Monday, August 10, 2009

analyze/ movie/ birthday

Aug. 7 Analyze: It's weird. That Tosh.O show jumped the shark so badly last week, that I couldn't even enjoy it much this week. Daniel cracked an Asian joke, which I didn't find offensive. I guess the funniest thing was he gives a web redemption to this black guy Reh- Dog who put a bad music video of him singing. He's in the shower singing about how he's sad and crying.

D: When's the last time you cried?
RD: 2 or 3 years ago.
D: I cry once a week when I look at my ratings.
RD laughs.
D: That's not a joke.

Then they cried and talked about how Old Yeller was put to sleep. RD was reading the book The Notebook, and he's crying. D was cutting up onions and crying. lol.

Drive: Today was my last driving lesson. I'm going to miss my driving instructor Tony. I could base a character on him. There goes $580 on the class, and 10 hours of driving. It was worth the money. I did learn a lot. I had fun. It's great to have a nice drive in the summer with the great weather. However, I know that I won't be driving anymore. I'm bad at it, and I need a lot of practice. I told my dad, and he says he won't teach me since his car doesn't have instructor brakes. I'm not interested in driving, buying or owning a car. It's too expensive to buy a car and the insurance.

I've been taking the bus steadily since I started jr. high. I was 12 back then. As a little kid, I did take the bus with my family members.Am I putting obstacles in front of myself by not spending more money and time trying to improve my driving? I want to use it for my bus pass.

Job search: I told my dad about me not driving anymore. Then we talked about that office job search. I told him about 98 resumes, in 7 months, and 1 interview and that it was discouraging. I didn't apply to restaurants, retail, or staffing agencies like back in 2008. This was the refined job search with the good resume that my friend Angela edited. Yeah, and the fact I did apply to a few cruise ships. So it's not office related, it's good to try something new.

Prodigy: It was interesting when I was talking to Ray at work last night. She never dreamed of being a prodigy. I always thought it would be so cool to be so young, and so successful. Mandy Moore got a record deal at 15. Jo Jo got a record deal at 13. Seth Green has been acting since he was 4. I guess my dream was that at 15 years old, I would be producing my own TV show. Well there is that guy who was 15, and he wrote the Eragon books.

Now I'm reflecting back and I wished that somewhere in the past 10 years of writing, that I actually completed a 90 page script earlier.The thing is, I did complete scripts before with a beginning, middle, and end, but it wasn't that long. Anyway, I did learn a lot by writing. I do catch some inconsistencies with my characters. I remember the character Ben not believing in something, but then he does a turn around in dialogue. But then he catches himself by saying: "I don't know why I said that."

Aug. 9 Writing: Other things I learn from writing, is the question I ask myself: "Would you want to watch this show?" I will admit that I have written things, and I wouldn't want to watch it. When I do want to watch it, I ask myself: "What are the best parts about it?"

Movie: The Chronicles of Riddick was on Space last night. It starred Vin Diesel as a hero. It's set in the future and there are lots of planets to travel to. An army comes to convert humans to be like the army, or the army will kill them. I didn't really get this movie. I didn't really like it.

It had good cinematography, action sequences, special effects, and lots of money put into it. I think I like Diesel in the movie The Pacifier more. That movie had Diesel be like a bodyguard for this family. It was more of a comedy, that had some unpredictable moments that I didn't see coming.

Back to Riddick. It was nice to see Christina Cox in it. This came out in 2004, and I saw her in the lead for the TV show Blood Ties in 2007. There was this actress Alexa Davolos who plays Diesel's love interest. At first it looked Jessica Szohr (Vanessa from Gossip Girl). It turns out AD is actually Gwen from Angel. She had the power to shoot electricity from her hands on that show.

Psychic: I'm getting a flashback of 2003- 2004. I saw the remake of the TV show The Twilight Zone. Forest Whitaker was a host on that show. There was a story where the rapper Method Man played a psychic. This young woman who was a journalist was asking him questions about the future, and he predicted everything right.

She asked him if she should go for the job, and he tells her to go home. She finds her boyfriend cheating on her, so the answer is yes, she should go for the job. Then she asks MM if she should take the flight to the job. He tells her no. Later it turns out there was a terrorist attack, and it's a good thing she didn't take the flight.

She goes to MM to ask another question, but he already left. She goes looking for him, and then she see that he gets hit by a car. It was kind of cliffhanger if he will live or not to tell her the future. There was an ep on 90210, and two women go to a psychic. One goes for fun, and the other goes along as a skeptic. The psychic predicts the future right for the skeptic. It was more of funny subplot.

I remember that British boy band Five. They had songs like "Slam Dunk (Da Funk)" and "When the Lights Go Out." In the 3rd and last album, my fave member Rich wrote in his thank you's about the past: "Whenever my sister when to see a psychic, the psychics always said: 'Your brother is going to be really famous when he grows up.'" So that came true.

Fashion: I saw this on Yahoo news. So Miss Japan is Miss Universe. Her outfit caused a stir because she was wearing a kimono, and she was wearing pink underwear with pink stockings. I didn't like it. She looked like she was going to the "Lady Marmalade" music video. lol. You know where all 4 singers were in their underwear in the video.

I read some comments below like: "Well there is this swimsuit competition in this contest, so what's the problem?"

Aug. 10 Birthday: I'm turning 24 tomorrow. Did I reach the timeline of what most 24- yr olds do? Well I got a college diploma. I have never moved out of my house. I do have a learner's permit. Though I don't feel like I will get a driver's license. I really like the song called "Birthday Sex" (remix) by Jeremiah since we're on the topic.

Let's look back since what I did since my 23rd bday. Well I did take those driving lessons. I worked at the same job for over a year so that's good. Oh yeah, and I completed my 97 page script. I got MMA fighter Kit Cope in it, and have been in talks with a producer.

Teen Choice Awards: Right now I'm watching the Teen Choice Awards. It came out 10 yrs ago in 1999, back in the day when I was 14. I think for the past 5 years I watch this show, I dislike it, but I keep watching it. Look there were good things like the America's Best Dance Crew season 3 winner Quest Crew were dancing in Sean Kingston's performance.

Ed Westwick, Chuck from Gossip Girl came out wearing a James Dean t- shirt. They're both bad boy types. I'm a fan of both actors. lol.

Fun: In other news, I took a big step and gave the Kyle Gallner look alike Mark, my email address today. Well I hope to hear from him since he said: "We'll talk." Prior to it, he came in

Mark: Hi, how's it going? Is it busy.
Me: Not yet.

He paid for the sandwich.
Me: So do you think you look like Kyle Gallner?
Mark: A little.
I gave him the change with my email address on a piece of paper.
lol.

No comments: