports at all. It really belongs in the entertainment section. If it's about celebrities deaths, then I would see it in the A section.

H1N1: I read in 24 that 33% of Canadians got their H1N1 shots.

Book: Once again, I was reading 16 and Pregnant on twop.com. Someone mentioned the book The Girls Who Went Away by Ann Fessler. It's about in the 1950s, when teen girls got pregnant they were sent away to have the baby, and quickly give the baby up for adoption. I read some comments about the book and it seems really good.

Dec. 4 Health: It was kind of crazy today. I set my alarm at 9am, and woke up. Then I went to bed and woke up at 9:40am which I usually do. I had a doctor's appointment at 9:30am. Fortunately, the place is like a 2min bus ride, and the waiting room wait can be up to 45 min long.

It was snowing a lot outside, and the bus came a little later because of it. I caught it after a 2min wait. I then waited for 10min for the doctor. He checked out my hands and he says there aren't any warts. Maybe this time, they will be gone. I hope so, come the new year. Usually he removes the warts off my fingers, and it's good for a few weeks. Then it comes back. This time I really do believe it's gone. Then I went home and helped my grandma shovel snow.

Crazy trip: I ate lunch and then I went to downtown so I could go and take the LRT to the Stadium to get my H1N1 shot. I didn't have to wait for the bus at all, because it came when I got to the stop. When I got to downtown, I realized I forgot my AB healthcare card. Damn. Yeah, well at least I remembered it then, instead of taking the LRT there and then realizing it.

I went to the Stanley A. Milner library to wait for the bus, and read the paper. I did a little shopping at Second Cup. They sell a big jar of hot chocolate mix for $6.95. I waited 10min for the bus, and went home. I got the AB healthcare card. I saw the #1 bus to downtown by at 12:20pm. I then went out and waited at 12:35pm. The bus doesn't come until 12:55pm. I was annoyed, but somehow I kind of knew my luck was going to run out for the 4 times I took the bus to and from somewhere today, with short wait times.

I did do something constructive to pass the time by reading the newspaper. I took the LRT to the Stadium. At the LRT station it said the H1N1 shots are available in Gate 2 at the Stadium. All of my life, I've been living in Edmonton, and yet never been to the Stadium. It's kind of like it wasn't until I was 15 before I actually used the LRT. I was coming home with my sister from the O-town concert. lol.

I see Gate 10, and then I had to do a 15min walk to get to Gate 2. I went in, there wasn't a wait in line. I got the H1N1 shot and the flu shot. I did the usual of wait 15min after getting a shot in case you have an allergic reaction. The guy who gave me the shot asked me if I had "hysterical fainting." I said no. lol.

I did talk to this other guy when I was walking back if there is a shorter walk back to the LRT station, but there was a road to residential areas, and then a fence. I had to do the 15min walk back to the station.

Rant: I was looking for my photos on the computer, when I realized they were deleted back when the computer was getting fixed last month.

Me: Did they delete all the files like the pictures?
Patrick: Yeah, remember I asked you that. Do you have any documents you want to save onto a disk before everything gets deleted.

I said no because I save all my documents onto a disk. I totally forgot about the pictures of myself. Yeah, well I took the photos and put one up on Facebook. The important thing is, there is still more photos on this other site. Then I thought about how I deleted the photos of my ex-boyfriend back in Oct. If I didn't delete them then, they would have been deleted now. Okay, I'm cool. I have calmed down. I can still take more photos. The most important thing is, I have multiple drafts of my screenplay on disks, and printed copies of it.

Dec. 5 Thralls: This movie is on tonight again. I saw it a couple of years ago on TV, and I remember adding it to my list of mediocre movies that entertain me, like Romeo Must Die. I remember gushing about it in my email. It's shot in Canada about a young girl Ashley (Siri Baruc) who moves to live with her big sister played by Leah Cairns (Kyle XY).

LC runs a club with 4 other friends. It turns out that they are vampires. Ashley figures it out when everybody in the club is partying full swing. A meets a guy played by Canadian actor Shawn Roberts. He's the guy who kissed Rogue in the first X-Men movie, and got the life sucked out of him.

It's intentionally funny. It's fun to watch if you like vampires, and hot women. There is some sexual content. It's not a movie for everybody though. It's not scary, it's not trying to be anyway.

1408: Instead, I watched the movie 1408 starring John Cusack. It was really scary and creepy. It was supernatural. I find those kind of movies scarier than a serial killer running around. You can't control the supernatural. You can kind of control a serial killer because the characters can run and fight. I thought the movie was kind of slow and long. It takes 30min to set up the JC's character that he's a writer and he got some books published, but he's not really that successful. He writes books about haunted mansions and hotels by staying in their rooms. He gets a postcard to stay in room 1408, and the character Michael adds up the numbers to 13.

I will give points to JC for holding the movie because he's alone in it most of the time. You may think: "How can a guy staying in a room by himself be interesting?" Well it's weird things start to happen and I did jump. It gets really interesting with the suspense and fear as he tries to get out of the room.

Then later you think it's going to be an anti-climatic ending, but then it isn't. This is based on a short story by Stephen King so I'm sure he can write something better than that ending. Though I have never read any of his books. I'm not really into reading horror, just watching it.

Writing: Today I went through my old emails and I was looking for this email about me pitching to this production company. I found it and it said: "We're not producing movies this year." That was in Jan. 2009. I guess I have to wait until 2010. It will be soon.

Yesterday I was busy with work, and watching a movie. Today I finally buckled down and actually worked on the script because the producer Josh Miller said my dialogue was "unnatural." There wast this one scene where the lead character's ex- girlfriend makes an appearance for a min. and a half. I was working on it for 5-10min. and then I decided to delete it.

It wasn't necessary because the scene was to reveal what Shawn is like before. If you want to know more about him, you can see how he interacts with his brother and his family.

Work: I'm kind of sad because my co-worker Ray will be leaving the Soup place after this month. She's busy with school and extracurricular activities and can't work. Then since she can't work, I won't be able to hang out at Sorrentino's to talk to Justin.

No comments: