Wednesday, July 22, 2009

blackout/ Michael Phelps/ funny

Jul. 19 Blackout: There was a big thunder storm last night. At around late 9pm, the electricity went out. I then listened to the entire Monifah cd on my discman. I woke up today, and the electricity was still out. I went and drank 2 cups of milk so it won't spoil. I also ate half a sandwich from work. Later in the day, I drank the Haagan Daaz ice cream as a milkshake.
I went without TV or internet all day until 5:40pm. My family and I were so happy when the lights went back on. I immediately turned on the TV to Flash Gordon. It was good today. I read a lot of my screenwriting book. I also managed to get that Forbidden Kingdom dvd out of the PS2 and return it to the library on time.
Birth order: I told you that the middle and youngest child are known as the performers in the family. I know that Nick Carter and Christina Aguilara are the oldest in their families and they're peformers. They are both the oldest of 5. I remember watching the TV show House of Carters. There was this old interview when CA came out back in 1999. Ed the Sock was interviewing her.
C: I'm the oldest of 5.
Ed: Your parents must be pretty busy.
C laughs at it.
Rant: Here's a mild rant. It seems since the beginning of the summer like June, 6 charities have called me for money.
Writing: I was thinking about that convo with producer John.
Me: So do you think Shawn is stupid?
John: Well I don't see him as totally smart, but not totally stupid either.
Me: He's just average.
That made me think of the lead character Michael from Prison Break. He's really smart to be able to break out of 2 prisons. Then there is Tru from Tru Calling. She is smart enough to work at a morgue. She was really biding time before she went into med school the next season. There's Buffy the vampire slayer. She wasn't really good in school, but she was street smart. Not every lead character has to be really smart. Look at Homer Simpson.
I've been reading that Mayerthorpe series in the Edmonton Journal. There was a female cop who has to pretend to be interested in the suspect Dennis Cheeseman to be able to get closer to him. She was mainly supposed to be hugging and nothing else. Well if she did more, it would be a sexier story.
It made me think of my story. The cop should do more to make it more sexy and interesting. It's more entertaining that way, at least for my script.
Jul. 20: I also sent two emails to my two Legal Issues for Writers teachers asking about how much money I would make off my TV script. I got a few answers from other people, but I need a consensus.
Quotes: Well today I sent 4 emails on the online dating site. Baby steps. It's like that saying: "You can't win, if you don't play." Or "You never know until you try." I have Just for Laughs in the background. Reading these profiles are like helping me try to find inspiration for my writing. That's like killing 2 birds with one stone.
16 and Pregnant: Today I checked out this MTV show 16 and Pregnant. I've heard about it when I was reading Secret Life of the American Teenager on twop.com. This show premiered on MTV Canada today. I saw a trailer for it on Youtube. Well I was watching the girl Farrah give birth.
I then got a flashback of gr.8 health class. We saw a baby being born. I remember the girls Jamie and Lacey got up and left during it because they couldn't stand to see it. lol. Well I did cringe when Farrah got that epidural. It's a needle in the spine to get rid of labour pains. I can take a needle in the arm, the finger, but the back? I didn't like seeing that.
Michael Phelps: MP was on Conon O' Brien last week. It was interesting.
C: So you have been described as having the swimmer's body. You have big feet like flippers. What's your shoe size?
M: 13 or 14.
C: You have short legs, and a long torso. I have skinny legs and boy's torso.
The audience laughs.
C: What's your wing span?
M: 6' 7".
C: Can you stand up so we can compare our wing spans?
M: Yeah.
They both stand up, and the audience cheers.
C stands in front of M, and C's finger tips end where M's wrist starts.
They talk about how M had to compete against the French team.
M: The French said they were going to "smash us (Americans) like guitars." On my way to breakfast, my coach told me that, and I was getting fired up about it. You don't tell Americans this. I was then able to win against them.
C then does an impression of the French with the accent.
M also wrote a children's book called How to Train with a T. Rex and win 8 Gold Medals. They discussed about M smoking pot.
M: I made some mistakes in and out of the water. The important thing is that I learned from them.
The audience cheers.
Jul. 21 Cute: Paget Brewster from Criminal Minds came on after MP. It was kind of funny, she was wearing this black one shoulder dress with glitter on it. She was running in heels, and then she almost falls over, but Conan catched her. They sit down.
C: Why are you running in heels on a wax floor?
P: I really wanted to join you.
lol.
I remember this one time back in 2004, I was waiting for the bus. There is this Asian man walking, and his 2 year old son was walking behind him. Then the man walks way ahead of him like 2 metres, and stops. The son was looking at his feet when walking. He looks up and sees that his dad is way ahead of him.
The kid starts running with his little legs, then his right shoe falls off. It's a flat shoe without any laces. He keeps running, and he looks from anxious to confused. He starts leaning on his left side. He manages to stop and it looks like he was going to fall over, but he didn't. He then looks down at his feet.
I was like: "Aww..." because he's smart enough to realize his shoe came off. Then I hear a voice say: "Aww, that's so cute!" There were these 2 East Indian high school guys waiting for the bus. One of them said it to his friend, and he was laughing.
The kid then looks behind him, sees his shoe. Then he looks back up at his dad with this expectant look pretty much telling him he needs his dad to help put the shoe back on for him.
Cory Lee: I was thinking about last week's ep of The Listener. The singer Cory Lee was in it as a hotel staff member. You may have seen her on Instant Star where she plays a singer. She also has songs like "No shoes, No shirt, No service", "Lover's Holiday", "The Naughty Song."
She could be the one to play the female lead in my script. There aren't many Asians on TV. You can name Lucy Lui, Lisa Ling, and Sandra Oh. Then I want someone younger, you can name Kristin Kreuk, Lana Lang from Smallville. However, I don't see her in my script. I did some research and it turns out CL is mixed, Chinese and German. KK is Chinese and Danish. I remember listening to CL's song on a Flash Gordon ep.
I went on Wikipedia, and she was in the 2gether TV movie. She was the girl booing the band at the spelling bee. I was like: "Oh yeah."
Funny: It was funny and weird today. The producer John emailed me back after I gave him my update on my writing. I gave him a link to my blog, and this is what he said:
"Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the update last week. I like your blog. With any luck the psychic is wrong about which company produces your script and when, but I guess we’ll just have to see how it all goes. I cannot guarantee the project would be signatory with the Writer’s Guild of Canada (or the WGA for that matter) but I would try to follow wherever possible the WGC or WGA guidelines for payment to writers. The writer’s fees and rates quoted by Conni are more than likely high for a low-budget Canadian independent film, but that is not to say that $35K is out of the question. It all depends on how the film would be financed. As far as a producer credit goes, I’m open to it, but it ultimately depends on what elements, financing, and attachments you would be able to bring to the table and the impact each of these might have on getting the film made and seen."
I can't believe it. He actually read my blog, and made a comment about that psychic. I did write about him, but I didn't say anything bad. lol.

No comments: