Monday, December 21, 2009

bloopers/ Brittany Murphy/ Olympics

Dec. 18 Bloopers: I was watching some Criminal Minds bloopers. Here's one from season 2. Fast forward to 3:10 into it. I noticed that the people dressed up as deputies start moving away, then the actors Mandy Patkin and Shemar Moore turn around and it's a guy dressed up in a white sasquatch outfit. Everybody is laughing and clapping. It was very infectious. lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TohMITmuMg0

No Authority: As usual, I always seem to revisit boy band past. I haven't in months. Well I felt like listening to No Authority's "Don't Stop" song, so I typed it onto Youtube. I have gotten a video of these other guys performing that song in their talent show. Instead I got the music video. I haven't seen it in years. I know the member Eric was gay. I typed it into Youtube last year and I saw his stand- up comedy routine where he says he is.

Now I checked out the other guy Ricky and he was on Extra. Here's a 1 min clip of him. NA opened up for Britney Spears, and R says: "Britney did actually watch one of my shows." That's cool, I think he's telling the truth. Ricky does appear to be gay. Look at the video, and look at his www.myspace.com/harlowmusicrocks.

Then I had to read everybody's comments about them. Josh was one of the original members, but he quit. One of the comments was that he had to drop his acting career to be in the group. He chose acting, and I have to say he's way more successful in acting than he was in music.

NA was good. They were on Michael Jackson's label MJJ when they first came out. Then they moved to the Maverick label, and went from R&B to pop. I just looked up the other member Danny Zavatsky and got his Facebook page. I then emailed him and made a friend request. I told him he was talented, and asked what's he up to and if ever talk to or look up the other guys in the group. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AKItG60y60

Party: Today I went to the call centre party. It was fun. I had some lasagna, cheese, meat, veggies with dip. I was having a late lunch, and not to get too full because I have another Christmas party at the Soup place. We all got presents at the call centre. We got Tim Horton's gift cards, and we got to pick wrapped presents.

I got a DVD, and it was a action movie that I'm actually interested in watching called The Sentinial. Other co-workers got DVDs, soap and bath stuff. The manager Jaspal joked around saying the presents were like Deal or No Deal. Alcohol was available too, though I didn't drink any.

Dec. 19 Magazines: I read in The Globe and Mail that 60% of the profit that magazines make are from advertisers putting their ads in the magazine. I thought it was only people buying the magazines that are the main source of the profits. I was then reading in the Metro about the decade and how magazines are fading away.

The recession has people using the internet more instead of spending money on something that they don't need like a magazine.

Dec. 20: I was talking to my 16-yr old friend Ray yesterday.

Me: Did you know that Cosmogirl folded?
R: Really? No wonder I can't find it.

The magazine folded on Dec.2008/Jan.2009 issue. I remember back in 2004, the teen magazine YM folded because too much competition. Then Teen People folded because of the same reason. Also it came out monthly, when there are celeb magazines come out weekly. Elle Girl folded after 5 years due to same reason.

Brittany Murphy: Did you know that Brittany Murphy died today at 32 years old? She was an actress in Clueless, and 8 Mile. I was just thinking about her at work. I've never seen her movie Little Black Book because it's a romantic comedy. She was also in the movie Just Married with Ashton Kutcher. They dated each other and AK twittered her death. I feel sad. I'm not really a fan of hers, but I did like her.

Gifts: I was reading this advice column in The Globe and Mail about this woman who doesn't like how her boyfriend is giving her these raunchy gifts. First it was these raunchy dvds, then lingerie, etc. The advice was tell you boyfriend firmly that you don't want these gifts. The other part of it was you could buy him a blow up doll and say: "If you keep buying me these gifts, this will be the only girlfriend you have." lol.

Here's a good saying from it: "Gifts are supposed to benefit the recipient more than than the donor." There are gifts like 2 tickets to a show, and both of you go together. I remember my high school and college days where I give pictures of celebs to my friends, and they're always so happy to get them.

The pics were from magazines that I got for free from my sister, so it doesn't cost me anything. It's still kind of like that now. I met Mark who looked like the actor Kyle Gallner, and he didn't know who I was talking about. I printed two pictures of KG for him, and he burst out laughing and said: "Oh my God, you rock!" It didn't cost me anything, but it's the thought that counts.

Writing: At work I mainly read and wrote. I felt kind of sad with my script Rain. It has like 40 pages and nothing much happens. It reminded me of reading a comment on the Secret Life of the American Teenager thread where a whole episode of nothing happening.

However, I went home, I turned on the computer and buckled down and worked on The Fighter script.

Dec. 21 Saying: Psychic Miki from 24 said: "It takes guts and determination to succeed, but it takes even more to let go and free yourself from the trappings of comfort."

Job: Today I got called in and worked 9hrs at the Soup place. Everything balances out for the hours I lacked at the call centre.

News: I read in the Metro that in "developing countries, about one person in eight is a girl aged 10-24." An educated woman puts 90% of their income into their families, unlike men who put in 30%.

I read a letter in the Journal about this woman who said something about the stabbing of an ME Lazerte student. Her son is friends with the stabbing victim. The kid who got stabbed is okay, and he got stabbed at Londonderry mall which is close to the school. My friend Ray goes to the school. She says she knows the kid, but the name can't be released to newspapers because he's under aged.

The Inner City High School will be torn down and be rebuilt with $15 million in 2012. There will also be student residences. It says 17% of the students are homeless, and 44% are living in unsafe conditions. Now I think back of my high school. I don't know if anyone was homeless because there are 1300 students. My school was in a safe neighborhood and not in the ghetto.

Olympics: I saw a pic in the Metro with those Olympic rings, and it's spray painted with faces with frowns. It was spray painted in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside, the infamous ghetto in Canada. I told Ray that.

Me: I don't know why people are so against the Olympics. (I've read about protests about it.)Ray: That's because the Olympics bring a lot of debt.

I typed "Olympics bring debt" into Google and got a University of Toronto Professor Helen Lenskyj saying that it brings debt, evictions of low-income renters, and abolish civil rights.

Naked sushi: I heard about this on Jay Leno like a year ago. I woman pretty much lies half- naked on a table, and people eat sushi off them. I saw this on a CSI: NY ep. It's big in big cities like New York and San Francisco.

It's now available in Kai Asian Grill in downtown Edmonton. The women get paid $300/hr for this kind of job. I find this job in a way kind of like prostitution.

No comments: