Tuesday, October 20, 2009

safety/ music/ heroines

Oct. 16 Safety: Today I read an article in Cosmopolitan about how a young black woman Shanai Woodward outsmarted a rapist. This guy dressed like a cop comes up to her, asks for her ID. She gave it to him, and then he arrests her. He throws her into a van.

She then manages to sit up, and then put her back to the door, and uses her hands that are still cuffed to open the door. She then falls out of a moving car. She runs to a house and kicks the door until someone answers. Then a woman goes and calls 911. They go to the cops, SW tells the story.

Then a couple years later, she read a story about it, and then goes to the police. She didn't identify the guy in a police line up. Then when she saw him with the glasses in a newspaper, she recognizes him and calls the cops. She then testify against him in court, and now he's in jail.

The tips are you can tell a cop is a fake, if he's in an unmarked car, but wearing a full uniform. If he's undercover, he wouldn't be in uniform.

If he pulls you over in a empty highway, pull up to a gas station. Keep your doors locked, and open your window a crack. Call the cops to make sure this cop called it in because they're supposed to.

A lone cop comes to your door. Cops are always in pairs. Ask him what department he's from, and then call the police to make sure that cop really is from there. If he acts angry by that, he's probably not a cop.

A lone firefighter knocks on your door lightly. If he's a real firefighter, he would have banged on the door loudly. There was news about someone starting a fire in apartments to gain access to them.

Music: I borrowed Beyonce's cd called "I'm Sasha Fierce." It's average. I liked the old school Destiny's Child music than her solo efforts. I checked out Nelly Furtado's "Mi Plan", a whole album in Porteguese. It sounds good and all, but I don't know what she's saying so I can't really judge the music. I like to know the lyrics.

I checked out Tragically Hip's cd called "We are the Same." It's a boring cd. I liked their old song "My music at work." I did buy the Donnie Klang cd a few weeks back. He's from Making the Band 4 and he's on P. Diddy's record label Bad Boy.

I like his dance songs like his single "Take You There" feat. P. Diddy, "Dr. Love" and "Hurt That Body." I like his ballads like "You're my Idol" and "Catch My Breath."

Productive: Today was my day off and I did the usual of washing my apron, and doing disk clean up on both my computers. I also helped my grandma sweep and mop the floor. I didn't go out at all today because I wanted to save money. Instead I typed up 12 pages of my script. I had written it down earlier, but today I took the time to save it onto a disk.

Research: I did a little research about the unloading boxes from a truck. I was checking out that ep of Tru Calling in my dvds. Tru's little brother Harrison works for his dad by taking pictures of criminals unloading boxes. One of them happens to be H's old friend Billy. When the day restarts, H tries to stop B from doing it.

H tells him his luck is running out, and B will get caught sooner than later. H tells him to stay at home that night. B says he'll think about it, but he does it anyway. H takes pics of B, and turns the pics to his dad. B will get arrested. B did say that the job will be $200- $300 for half an hour's work.

I actually did kind of take the idea of H taking pictures into my script. My lead character unloads boxes, and catches a photographer taking pictures of them. In my script, the characters confront him.

I was thinking about that TV show Surviving Disasters. Patrick watches it. They give you tips on how to stop a hijacking, land a plane, stop and survive a break- in, being held hostage, etc. The kind of stuff that would be a good story.

Funny: Today I was watching some Ultimate Fighting on Spike channel, and they showed a shot of Mandy Moore in the audience. I laughed at that because I didn't know she liked MMA. They also showed a shot of Usher. I've also seen Leonardo Dicaprio in the audience a month ago.

Oct. 18 Kiwi Kiss: Today the restaurant Kiwi Kiss finally opened. I remember speculating that they probably sell something like smoothies. They had that store sign since last Oct. They were actually giving out free frozen yogurts today because it's their first day. I could have tried the chocolate, but I went and tried something new. The flavor is acai (pronounced a- sy- ee).

The guy behind the counter was advertising it so well like how it's a berry from Brazil, and it's very nutritious and healthy. It has omega, fibres, etc. I got strawberries and mango with it. It tastes alright. It's good to get out of my comfort zone. I know what chocolate tastes like, do something different.

Movie: Yesterday I read a review in the Journal about The Stepfather. It has Amber Heard playing the girlfriend to the lead again. She played the girlfriend in Never Back Down. The review said she looked hot wearing skimpy clothes. Onto the movie, did you know that this movie is a remake of 1987 movie with the same title?

It talked about how there was no mystery to this movie. The thing you're waiting for is how long will Penn Badgley's character figure out that his step dad is evil? There should be a mystery to the movie. Kind of like how on Harper's Island, the audience and the characters don't know who the killer is. At first you think it's the groom's little brother JD, until he gets killed off. Then you think it's the fisherman. Then it turns out it was the groom all along at the 2nd to last episode.

It's bad to have the audience be too ahead of the character(s). The audience will think the characters are stupid. I'm thinking about my script where characters do keep secrets from each other. But no one seems really stupid for not figuring it out. There are little clues thrown in here and there. It depends if they pick up on it, and how they take it.

Oct. 19 Heroines: I was thinking about heroines. They are often tough, independent girls. The three I list have those traits, but they also have different looks. You got Buffy the Vampire Slayer. A blonde girl who kills vampires, but also go to high school and has fun.

You got Max from Dark Angel. She is a government experiment to create a super soldier. She lives in a post- apocalyptic world and fights corruption in the year 2020. There is Sydney from Alias. That is a show that is really based on reality instead of in a world with vampires and demons. Sydney works for the CIA to fight terrorism.

Also Jamie from Bionic Woman. A regular woman, but then later put in these mechanics in her to become a super hero. Now I have to think up a hero that doesn't have super powers or things that are too sci- fi.

Oct. 20 Job: Today I went and did my job training at Malatest. When I called home to tell them I won't be home for dinner, my sister picked up. When I got home she totally remembered how "they jerked me around." How back in 2007, I did one day of training, and then they went and hired somebody else. If they did end up jerking me around this time around, well then I still get paid for this one day of training. And I will send this out in an email/ blog and tell everybody about it.

Charity: I read in 24 today that Edmontonians are sending out food, clothes, hygenic goods to the 3J Variety Store 10821 23 Ave.

Celeb news: I also read that Nicolas Cage is experiencing financial difficulties because of his business manager who didn't manage his money well at all.

In funny news, I heard that Octomom (Nadya Suleman) has a crush on Jon Gosselin.

Rubick's cube: I read in the Metro that there is the Rubick Cube Hungarian Open Championships. There is a guy who "solved 9 cubes blindfolded after memorizing all of them in Budapest, Hungary." The guy was blindfolded, and had headphones. Damn, that's good.

Even better than that Asian guy who solved a rubick's cub in 10.3 seconds. He was on Jay Leno back in 2006.

No comments: