Thursday, December 24, 2009

disk/ James Franco/ Merry Christmas!

Dec. 22 Disk: I was working on my The Fighter script. It's on two 3.5 floppy disks. I then went to save it all onto one disk, but then one of my disks stopped working on me. It's that Maxwell disk that I bought in 2005. This is the second one that stopped working. Well I still got 20 others.

Rant: I asked Patrick for my USB key back because I lent it to him for school. He said he lost it at school, but he will look for it at the lost and found. He will also pay me $30 back because that's how much it cost. I should have gave him the necklace that it came with to put the key on it. Or give him the box that it came in. I carried the key in the box so I won't lose it.

I bought it in 2005 and used it for school.

Computer Applications-2005
Mac Skills for Writers- 2006
Basic HTML- 2008

Well it only had my old school assignments, and I hadn't used it since 2008. My name is written on the USB key. If it had my script on it, I would be mad. This is a mild rant. I talked to my co-worker Lisa and she says they sell those for as low as $10.

Writing: Today I emailed the producer John Kerr again, and tried to get him to be attached to my script. I sent him the newest draft with the changes listed in another document. I hope to get this produced in 2010.

News: I read in the Journal about a woman who didn't know she was pregnant and she gave birth. She didn't gain any weight, no morning sickness, and she kept getting her period the entire time. Then again, there is a TV show called I Didn't Know I was Pregnant. I never saw an ep though.

Analyze: I was thinking about my script Rain. It's about how one person takes over another one's life and ruins it. It made me think of The Hills where Kristin is taking over everybody's lives. It's not really that bad. It's not like the TV movie Lethal Obsession where the protagonist's brother was murdering people.

Then I thought about the other TV movie called Selling Innocence. It's about a teenage girl played by Sarah Lind and she becomes a model. Then it turns out the guy who runs the place (played by JR Bourne) is a bad guy. The girl can't get out of the contract she signed and is trying to find a way out of it.

James Franco: I saw him on SNL last week. His monologue was funny.

JF: I'm here to promote my movie Hope's Promise.
The audience cheers.
JF: Just kidding. I'm not here to promote a movie like the last time I hosted. I'm here to promote the fact that I'm on the soap opera General Hospital which I have been on for the past month. A lot of people think I have made a big career step back like my family, my agents, the people at General Hospital.
The audience laughs.
JF pulls out this big wheel of pieces of paper in there and draws out one.

JF: "Play a corpse on Law and Order." Okay.
JF pulls out another one.
JF: "Do another Spider-Man movie."
The audience cheers.

Dec. 23 Writing Contest: Today I submitted The Fighter to Super Channel's contest called Super Catalyst Emerging Screenwriter Award. I have submitted that script to them before, but they rejected it. This time, I got an email from my school account, and they were advertising this contest.

I then sent the revised screenplay. They needed a 1 page synopsis so I worked on that all morning. They pick 4 screenplays, and 1 out of them will be discussed in front of a panel of professionals.

Progress:
Well it's the end of the year, and now I can review what progress I have made in my writing.

1. I got my college diploma in Professional Writing. I found that out in January, but I didn't get the diploma until April. (April)

2. Completing a 90 page script for the first time. (March)

3. I emailed it to the producer Josh Miller. I pitched to a lot of producers, and they often pointed me to his direction. Though, he did reject it. (April)

4. Kit Cope is the first one to say yes to my script and wants to be in it. (June)

5. The first time I met up with a TV producer John Kerr and discussed my script. (July)

6. I emailed Josh Miller the new version of the script, and he rejected it again. It did force me to improve it more. (October)

7. I entered Super Catalyst Emerging Screenwriter Award. (December)

It's been about two years of pitching since I started in Jan. 2008. The above is the list of the biggest steps I made. I have made many steps and experience a lot of rejection. I don't spend all my time wishing and dreaming. I work a lot and 2009 has been good.

Dec. 24 Good news: I read in the Journal that there is more police in Canada than ever before. 20% of police are women.

I read in the Metro that there has been a 10% decrease in murders in the US. A 4.4% decrease in violent crimes, 6.1% decrease in property crimes, 19% decrease in car thefts.

Teen pregnancy:
I saw an ep of 90210 I missed. The character Adriana got pregnant as a teenager, and gave the baby up for adoption- of course. On this kind of show, it's about rich teenagers having fun and doing sexy things. If there is a baby involved, than it really puts a wrench on things.

Adriana is a regular character on the show. What if the lead character Annie got pregnant? Would that mean she has to keep the kid and raise it as her own? No, there still wouldn't be a baby on the show. Talk about recycling, Dixon meets a college age woman and she gets pregnant, and then she gives the baby up for adoption.

Unlike Secret Life of the American Teenager, it's not about rich teenagers doing fun and sexy things. It's a poorly written show, which I predicted that Amy was going to keep the kid and raise it as her own. If she didn't, there wouldn't be a show.

Writer's block: I typed up a scene for my script that I had earlier written down. I wrote another scene. I have writer's block and I'm still trying to cure it.

Karma: I was thinking about that mean co-worker I had at the Soup place. She was yelling and swearing at me, but I could have easily dissed her for getting pregnant as a teenager. However, I didn't because I never dissed a girl for getting pregnant as a teenager, why should I start now?

Also, it did help my case when I told the manager what she said to me. If I retaliated by dissing her teen pregnancy, then I look bad. I didn't diss her at all, and I looked like the sympathetic person. Karma will get you. I feel like if I diss a girl for getting pregnant as a teenager, I'll end up on an episode of I Didn't Know I was Pregnant.

The only time I would ever diss pregnant teen is if I'm in the Maury audience and a girl says: "I'm going to have a baby, and all of you guys are going to pay for it." I would boo her with the audience. That doesn't count as bad karma, not because everybody booed her. She is the one who's going to get bad karma for getting pregnant on purpose to live on welfare.

The co-worker's life is already a train wreck because she kept the kid and raised it as her own. She was rude and mean to everybody at work, and it was down to one person who actually liked her. I didn't even talk s--- about her behind her back, except to complain to the manager. Eventually her karma and behavior caught up to her, and she ended up quitting after 3 months. She hated the job, and nobody liked her.

Merry Christmas!: Today the Soup place called me and I worked for a few hours. I also got some free apples and food from them. It was pretty busy in the mall for the last- minute holiday shopping for others, and for themselves.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: