Friday, November 27, 2009

money news/ unoriginal/ inspiration

Nov. 26 Money news: Today I deleted 37 MacEwan emails. I found this website for Unlimited Magazine. Here is a cool article about how 18-35 yr olds are the ones mainly using those pay day loan stores like Money Mart. Some say it's better to go there and get pay day loans then go to a pawn shop and start hawking your stuff.

It also reminds me of the short- lived TV show Easy Money about a family who owns a pay day loan store. I mentioned it before saying I felt guilty just for watching this show because the characters are working in this kind of crappy environment where they take advantage of people living from paycheck to paycheck. Really, read the article.

http://www.unlimitedmagazine.com/money/money-mart/

Unoriginal: I checked out the show Castle and they did an ep where a guy dies. His wife shows up, and his fiance also shows up to identify the body. That's been done before on CSI: NY where a guy dies, and one woman says that's her husband, and another woman says the same thing. However, it was a polygamous relationship.

Then Patrick was there and he chimed in that CSI: NY did the same ep: "There was the episode where a guy dies, and his wife says she did it. Then it turns out he was also married to another woman in the same apartment building, but on a different floor."

Yeah, well at least on Castle it was about office espionage and neither of the two women did it. Unlike on CSI: NY, both of the episodes, one of the women did it. I'll give points to Castle then for being a little more original. lol.

Hot chocolate: Here's my review. I like Carnation's hot chocolate mix. I got a box of it for $2.99. It's better than Ovaltine. It also tastes better than Second Cup Candy Cane White Hot Chocolate mix. Then again I don't like candy cane or white chocolate.

Backpack: My mom bought me $3 backpack at Wal- Mart. It originally cost $12. I will give points to my backpack that lasted 4 yrs since I got it at the Leather Centre in Capilano. The thing is, things will last long if you take care of them. However, the Leather Centre backpack's zipper just stopped working.

Adventure: I was thinking about adventures and excitement. I can find that by little things like going to a psychic. Or big things like auditioning for So You Think You Can Dance Canada. Working at a job is not really an adventure. Unless it's something exciting.

Taylor Lautner: I saw this actor on Conan O'Brien promoting New Moon. It was kind of funny towards the end where TL caught grapes in his mouth from a distance. Conan kept throwing them at him. TL caught all 3 of them in his mouth even though the distance was really great like 20 feet. lol.

Edgemont: I remember this show coming out in 2000. It was set in Vancouver, and Kristin Kreuk got her big break here prior to playing Lana Lang on Smallville. Grace Park was also on this show prior to Battlestar Galattica. It was an after- school special. This show came one year prior to the new Degrassi. Except there were no adult characters in this show. It was more low- budget, shot with 16mm camera. The stories were the same about being gay, teen pregnancy.

Flashback: Speaking of teen pregnancy, I remembered this line from the old TV show Arrested Development.

Gob: She's the kind of girl who gets pregnant, stays pregnant.

It must be from reading 16 and Pregnant on twop.com. Someone did say: "She made the mistake of getting pregnant, and then she goes and makes another mistake by staying pregnant."

That also reminds me of when I asked Justin: "If you see a teenage girl trying to shoplift a pregnancy test, would you tell on her or would you let her get away with it?"

J: I would tell on her. She makes one mistake (having sex), and then she's going to go and make another mistake (shoplifting.)

Shopping: This show has an effect on me. I bought those 2 pair of black pants, and now I can't return them. They don't fit that well when I wore them out. Made a mistake by cutting the tags. Then my mom was ranting at me about it. We then went to Capilano mall and started shopping for some pants.

However, we were fruitless in the search. At the same time, the frustration dissolved because she now knows how hard it is to buy pants for me. The way to the mall, I was thinking about 16 and Pregnant. It's where the girl Farrah and her mom are going to the car dealership and they're ranting at each other about the pregnancy. In my car ride, I was thinking: "Well at least I only made a mistake by buying pants that don't fit me instead of getting pregnant as a teenager."

Relapse: I have to confess, I watched some Tyra and it wasn't about teen pregnancy or prostitution. I watched a little bit about this Latino guy who was a waiter. She met him on vacation and thought he should be a model. The guy Juan was struggling financially because he was the oldest and he has to take care of his family.

T helped him get a portfolio together, and get a 2 yr modeling contract with LA Models, and 1 yr gym membership to keep fit. I do have self- control. I saw a little bit of Tyra because it was about Dr. Drew and his sex rehab show. However, Dr. Drew and his patients were on Oprah earlier this week and I saw the entire ep of that. I only saw 10 min. of Dr. Drew on Tyra. It's called moderation.

Celeb news: I read that Dancing with the Stars, and Nick Carter's little brother Aaron Carter has to pay $1 million in taxes. Then I read that Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps has to pay $22, 000 in taxes. Pay your taxes. Another thing is, I read that Nicholas Cage has financial trouble. He blames his business manager for not managing his money well, and his business manager blames NC for living beyond his means. Well, I hope that gets worked out.

Nov. 27 Job search: Well I have finally deleted MacEwan emails from 200 to 64. I have gone through all of them and am able to get some ideas on where to apply. I could apply to University of Alberta, because MacEwan emails had a lot of job postings from them. I don't know. I feel like I won't get the job because the University is so elite. That's putting obstacles in front of yourself. I must find something I can be creative in.

Stupid criminals: I read in the Edmonton Journal, this woman was going to be carjacked with her 2 kid daughters in the backseat. She gave the keys to the carjacker and asked if he knew how to drive a stick shift. He didn't and apologized, and threw the keys back.

I read in the Metro that this 17 yr old guy was robbing a few banks and got $2000. He said he was "inspired to do it by reading newspapers." He thought it was easy, and he could get away with it. That is stupid. He does get a pass because his brain isn't really finished developing and he doesn't know the consequences. He was sentenced to 14 months.

News: In other news, Australia is going to shoot 6,000 camels because they overran a small town of 350 people. The camels were looking for waters, and they totally trashed the town. I find this overkill to kill that many camels because they have been doing this for weeks.I hear about a bear kills a human, and the bear gets killed. The camels contaminated supplies. What's the other solution? The people should all move into the city?

Inspiration: I read my horoscopes in 24: "You've lined up all the all your ducks and everything is ready to go. What's holding you back? Perhaps the familiar is more comforting than the unexpected."

I have an epiphany. I want to see a psychic so I could get inspiration. I was really inspired by psychic Nadia, though I did give her a hard time. lol. I was very skeptic with her.

No comments: