Monday, August 31, 2009

saying/ The Number 23/ National Treasure

Aug. 29 Sayings: You know how I said in Fighting that none of the dialogue was memorable? What's interesting is that I watched the deleted scenes, and there was one good line. It's where one of the opposing managers Martinez talks to Shawn.

M: You sell peanuts, you only make peanuts.

That should inspire me to get an office job.

In Screenwriting for Dummies, there is this line on page 262: "Everything worth anything in life involves risk, fear, and struggle. This is where persistence comes in. Keep writing: success can strike at any time."

Hoarders: There is this new TV show on A&E called Hoarders. It's kind of like Intervention where people have problems, and then they have to be helped. I saw a bit of Hoarders where people collect a bunch of stuff, and never throw anything out. It kind of reminded me of a Dr Phil ep. It was back when I was trying to quit, and that ep was one of the few that didn't get me angry.

However, I probably won't watch this show anymore because I'm trying to cut down on TV. A good thing is that I read that Big Brother in the UK is getting cancelled because of low ratings. Maybe they'll cancel the American one and I can then for sure quit. Well I didn't really watch any this season except some of the first ep, so good for me.

But damn, I saw the commercials for it and I felt like I missed something. One girl got expelled from the house because she broke the rules. She covered the cameras and did something else. Then one girl started arguments with people and got evicted.

Luke Macfarlane: I saw him on Iron Road, and that's it. He is handsome, and he's Canadian (Ontario). I did learn that he's gay and he's dating Wentworth Miller. I didn't know that WM was gay, but I can believe it.

Check out LM's pic:
http://www.gaynity.com/wiki/images/5/53/Luke_Macfarlane.jpg

Funny: Iron Road did have some unintentionally funny moments. Well Tiger (Sun Li) was a woman pretending to be a man, and then she hits on James by telling him that she has feelings for him. J thinks that T is a guy and is hitting on him so he is irked by it. Then T tells J that she's a woman. I thought that it was funny now that I know that LM is gay.

Another funny thing was when T and J are hugging each other goodbye. I noticed that LM was bending his knees a bit. SL was on her tip toes so she could get her head over his shoulder in the hug.

Aug. 30 Danijel Mandic: I saw an ep of Flashpoint and it was a really good ep. In the pilot, it had Hugh Dillon's character Ed Lane shoot a man who was holding his wife hostage. Then in the season 2, ep 4, they did a follow up on it. They profiled the man's son who wants to kill Ed Lane for revenge. The son's name is Petar, played by Danijel Mandic. He is Eastern European.

It was a crazy ep because Petar comes from a war torn country and knows how to shoot like a sniper does. Here's a pic of DM in the centre, posed with the 2 actors from the show.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm807045120/nm2973214

Today I was watching Degrassi Goes to Hollywood, and DM actually makes an appearance as a soldier. Ellie was at the airport, and DM was in his army clothes and is reunited with his family.

Jason Mewes: Also from watching Degrassi, Jason Mewes was in the movie as himself. I have never heard of his name before. It turns out he's Silent Bob in Jay and Silent Bob with Kevin Smith. Well in the movies, he's always wearing a wig, a toque and grunge clothes, so I never really noticed him.

But you take the wig, and the grunge clothes off, and he's hot. There was a scene where he was wearing a muscle shirt and it showed all his tattoos. Check out a pic of him:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm807045120/nm2973214

Degrassi: When I saw the trailer for the TV movie, I had to watch it. It's good. Dan Levy from MTV Canada plays a producer. Vivica A. Fox and Perez Hilton makes appearances as themselves. The movie is mainly where Paige (Lauren Collins) becomes the star of a movie. However, she learns that if she becomes a diva, things can be taken away from her.

Don't read any further if you don't want to be spoiled: Manny does her audition poorly. Then she goes and auditions again. This time she has to go all the way over to LA to audition. She, Mia, Jay, Peter, Sav, and Danny drive a school bus to get there. Manny gains some confidence on her way there. She actually gets the part at the end.

What was funny, was that they made a shout out to Shenae Grimes. SG played Darcy on the show, and then left to do 90210. One of the characters mention her name in passing. lol.

Ellie bumps into an old flame Craig. They kind of get together at the end of the movie. Overall it was really good.

The Number 23: I saw this movie The Number 23 last night, and I was really impressed by it. Jim Carrey can play serious roles. It's like suspense and thriller. J plays Walter Sparrow and he finds a book that is called The Number 23. He becomes obsessed with the number and the book. The book was so eerily similar to his life.

Sparrow then has to solve the mystery of who wrote the book, because the book was about a killer. S tries to find the author to find the killer. It's a really good mystery. S does a lot of investigating with help from his wife and pre- teen kid. There was good misdirection on who really wrote the book.

The ending was amazing. S even says in a voice over: "This is not a happy ending. But a right ending." That's true. I really liked it, I recommend you all watch it. I liked the ending because it's about righting wrongs, and correcting mistakes. It's something that I would do. And maybe a lot of people would do it too if they were in that situation.

Aug. 31 National Treasure: I saw this movie last night starring Nicholas Cage. It's pretty good. It's 3 hours long. It's a fun adventure movie. There's good comedy in it. There is a lot of conflict in it and it's a wild ride to watch it.

NC plays a treasure hunter named Ben Gates. He has to find the biggest national treasure that is supposedly hidden somewhere in the world. With a series of clues, he follows the trail to find it. The first conflict is that he has to steal the Declaration of Independence to be able to find the treasure. He doesn't want to steal it, but he has to steal it or the bad guys will get it.

Ben has his funny sidekick Riley played by Justin Bartha. It turns out JB was in the bad movie Gigli and he was playing the retarded man who was taken as a hostage. I have never seen him before besides watching the movie trailer. He's 31, and he's dating Ashley Olsen, says imdb.com.

Then we have Diane Kruger who plays the love interest Abigail. A works at the museum that holds the Declaration of Independence. Jon Voight plays Ben's dad who did look for the treasure, and then quit. This movie came out in 2004. This is a smart movie. I recommend you watch it, and maybe I'll check out the second one called National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007).

Music: I borrowed the Pussycat Dolls cd called "Doll Domination." I like songs like "When Grow Up", "Elevator", "Whatchamacallit", "Love the Way You Love Me", "Take Over the World."

Job: It was crazy busy today. The summer is ending, and it always gets busier in the fall. Two people didn't show up for work, but at least one person was able to come and help out.

Quote: I was also thinking about Fighting again and there is a line that's good: "Be ready for business, be business ready."

Food: I tried out some Ukranian food last week. I went to Shumka at Kingsway. I had a perogie there. The last time I had perogies was way back in 1999 for the student council meeting. How I remember that? Well I remember a lot of things. The Shumka perogies were good. The chicken was good. The saukarat was not good. It was like a vegetable.

No comments: