Tuesday, July 28, 2009

jokes/ luck/ funny and weird

Jul. 25 Jokes: Last night I was watching Conan O' Brien, and he said: "Did you know that Smokey the Bear turned 65 today? He says: 'Only you can prevent Forest Whitaker.'"

Some of the audience laughed. I laughed.
C: Yeah, I know it's a stupid joke, but it's my favorite one tonight.

That reminded me of The Simpsons when Ralph was talking to Smokey the Bear.
Smokey: Do you know how to prevent fires?
Ralph: At my house, we call them "uh ohs." lol.

Then there was another one where Bart is watching Smokey the Bear.

Smokey: Who can prevent forest fires?
Bart presses "You."
Smokey: You pressed you, referring to me. That is incorrect.

Tosh. O: I saw this a couple of weeks ago.

Daniel: Michael Jackson touched many children.....with his music. Too soon?
Yeah, you said "Too soon?" with the David Carradine joke.

Then this week the joke was this black man singing really badly at a funeral.
Daniel: Looks like this is the Jackson brother who didn't get beaten enough.
That's dark.

Dating: I sent a few emails out today on the dating site. I also was on another site, and a lot of people viewed me. However, they we're old guys. I want to believe in the saying: "Lightning strikes twice." I met my last boyfriend on the internet, I'm sure it can happen again.

Luck: I have lightening strike twice before. One time I emailed Criminal Minds actor Matthew Gray Gubler. Then he emailed me back on that same night. Then I wrote about it for one of my pieces to get into the Professional Writing program, and then I got in. Then I emailed MGG again about it, and he emailed me back on the same day.

There was the time that I met one my favorite music artists Kyle Riabko at Capital Ex in 2006. Then a year later, he came to Edmonton again, and we met again. He actually remembered me. There are entries in my blog called "The Hottest Night of my Life" and "The 2nd Hottest Night of my Life." lol. Same goes about with MGG.

I don't know if this counts as luck. Well back in 2001, I was writing this TV show and there was a guy who is supposed to have a sweet boy next door appeal. Then I turned on the TV and was watching MuchMusic. This British boy band Blue comes on with their first single "All Rise." I hear this song all the time on the radio, and I like it. Then this guy wearing a white hoodie, and denim jacket over it appeared on screen.

I was immediately thinking that he was the character I was looking for. He did have that sweet boy next door appeal. His name is actually Lee Ryan. What was really lucky, was that 6 months later, Blue came to West Edmonton mall, and I got all their autographs and a hug from my favorite member Lee.

Analyze: This does remind me of that first guy who I thought I did make a connection with on the dating site this year. The guy who I scared away when he asked me these series of questions that went from good to bad to worse. He wanted the truth so I gave him the truth. Well he was into MMA like I was. I was into it by watching it, and writing about it.

This guy said he was a fighter. I don't know if he did it as a hobby or professionally. I think a hobby because he did have a college education. He did say he won 11 out of 13 fights he was in. I said: "Damn, that's good." The question is: "Are you looking for a boyfriend or a character from your script?" lol. I was looking for a boyfriend, and if he had similarities to one my characters then that's fine. Eh, whatever we weren't a good match anyway.

Screenwriting: Today I finally finished that reading that Writing Movies book I got from the library. I feel inspired to read my entire Screenwriting for Dummies book that I bought back in December 2007. I did read the Dummies book, but not the whole thing. I remember back in 2006, I checked out this screenwriting book from school, and I took extensive notes on it. I should read my notes.

The producer John said arc in a character's development. In the book, it said that too. That made me think of the lead character.

Jul. 26 Job: I actually worked on Sunday. I hadn't had to in awhile since Ray took my shifts. Anyway it was good. I forced myself to read the screenwriting book and did a little writing. I was thinking about working at Blockbuster. It would be fun to watch movies on a discount. However, I will only take an office job.

Good news: I emailed the actor Giles Panton. He played Joe from Flash Gordon, and we're Facebook friends. I then emailed him asking him to be in my movie. He emailed me back and I then emailed him my script. I had to work on it a bit more today to make sure it was perfect. Now I'm going to email producer John with it.I was also tuning into Heartland. I then realized the Graham Wardle who plays Ty on that show, he could be the lead. I'll tell John about that too.

Jul. 27: Today at work, the two managers, Don, and I worked the lunch rush. It's funny, because there is no rush. It was so slow today, that we were able to manage all the customers with only 4 people. Then another work came today to help out in the afternoon.

Jul. 28 Funny and weird: You know how a few weeks ago I met that TV producer John, and the email was titled "Crazy meeting"? Well afterwards I realized that the guy looked like this customer who always comes into the soup place. John mentioned he has a brother.

The customer who looks like John enters to buy a sandwich.
Me: I have a question.
Guy: Yeah.
Me: Do you have a brother named John?
Guy: I have a brother, and my name is John.

Weird. Two guys who look alike also have the same name. John is a common name.

John: Is the guy like me? Or is he more polite?
lol.
Me: He's a TV producer.

Look alike:
Then later that Kyle Gallner look alike showed up.

Guy: So how are you?
Me: Good, what's your name?
Guy: Mark.
Me: I'm Tracy. So did you show those (KG) pics to anyone?
Mark: Yeah, my mom thinks he looks like me, but some other people were like "eh."

Me: So where do you work?
Mark: For the city.
Me: Oh the city of Edmonton.
(I applied to those jobs before.)
Mark: Yeah, I'm a computer technician.

Me: So are you in school?
Mark: No. Are you in school?
Me: I graduated out of college. So how old are you?
Mark: 27.
Me: I'm 23.
Mark: How old do you think I was?
Me: Early 20s.

Mark: You look like you're in your early 20s. Like 23, 24.
(I guess he didn't hear me telling my age.)
Then he left. I was going to give him my email address, I had the paper in my pocket. However, baby steps. Though I felt this was quite a leap for me. I got his name, age, and job in one convo.
It might seem kind of weird that I had already prepped my email address out, before I got his name.

Job search: Yesterday my mom told me to apply to work at Edmonton Public schools. So I went and filled out the applications. It was kind of a lot of work. It reminds me when I used to apply to colleges. I needed two letters of references, so I wrote a paragraph each, and gave it to my managers so they could each sign it.

However, when I gave it to Steven, he read it. He then said he wanted to write the letter himself, and put it with a letterhead. I only wrote it, because I thought they wouldn't have any time to write a letter and it's easier to sign it.

I also did get a flashback of 2005. I was trying to get into the Arts and Cultural Management program. I ended up taking 3 classes and 2 of those classes credits went to the Professional Writing program. Anyway, you needed to get a letter of reference as part of you getting into the management program.

I then asked my manager Sue from Roots to write a letter. She did, but if you read it there were grammar mistakes. I'll give her points that she took the time to write the letter and give me a reference. I'm not going around and saying I'm above her, because she's the one who is managing an entire store by herself and making way more money than me. So what if there were grammar mistakes?

No comments: