Monday, September 28, 2009

fun/ writing/ Beau Mirchoff

Sept. 26 Fun: I took a big step today. After work, I went to Sorrentino's and talked with Justin for an hour. I bought Gelato there and tried it for the first time. It's ice cream so it's not too different. It's worth $2.31 there. It was funny.

As usual, there's soccer on the flat screen TV.

Me: Did you know that there is such thing as the Lingerie Soccer League?
J: No.
Me: I heard it on the radio, and the DJ says: "This is exactly as it sounds. Is there a perv row where you can throw loonies at them?"
J: It's in the US right?
Me: Yeah, one of teams is called the Dallas Desires. Are you going to show the Olympics here?
J: I don't know.

Me: So how old are you? 25?
J: No, I actually turned 24 last week.
Me: I'm 24 too. So you work at another job during the week right? Where? At a bank?
J: Yes.
Me: TD?
J: No, Scotiabank.

Me: I used to work at bank, for about a month. I wasn't good at it. Have you ever heard of the joke: "Do you work at a bank? Because you sure raised my interest!"
J (laughs): No, I have not heard of that one.

I learned a lot about him. He's from Calgary, and he has a little brother which makes him the oldest in his family. He went to the University of Alberta to take business.

Me: Why didn't you go to U of C (Calgary)?
J: Because U of A is better.
Me: Oh c'mon, all my cousins in Calgary went to the university there and took business. Except one who took science, but still went to university. My big sister and my little brother took business at the U of A.
J: And you took writing so that makes you like the black sheep in the family?
Me: Yes, I guess. I'm not an overachiever.

I even pitched my script that I'm selling, to Justin. We talked about movies like how he likes Edward Norton, and Johnny Depp.

Me: I saw Watchmen.
J: I saw it, and liked it.
Me: It was too 18+ for me, like Sin City.
J: It was good.
Me: Have you seen The Spirit?
J: It was average. I liked the part where Samuel L. Jackson was punching this guy multiple times and you know it was a dummy.
J laughs.

He's pretty smart.

Me: Do you know where Bogata is?
J: The capital of Columbia?
Me: Yes. How did you know that?
J: My parents bought me a computer game that I played and it taught us the capitals. Oh yeah, "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?"
I laughed.

He even knew who Louis Riel was. I can't quite remember his answer, but it was correct.

J: Didn't he die or something?
Me: Yeah, he was hanged. I remember in college, the teacher asked us that and all 20 of us didn't know the answer. Then the teacher Scott said: "Yeah, well I'm sure all of you learned about him in Social Studies." I'm like: "Yeah, well it was a long time ago." The whole class laughs at me, I guess they thought I was joking around. Scott saw me and he knew that I wasn't joking around and he looked like he was trying to not laugh at me.

Sept. 27 Dance: I read that the America's Best Dance Crew 4 season winner is We Are Heroes. It's the first time an all- girl dance crew won. There are 5 girls so they can split that $100, 000 prize evenly.

Sept. 18 Writing: Today I woke up this morning and thought I should go and send out my script to the guy who asked for it a couple of weeks ago. I went home and printed out the submission form, and the 97 page script. I also printed out the email to refresh their memory. Then I read the email again, and it said they wanted the synopsis, and not the whole script.

I was like: "Damn it! I printed out 97 pages for nothing!" Well it could be my back up unless my 3.5 floppy disk craps out which has the latest draft of it. Anyway, I sent the submission form, synopsis, and email to them through snail mail. They need to see that I signed the submission form.

Why did I wait 2 weeks before I sent it out? Well I was waiting because there is this woman Diane who was reading it, and I thought I should hear her feedback before I go and send it to someone else. I remember way back in March, I sent the script out to two companies. If I only waited until one of them got back to me, and read the feedback, I would then have edited it and improved it. Then I could have sent the improved script to the 2nd company and they wouldn't have rejected me.

