Tuesday, December 15, 2009

job search/ Lethal Obsession/ baitcar.com

Dec.11 Job search: Today I set up a job account at Epcor.ca and applied for a professional writing intern position. The other 10 positions I wasn't applicable for. I applied for 4 jobs this week. That's a little progress. Last month I applied for 22 jobs.

Dec. 12 Lethal Obsession: This TV movie came on, and it kind of reminded me of my Rain script. In LO or also known as No Brother of Mine, this woman lives a good life, until her brother comes along and turns it upside down. In my script, it's the same thing with a bad guy coming from her past and finding her and turning her life upside down.

Nina (Kellie Martin) is a successful career woman. She's married, has 2 kids, lives in a big house with a nanny. She calls her grandma, a neighbor answers and she says the grandma is in the hospital.N is hiding out from her little brother Drew (Adam McDonald) for the past 15 years. In the first scene, this house window blows up as someone in the car outside watches. Twenty- two years later, show Nina at work. Show N's husband Stuart who's a doctor. He's flirting with the nurse, but doesn't make any moves on her. He makes the moves on this female doctor.

N takes a flight to see her grandma in the hospital. N runs to her car, and drives away. D sees that the car belongs to a rental and he looks for it. He then shows that he's a bad guy by intimidating this woman at the car rental to get N's info. N changed her name, moved a dozen times. D finds her. D talks to the husband S at the hospital. D says he went to juvenile hall because he killed a guy who was hurting his sister. Then D gets a place in town. N warned S about him. N owns a gun, and hires a PI.I thought it was kind of funny to see Conrad Pla play the PI. He was in another TV movie I saw recently False Pretenses where he plays a bad cop.

PI then finds out that D's records are clean. N goes through D's place and finds fake IDs. PI then researches and D isn't that good. D kills the nurse that he thinks S is cheating N with. D ties up the nanny to take the kids away. D makes moves on N's co-worker. He's infiltrating her life. N knows S is cheating on her, N then dumps S. D is about to kill S and female doctor that S is cheating with. N calls 911, N gets in there to talk D out of killing. N shoots D in the leg as Female Doctor hits him with her elbow.

FD and S run. N and D talk. N says she's going to get him help like a mental hospital. It goes full circle. In the movie they mentioned they were abused by their parents. It turns out in the beginning of the movie, there was an explosion in the house. The flashback is that D saw N turn on the stoves to release the gas so it would fill up the house all night. As soon as the dad lights up a cigarette, the parents are killed.

N is still a sympathetic character because she kills the bad parents, and she have always felt guilty about it. The happy ending is that N takes her kids to see their great- grandma. This will be my 3rd favorite TV movie after Obituary, and False Pretenses.

Dec. 13 Actors: I recognized the actors like Dylan Neal playing the husband. He was on Blood Ties. I've seen Adam McDonald way back in 1999 on The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo where he plays a high school student. He was also in Vampire High back in 2001. I totally forgot about that credit. I did remember seeing him on the TV show 1-800-Missing.

Writing: Today at work it was boring as usual because it's a Sunday. I managed to get a lot of writing. I have to think of the big conclusion where Rain defeats the bad guy. I thought of the Prison Break series finale, but I also thought of Pink's first music video "There You Go."

If you remember the video, at the end, Pink drives her motorcycle into her ex-boyfriend's loft and totally trashes the place that way. It's funny. It's big budget. It's not totally realistic, but it's very original, because I've never seen that done before. However, Rain has to get into a penthouse. Pink just destroyed the place, without going inside it.

Job: I talked to my dad and he said I could do whatever I want. I told him the call centre isn't giving me enough hours. I could talk to my boss about it. If he won't give me more hours, then I might as well go and get another job.

I am revisiting my past. I emailed Dani who used to work at Ardene's. She was the manager there. I originally got hired back in summer 2008, but then I told my dad, and he told me to not take it. Three weeks later, I asked, and he said I could work there. I worked there for three weeks, and was told three people were going to get fired.

Two people got fired because they worked once a week, and last one hired gets fired, which was me. Dani didn't fire me, the person above her did, D had to deliver the news. I'm even going to go back to work at Treats at Epcor, or really any Treats location. I worked there in summer 2007 and met my manager/ friend Aziz. Then in summer 2008, I went back, and he wasn't there anymore.

Then in 2009, I bumped into him at City Centre. He said he got fired himself from Treats, and was removed.

Dec. 14 Job review: I kept a a meticulous record of my job search this year. From Jan.2009-Aug.2009, I passed out 110 resumes. I only got two job interviews, and it only lead me to the call centre job. I passed them to banks, hotels, colleges, travel agencies, salons, to all work as a receptionist. There were some writing positions I applied to.

Then I rebooted my job search in Nov.2009- Dec. 2009. It's 26 resumes in total to the same places. It's 136 resumes I passed out this year.

Job talk: I called my call centre manager up and we talked. It was good. He said there is no such thing as part-time or full-time at the call centre. It's all based on what projects we have, how many projects, and when people are available. He says he cares about his employees and takes care of them. I believe that.

Jaspal: Well I'm sure when you worked at call centres, there is always a busy time, and then it gets slower later.
Me: Not at the other call centres I worked at.
J: That was then when the economy was good.

At Ipsos 2005-2006, we all got hours consistently. Same goes for Leger in 2006. I was brutally honest and said that if he doesn't give me more hours, I will start looking for another job and it may be restaurant and retail, and not the office job I want. As long as I get hours that's good.

J did say he's getting a lot of resumes, and he will be hiring more people in the new year. He's hoping there will be a lot more work to do, and I could get more hours that way. The only other thing I could do is instead of getting Fridays off, I will add that to my work schedule that I can work that day.

He says in the beginning of the month we get new projects, there's lots of work. If you notice, hours start decreasing by the end of the month. I guess I'll have to wait until Jan. to see how it goes. Also the psychic did tell me I'll get an office job by Feb. or Mar.

Dec. 15: Well Pyschic Nadia could be right. I don't know. I only saw her once back in Jul. This office job prediction is the only thing I can see if it will come true or not. The TV script being produced in a few years, I'll have to wait if that comes true too.

Radio: Have you ever heard of the radio station Hot 107? I never heard of it until my sister told me about it two weeks ago. She said there is a lot mentioning The Bounce 91.7 radio station. It does advertise that they don't play Nickelback which is good.

Baitcar.com: Have you guys ever heard of this website? I learned it when I was watching the news. Police set up these cars so they could get stolen, there's a hidden camera, and the police chase down the criminals that way. I think I saw this a few years back when I used to watch Maury's "crazy things caught on tape" show.

The video on the front page is kind of eh. You should fast forward to the 3min mark when things get interesting.

No comments: