Tuesday, September 22, 2009

lookalike/ Watchmen/ job interview

Sept. 20 Look alike: There is this girl Nicole who comes into the restaurant. She's been here a dozen times, it's not until recently I realized who she looked like.
Me: Do you know who you look like?
N: No, who?
Me: You know the girl group Danity Kane? You look like Aundrea.
N: I don't know. Is that a good thing?
Me: Yes.
N: And they're singers?
Me: Yeah. They have a song called "Damaged."

Today she came by, and she did some researching, and wasn't sure who I was talking about. I then wrote it down for her so she could look it up.

Writing: I'm working on a story. In the script I'm selling, the lead character is a guy and he has a talent, and the bad guy uses it. In this story, the lead character is a girl, and the bad guy uses her talent. Two different talents, but they are both illegal.

I was thinking about how a girl should have a secret past or a secret job and she has to hide it from people. What could it be? I thought of stripping and prostitution, but that is unoriginal.

I've seen this occur on The Young and the Restless. The girl Brittany is like a singer/ stripper and later her friend JT finds out.Then her dad finds out and disapproves. Then her boyfriend Raul finds out and he doesn't like it. That reminds me of Ed the Sock dissing Three Doors Down video "Let Me Go" which has the same storyline.

Ed: So this guy finds out his girlfriend is a stripper, and he acts like he isn't even happy about it. Oh, c'mon I would be.Well if the boyfriend is happy about it, then there is no conflict, which means no story.

I've also seen Confessions of a Go- Go Girl. It was a TV movie on the Women's Network, but I liked it. Sure, the lead character works at a strip club, and her boyfriend and dad showed up and saw her there.

Dad: I don't expect to see my daughter there.
Girl: Yeah well all those girls are someone else's daughter.

Watchmen: I rented the movie Watchmen yesterday. Interesting how I was talking about how I didn't like Sin City with my friend Dan because it was too 18+. This movie was kind of like that too. It was really dark and violent. My other nitpick is that this movie is way too long. It's like 3 hours long.

I like the special effects. I was impressed with that and the fight scenes. There were quite a few surprises in it. I won't spoil anything for you. It's also cool to see Patrick Wilson in it as the Night Owl. I've seen him before playing a bad guy in Hard Candy.

There is a lot of violence and death. I say both men and women get killed, and good and bad guys get killed. There was like no discrimination. The story was creative and it had a good ending.

DVD: I tried to rent Red Belt, but then I put the dvd in my playstation 2, and it said: "Unable to read disk." Then I used the old toothpaste on a q- tip trick. Put the toothpaste on the q- tip, and the rub it all around the disk. I saw that on the TV show Street Cents, and read that in Seventeen magazine.

I used that to fix a cd I got from the library. I then put the dvd back in, and it started playing the commercials and showed the dvd menu. But then when the movie was supposed to start playing, it says: "Unable to read disk." So I fixed a little bit of it. I then returned it on the same day and then rented Watchmen instead.

News: I was reading in Metro about how there is a couple that bragged that they shoplifted toys, and then sold them on Ebay so they could support themselves and three kids. They were then arrested. They were on the TV show Dr. Phil. That's only more proof that the show is crap, but at least they got arrested. The article says that they have gotten jobs now.

I told this to Patrick and he and I thought the same thing: stupid criminals. I found this on Yahoo. It's about a guy who robs a house, and then during it he checks his Facebook account. He then leaves without even logging out of his account. The victim then uses his photo, tells the cops, and through Facebook managed to track him down. Now he's arrested. Ha, ha!

Dream: I had a weird dream last night where I was watching a Maury show about abusive husbands. I have never dreamt of the show before, at least I don't remember. I haven't seen this show since summer 2008 when I relapsed and saw 3 min. of it because Joey Grecco was showing his clips from his TV show Cheaters.

I read in Metro that that world's population will go to 9 billion people by 2050. More than 90% of that will come from developing countries. That's because they don't have access to birth control.

Funny: I'm watching Gossip Girl right now and they're playing the song "Good Girls Go Bad" by Cobra Starship feat. Leighton Meester. I thought that was funny, because LM is Blair on the TV show and they're playing it in her scene.

Saying: I found this in Metro: Ghandi said: "Success is not happiness. Happiness is success. If you are doing what you love, you are successful."

Horoscopes: In Metro it said: "Why are you thinking so much about past mistakes? The only thing that matters, today and everyday from now on, is the future."

In 24 it said: "The oak doesn't look at bamboo and wish it was thinner, and the bamboo doesn't look at the oak and wish for more girth. They both just grow."

Imagination: I use my imagination a lot for my writing. I imagine where that guy I was chatting with from that online dating site is at. You know the one who asked me questions about sex. I can probably write a scene where he is hanging out with his friend. This is probably his point of view.

Guy: So this girl and I were talking about MMA, TV, and movies. Then I asked her questions like "Have you ever had sex before?" And she's like "No." Like, oh my God. I don't care if she is hot, but she has never had sex before. I can't go out with a girl who has never had sex before.
His friends are probably laughing at me. That's fine, because I told this IM chat to my friends, and they are laughing at him.

MMA:
In the Metro they did book reviews. They reviewed The Long Shot by Katie Kitamura. It turns out there are a lot of books about MMA. Though I feel that I overdosed on it.

Sept. 22 Job interview: Yesterday I went to the job interview at Malatest. They asked the same questions. I was interviewed by a different guy this time. Last time it was a young girl. 103 resumes this year, and only 2 interviews. Well at least I got a job.

Anyway, I did a test just like last time. This time there were more questions and it was harder. Do you remember BEDMAS? You know jr. high math? It stands for Brackets, E?, Division, Multiply, Addition, Subtraction. The guy Jaspal didn't exactly tell me how many people are up against for a number of positions there.There are 30 people in total. I did tell them the truth that I don't totally speak Cantonese fluently. He did tell me that I will be asking people questions that I can translate to Cantonese. I even told them about that time in May 2007, on how I got hired and did training, and then they went and hired someone else. It's good to start anything with honesty. The test also had these more logic questions of reading a map.

Funny and rude: I was watching The Mentalist, and then there's a phone call interrupting during the show. I picked up the phone and this guy asked for my grandma.
Me: She doesn't speak English.
Guy: Yeah, well I'm part of the Conservative party and-
Me: You want money?
(I know I was being blunt and interrupting him right there, but I felt like I should cut to the chase).
Guy: Yes, well eventually. We're going to have an election soon and we would like your help. Are you willing to donate to us?
Me: No.
Guy: Okay. I'll let you go.
Me: Well have a nice day.
Guy: You too.
lol.

No comments: