Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hide and Seek/ inspirational/ Scream 2009

Oct. 25 Hide and Seek: Last night I saw the horror movie Hide and Seek. It stars Robert DeNiro as a dad who lost his wife, and how he moves his daughter (Dakota Fanning) and himself to a new home outside of the city. The good is that it had good acting, story, and the big plot twist at the end. The plot twist was so good, it was like the one in The Sixth Sense. I was impressed with it. It was very creative.

The bad is that there is too much drama, and not enough scares. There are a few good scares here and there. This movie kind of reminded me of White Noise. Both horror movies with lots of drama. I still recommend you watch it for the plot twist.

Postsecret.com:
I was on this site reading secrets and one person said that he is writing his secret by sending an email because he can't afford a stamp and a postcard. He and his family are living in a storage unit illegally and it gets very cold at night. He says he knows it's his fault.

I guess I need to think of this the next time I feel angry. I could be worse.

Tosh.O: Hey guys, one of my favorite summer shows is back. It came back at the beginning of this month. I was like: "Damn, I missed the first 2 eps." Well at least I get to watch it now. Daniel Tosh had cut his hair, and it's more of a shaved look. I don't know, now that two months have gone by since the last time I saw his show, the show seemed to lost it's lustre.

As in, it doesn't seem that funny anymore. It's interesting to see Dan wear a cardigan instead of a hoodie like he always wears.

Oct. 26 Job: Today I went and actually worked at Malatest. The first hour was frustrating because I didn't know what to do. Then I did training by listening to this Asian girl Mary interview. After that, I was then able to actually get a complete in the morning. Afterwards, I got 2 people who did some of the survey, and a lot of people refusing to do the survey.

Analyze: This job seems to have lost it's lustre. The last time I worked at call centres were Ipsos and Leger in 2006. Then I did that one day of training at Malatest in 2007. Basically it's been a few years since I have done call centres. After the initial frustration was gone, it was pretty boring. At least I'm not angry and I don't feel overworked.

Banks: I read in the Metro today that 106 US banks closed down this year. Dozens or hundreds of banks are still open even though they are really weak, so expect some more to close down.

Dance: I was watching some of the American So You Think You Can Dance. They have a new stage for their 6th season and it's in Hollywood. This is the first time they have this show on during the fall, it's usually in the summer. There was one last summer, but if they want more money, the fine do two seasons this year.

Oct. 27 Writing: I remember reading Metro where they talked about the hoax of the balloon boy. It said: "There is an anti- climatic ending when the boy was hiding in the attic."

Me: Yeah an anti- climatic ending is like "it was all a dream."
When I told this to Ray, she laughed.

Goods: Today at work, was better. Yesterday I only got 1 complete. I got 5 completes. One was kind of freebie because it was half completed.

Then my dad and I talked about it, and how you should think right now I'm saving a lot, but you have to think of the future and how to survive on wages.

Inspirational:
I was reading about Hilary Swank and her movie about Amelia Heart. She says: "I guess what I took away is- you only live once so you might as well be doing what you love. I think if Amelia was alive today she'd still be ahead of her time. My life's just richer walking around with her in my heart."

Swank actually learned how to fly: "You can't be Amelia Earhart without flying a plane. When you're a kid, there are so many firsts that you are experiencing all the time, like how to read or how to ride a bike, and they are euphoric. But when you're a grownup, there's not a lot of firsts anymore. I learned how to fly for the film and it was euphoric because it took me back to that feeling I had learning how to ride a bike. You are completely immersed, and it's dangerous, it's adventurous, it's all of the things that I love that I think Amelia loved."

Rant: Here's a mild rant. The new computer wasn't working, and it deleted all our bookmarks. I was annoyed that it deleted my Secret Life of the American Teenager twop.com thread. I watch the show on Youtube, and then read people's comments dissing it. Now I don't know what page the thread is on. Maybe twop will kind of still have it if I log on, but I don't know.

H1N1: I read in the paper that it's like 3-4 hr wait to get the H1N1 shot because there are only 5 sites in this big of city. There should be way more.

Now I got this weird flashback of Scary Movie 3. In the beginning, Pamela Anderson and Jenny McCarthy are making fun of The Ring. The phone is ringing on the wall.

JM: Wow, that is so weird. There is only 1 phone in this big of a house.

Dream: The other rant is that my dad's alarm went off when he wasn't there, and it woke up my sister so she turned it off. Then it went off again, and then I had to turn it off. There were two alarms on that one clock. It woke me from this dream. Something about trying to put out a fire on a bus, and then there was another fire on a second bus. I then left because I realized I couldn't put out the fire.

Something about Sylar (Zachary Quinto) from Heroes in my bed. Well I was watching that show last night. lol.

Oct. 28 Psychic: I was talking to my dad yesterday, and he said a call centre is one step above than working at a restaurant. That brings me to think of that psychic Nadia. Well she said I would get an office job Feb. or Mar. 2010. A call centre is kind of like an office job. So did I prove her wrong? Well this job isn't bad.

Zillions: In other random thoughts, I thought about the old kids magazine called Zillions. It was a kids magazine, and it was educational and fun. I learned a lot. I remember way back in 2000, you can submit comments on their website about these fall TV shows. I wrote a comment about Dark Angel, and they put it up. lol.

If I remember correctly, the other kids reviews were average about it. I do remember reading reviews of Noah Knows Best. It was created by the Ken Lipman who also did the show The Secret World of Alex Mack which I really liked. I gave the Noah show a good review. I found it average. It was a comedy, but I remember only laughing once. The lead guy Phillip Glen Van Dyke was cute.

Coincidentally, Jessica Alba from Dark Angel was also on Alex Mack playing a mean girl in the first season. I remember way back in 2002, I saw some Alex Mack on Realplayer. JA is 13 years old on the show, but her voice is the same. Zillions.org then went online which is how a lot of magazines kind of stay afloat even though it folded.

Scream 2009: Patrick was checking out what's on Spike, and Scream 2009 was on. It's an awards show for mainly horror flicks. It was fun like Teen Choice Awards and MTV Movie Awards. The award is a stake, but like made of a black stone. There are Best Horror Actor, Best Horror Actress. The nominees and winners were like Taylor Lautner from Twilight, Anna Paquin from True Blood. In the audience, I saw The Vampire Diaries Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley.

There were a lot of people dressed up in their Halloween costumes. One of the best parts was when they said farewell to Battlestar Galatica. They had the cast there, and it was good to see one of my fave actors Michael Trucco there. He didn't say anything in the mike. I don't watch BSG, I just like MT.

No comments: