Sunday, November 1, 2009

costume/ kidsploition/ cathexis

Oct. 30 Costume: Today I was on the bus, and I saw a guy dressed as the Kool Aid jug. You know he's pink with a smiley face. He was on the street. lol.

Joke: I was thinking about that online dating guy who asked me sexual questions. It reminded me of a joke I heard on the TV show 2gether about a fictional boy band. Chad (Noah Bastian) and Mickey (Alex Solowitz) in a scene together.

Chad: I never kissed a girl before.
Mickey: But you've had had sex right?
lol. That was stupid, but it gets a pass because it's fictional and it's trying to be funny.

Stupid criminals: I read in 24 yesterday about how this guy was dressed up like a clown, and he was driving drunk. Then he hit a police car. Stupidity.

Unintentionally funny: Today I did a survey for MacEwan. I did one a couple of weeks ago, but this time this a different survey. It's kind of funny. I go to work, and I get people to do surveys, and now I'm on the receiving end of one. lol. You should all do surveys. Maybe it's because I've done call centres, so I do feel sympathy.

Nickelback: It's weird, I never really liked this rock band since they came out in 2001. I remember writing in an email back in 2005 and just talking to Justin about it last weekend. It was about how I like 91.7 The Bounce radio station. In 2005, there was the radio station 96X and then it changed from Top 40 to country. 96X always played Nickelback.

I had changed to the Bounce because they play Top 40, but more dance, R&B, and no rock. 96X changed, and then the Bounce started playing Nickelback. It's like I can never get away from them. Well I don't hate them, I'm not interested.

This morning I was checking what's on TV tonight, and then Nickelback came on. I decided to stay. The vid was "I'd Come for You." I liked the vid because there's a good story with it. You got drama, tension, and action. You can look it up on Youtube or I'll spoil the story for you in the next paragraph.

Cut to a teen girl leaving her house, and her dad is at the door. She says goodbye, and he asks "Who's that?" She doesn't answer, so she just enters the car. She and the guy are driving and then they pull over. They kiss a bit, but then he pushes her to do more. She then calls her dad's cell phone, he picks up. There is no answer. Then he hangs up, and gets a text that says 77. I thought it was really creative, because then the dad looks at the framed pic of the daughter, and the guy. They're both wearing baseball jerseys that have 7 on them. Dad gets into his truck and drives and pulls up to the car.

The dad pulls out the boyfriend, and punches him in the face. He pulls the key out of the ignition, hugs his daughter. Boyfriend comes at him with a tire iron, dad turns around, blocks the bf's hand with the tire iron. Dad then punches him again in the face, and throws the car keys away.

Dad takes his daughter home. Simple story, but I liked it. It kind of reminds me of 3 Doors Down video "Let Me Go." I told you about it, because Ed the Sock made fun of it. How a guy finds out his gf is a stripper, and he acts like he's not happy about it. Well then it turns out the gf is doing this, because she has a baby to support.

Kidsploition: I was reading an article about "Kidsplotion" about kids being exploited for TV. It's because of that balloon boy. They talked a bit about Kid Nation. I only saw one ep of the reality TV series where you get 50 kids living together on this small town and see how they run things.

People like to watch kids, because they're cute, funny, and unpredictable. But they don't know about being exploited. In the article it said something about some kids were recruited so they could get exposure because they're actors and models. Some kids were recruited from private schools because they're smart and were told they could change the world if they do this kind of show.

I remember watching Jay Leno, and sometimes they have kids as the guests. I don't feel the kids were exploited. They were in for a short time showcasing talent. They had one 9 yr old boy who wrote a short book and got it published. They interviewed this 6 yr old Asian boy who plays the piano beautifully. The interview was kind of funny.

Jay: So I heard you recently graduated out of kindergarten?
Kid: No, college! Uh, just kidding.
It's so cute how he had to quickly add "Just kidding" in case anyone believes a 6 yr old can really graduate out of college.

Jay Leno: I read in the Journal that his show is doing 30% less ratings than his competitors. However, it's okay because his show is cheap to produce.

In other entertainment news, I read that the Flashforward supervising producer has been fired, and now they're going with more of Heroes- esque show. Make it more sci- fi instead of a soap opera.

Russian Road Roulette: I read this in 24. It's where people bet on cars to speed through red lights in busy intersections and not hit other cars or pedestrians. That is really bad driving. It kind of sounds like a good idea for a movie, but it has been done: The Fast and the Furious.

Recession: Burger King isn't doing really well during the recession. However, McDonald's is good with their $1 menu. Though I have read all 3 locations in Iceland is now closing. The newspaper the National Post hasn't been making a lot of profit since it came out in 1998 and may have to lay off 277 employees.

Dance: Remember in So You Think You Can Dance season 4? The runner up was Twitch (Stephen Boss.) He's in a movie playing the antagonist Taz in Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming.

Oct. 31 Unoriginal: I was watching Flashpoint yesterday, and Gina Holden was in it. She played a woman who tried to leave this cult. GH has been on many Canadian shows like Blood Ties, Flash Gordon, and Harper's Island. I felt this ep was unoriginal with the cult leader going to murder everybody by putting them in a building and setting ammonia in it.

I've seen this on Dollhouse, but where they were setting the place on fire. Also on Criminal Minds where everybody drank this poison. Well it's probably based on real life story of Waco about a cult and the place was set on fire. Though I will say Flashpoint, Dollhouse, and Criminal Minds are all very well- written shows.

The Listener: During the commercial breaks, I watched The Listener. Then it occurred to me that I don't really have a favorite episode of this show. I was talking to my friend Ray about it and she says it's "well- written." It's on Fridays at 5pm on Space.

Nov. 1 McDonald's: I told you earlier that all 3 McDonald's in Iceland are closing down. Well I read that everybody is rushing to get their last Big Mac before it's gone forever. lol. It kind of reminds me of when I bought the last British boy band Five cd. They had three in total. I always liked them when they first came out.

In light news, I read that the TV show Trauma has gotten canceled. I did in read the Journal when it first came out, it got a bad review for their stock characters.

Cathexis: I learned a new word today. From dictionary.com, it means "the investment of emotional significance in an activity, object, or idea."

Pook: There's a new store at City Centre. It sells everything made of socks, like monkey stuff animals. It sprung up overnight this week. Maybe it's only temporary for the holiday season. I don't see how it could last longer than the holiday season.

No comments: