Sunday, August 16, 2009

article/ psychic/ funny

SUNDAY, AUGUST 16, 2009

article/ psychic/ funny

Aug. 14 Article: I wrote this down last summer: "Write article for Job Classified." But what do I write? Let's take a trip down memory lane. I mainly worked in retail, restaurants, call centres, a teacher's assistant, and a stint at a big company.

I read articles for jobs in 24. The last article I read was this guy being sarcastic. Telling people to fire employees without any notice or reason. Make them guess why they're firing you. Make vague remarks about someone being laid off before you do it.

I remember one article on Yahoo, it was a couple of years ago. This woman wrote about it being good to be a job hopper. If you work at a place for 18 months, it's totally okay to quit and then you can go on a vacation. Then come back for another job. A lot of comments were: "I don't know if you're being sarcastic." "That is bad to be a job hopper."

I was going through the past jobs I had. How I was hired at a cafe, and then it turns out they didn't even need me. When I worked there for 3 days, I was the outcast. The three workers there were in the late 20s, and Arabs. I was the Asian girl in my early 20s. There were 3 people, and they could totally manage on their own. So they fired me.

Summer 2007 was the worst summer. If I only had taken that Call Centre #4 job. It paid $10.50/hr. I then went with Call Centre #3 which paid $10.92/hr. They gave me one day of training. Then next week I called to get my schedule. They said they didn't really hire me, because they found someone who doesn't need as much training as I did. Does that even count as a job if I had one day of training? Well at least I got paid for it.

When I called  Call Centre #4 back because Call Centre #3 didn't work out, they said they already hired somebody else. Maybe even if I went to #4, it still wouldn't work out. I'll never know.

I did learn a lot that summer. I took that Big Department job, though I knew it would mean I would have to wake up at 6am to get there. I was desperate for a job. Then I did quit. The lesson is if there is a major thing you don't like about it, like waking up early, you shouldn't take the job. I took it because I thought I could wake up early, and I did.

If you have any ideas for an article about jobs, email me. Everything above was brainstorming. I am looking at www.jobclassified.ca and I could email my article to info@mediaclassified.ca.

How to Save Money: I'm watching Tyra right now, and it's about saving money. The tip is that you can get free memberships for gyms. You can try out a gym for free for a week. Friends may have buddy passes, and you can go and work out there. Enter sweepstakes. I remember watching Doc Zone about it. Tyra talked to a woman who won a $25, 000 trip to France.

I entered into 10 different sweepstakes to win a free cd. I finally won one, and that was the Mandy Moore "I Wanna Be With You."

Movies: It was a month or so ago, but I was talking to my friend Angela about movies. I then went and analyzed how much fight movies take to make, and how much profit they made:

Fighting (2009)
Gross Revenue: $11, 024, 370

Never Back Down (2008)
Budget $20 million
Gross revenue $41,624,669

Gladiator (1992)
Gross revenue $9,223,441 (USA)

Lionheart (1990)
Budget $6,000,000 (estimated)
Gross revenue $24,078,196

Shopping: Sunglasses Hut closed down, but now there's a kiosk called Style in Shades in City Centre. Art of Style closed down, but then I see a sign that McBain Cameras is coming soon. Is that a sign that the recession is ending?

Aug. 15 Psychic: I bumped into my friend Sarah on the bus today and we talked about psychics again. I told her about how I gave psychic Nadia a hard time by saying: "You're psychic, aren't you supposed to know that about me (whether I'm in school, and what my job is)."

Sarah: That's cold reading. A psychic can pretty much ask anyone: "Do you know a Bob?" Because everybody knows a Bob or Robert. Then they go with it. When she asked if you were in school, she knows that you're in your early 20s. Anyone in their 20s or 30s are either in school or just graduated. A lot of people start school, but they don't finish. Or they get their degree, and then later they want to get another degree in something else. That question can apply to anyone.

I then told her about that time I met this guy Parker when I worked at the big company:

Me: So are you in school?
P: Yeah.
Me: Let me guess, the U of A?
P: Yeah.
Me: Your major is business right?
P: Yeah.
Me: And you're going into you're 4th year this fall?
P: Yeah. Wow, you're good.

Well I thought people who worked at a bank have to be really smart, so that's why I thought of university. I figured people must be in business to work there too. By the look of the guy, he seemed to be at the age of the year he was going into. Though I do remember in 2004, this girl Amy in my Graphic Communications class and Jonathan who took science, both worked at a bank together. They were in NAIT with me. There's no business background in them.

That also reminds me of Steve Shirripa. He is on the crappy TV show Secret Life of the American Teenager. SS goes on Jay Leno and he plays "The Judgemental Bastard" where he looks at someone, and he makes these guesses about people. He is often right. There is one time he was completely wrong about about one guy.

Aug. 16 Funny: Last night and today I saw American Teenager. I then went on twop.com and they dissed it as usual. People actually count how many times they repeat the same words. They said "hooker" 18 times, "vasectomy" 18 times, and "sex", 24 times. The watchers always talk about drinking games. Drink every time someone says that word.

Another thing was that Patrick found this on Youtube. Lauren Conrad from The Hills was on Who Wants to be a Millionare? LC was on to do one question that was worth $50, 000 and it goes to a charity for domestic violence. The question is: "What is the name of Prince William's girlfriend?"

Me: Do you know the answer?
P: Kate Middleton.
lol. I know he would know the answer because he does follow the royal family.
LC asks the audience for help, and they pick "Kate." That was the right answer, and the charity got $50, 000.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great post you have shared with theirs. In this way, bundles of the all-inclusive community love to act in this thought and pass on the colossal message to the overall public. So this http://www.personalstatementwriters.com/purdue-university-admissions/ site help you to find new ideas.

djfgh said...

There is the new article and the other related articles about the funny material and the psychic zone. You can select the package according to your style. You can find your way with this website and can catch the best posts here.

Gahzi said...

The great funny and the psychic articles are present for the people who want the peace and love in their lives. From this website you can really get the best posts of all the time. Just find the better support for the better area.

Ong said...

Everoneis looking fo the best job in the market but there are very low sources in ourmarket to grab all the students so https://www.phdproposal.net/ decides who mest be picked by the best .

Hopper said...

The truly great interesting plus more the psychic content are mixed together to the folks who desire your tranquility along with enjoy of their existence. Because of this site you'll be able to genuinely receive the ideal blog posts of all the so-called occasion.