Well you never know. Anyway, I would have to wait until Diane to get back to me in mid October. I might as well go and send out my synopsis to someone who asked for it anyway.

Flashback: I got this flashback of the talent show when I was in gr.9. The drama/ LA/ Social studies teacher Mr. Mack was performing the Green Day song "Time of your Life" on his acoustic guitar. Then I remembered when I was in gr.11 there was the teacher Mr. Pryzwitt and he was playing his acoustic guitar and singing the same song in class. This time though a couple of smokers held up their lighters during the performance. lol.

Music: I borrowed the Black Eyed Peas cd "The END." I love their dance songs like "Rock that Body", "Imma Be", "Alive", "Ring a Ling." You should check it out. I'm not really a fan of them. In fact I was bored of their songs "Boom Boom Pow." The cd is good.

Vampires: I was watching Conan O' Brien.

C: You know vampires?
The audience cheers.
C: With all the popularity of Twilight, True Blood, and The Vampire Diaries, I got myself a vampire to be my assistant.
Cut to the vampire who is this hot guy and he's pale, with dark hair. He was wearing a vest without a shirt underneath. He's brooding.

C: Can you get me a coffee?
Vamp: Sure.
He stands there.
C: Well aren't you going to go get it? What's wrong?
Vamp: You wouldn't undersand. No one would.
Vamp runs out of the studio into the sunlight, and he bursts into flames.
The subtitle says: "1569- Today."
C: Well it looks like I'm not going to get my coffee.
lol.

Beau Mirchoff: I was watching Desperate Housewives last night, and then I saw this cute guy there. He's the new boy next door. I then looked him up and see that his name is Beau Mirchoff. I saw his picture of him on the TV show Heartland. I then totally remembered him. He was in the first season. It's been a couple of years since I seen him.

He was there for 6 eps. I noticed that he was cute, but he was competing with Ty (Graham Wardle) who is a series regular and is in every episode. He's from Seattle, but he then moved to Vancouver so that explains why he was on a Alberta TV show. All I can really remember was that he hooked up with the girl Ashley on the show.

Desperate Housewives: It looks pretty good in this new ep. There is a good line with Carl saying to Bree: "You would rather be good than happy." It looks like BM's character may have attacked Julie.

They showed next ep's promos with BM.

Mom: How does a fish get caught?
BM: By opening it's mouth.
That's some good dialogue.

Inspired: I read the headline of an article about The Cleveland Show. It's a spinoff from Family Guy. The headline says it's one of the few shows out there that have a minority character that anchors the show. The script I'm selling has a white guy as the lead, and an Asian girl as the sidekick. This time, I'm going with the Asian woman as the lead.

There are two shows I can think of that Asian woman as the lead. All- American Girl, a sitcom starring comedianne Margaret Cho. The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo starring Irene Ng. I never saw the first, but I did see the latter.

Back to Cleveland. I saw the pilot, and it was average. Kind of like American Dad and Family Guy since they're all from the same creator Seth MacFarlane. Cleveland is a likeable lead.

5 comments:

Pessa said...

Enjoy the Beau Mirchoff with the great session. You can find the previous posts with this session. You can get the real pattern of this field. With the link of http://www.articlesummarizer.net/summarize-an-article-is-easy-with-us/ you can enjoy the radio and the other structures of this field.

Smu said...

These flashbacks provide you the success stories of your elders and you need to learn from the mistake syou have made and use that useful link for the rest of the life you have.

Sabi said...

You are watchman of your skills which can be used in different posts of http://dissertation.proposalwritingservice.com/ to make your own one.

fjg said...

For the fun zone of the microsoft you can easily enjoy the new field of the watchmen and the other links of the job interviews. Just find this website more useful and enjoy all the best strategies here with the nice deals.

Gkh said...

At start no body is good at that but as the time passes, they start learning about the http://www.spellingcheck.info/what-is-the-best-grammar-correction-software/ and then they can us that in their interest in the best possible way.