Tuesday, May 5, 2009

writing/ question/ inspired

May 2 Writing: After a boring day at work, I went home. I immediately checked my email to see if those 2 people got back to me. They didn't. You know that saying: "Patience is a virtue." I have to be patient. I'm sure they have way more fun things to do on a Saturday than to read my script. Or they were busy. Maybe they were reading it for awhile, but took a break.

Question: My question is: If someone offered you to be in a movie, and you got a substantial part in it, and you will be paid well, would you take it? Or paid somewhat well like $15/ hr, would you take it? Or even $9.75/hr? I don't know if any of you are interested in acting, but isn't that like many people's dream job to be an actor?

When I was 11- 14 years old, I would love to do acting. Mainly for the admiration. Acting is hard work. Besides all the rejection, even if you do get a part, it's hard. I remember watching this actor Matthew Bomer on Jimmy Kimmel back in summer 2007.

JK: So prior to this show you were on a soap opera?
MB and I (unison): Yeah, Guiding Light.
MB: I had to remember 30 pages of dialogue 4 or 5 days a week, and you are only allowed 1 take.

I remember reading about Johnny Lang making an appearance in the movie Blues Brother 2000, and he was in one scene. It took 2 days to film it. I remember Eric Johnson who played Whitney on the TV show Smallville did a flashback scene on the show. It was 1 scene and it took 4 hours to shoot.

Music: I borrowed that new The Killers cd from the library. It was average. I'm not really interested in them, but it's still good to check them out.

I then went on twop.com and found out that there was a Making the Band 4 ep called "The Rise and Fall of Danity Kane." I had to go on youtube and check it out. There was never- before- seen footage. I never saw the MtB3 when they first made the group, so I saw that too. I actually felt sadness watching it like when Aundrea's boyfriend Rudy broke up with her over the phone.

Right before the group was formed, Aundrea was telling Aubrey how she is thankful that they met and went on this journey together. They cried and hugged, while the other girls started crying when they listened to Aundrea.

May 3: To add to the question: "Which would you prefer? Rich or famous?" I remember this interview, I think in 2006 or 2007. I was watching 20/20 and they interviewed Lance from Nsync. He was talking about being gay, and not telling anyone because it may hurt Nsync's popularity. He did mention that he wasn't getting paid that well even though he was famous and was performing every night. He said he was making $35 a day.

It's not very good pay, but that would be like $7/hr for a 5 hour shift. As a teenager, I guess I would have taken that job. Being famous, I could get admiration, and it would be fun to sing and dance every night. Now that I'm older, I kind of hesitate in taking that job.

Fun: Today I met my co- worker/ friend Sylvia's sister Shirley. She said I was funny. It turns out Shirley worked at the Holt Renfrew restaurant. Sh says that as hostess/ bus girl, she can make $10 in tips. As a server like a waiter, they can make $40- $50 in tips.What's interesting is that these sisters are quite alike in looks and voice.

Shirley: Do you know that show Arrested Development?
Me: Yeah.
S: I like Tobia Fuke.
Me: Oh yeah, I remember Sylvia saying that too.

We also did talk about what the minimum wage was over the years. In 2003, the min. wage went from $5.90/hr to $7/hr. Then in 2006, I think it went to $8/hr. Then in 2008, it went to $8.40/hr. Now it's $8.80/hr. Sh then makes a comment on how I have a good memory about this. lol.

Movie: We talked about bad movies and I said the worst movie I ever saw was Batman and Robin starring George Clooney and Chris O'Donnel. I then went to Wikipedia and it said the budget was $140 million. There was so much money put into it, but it also looked really bad and had a bad story. They did make $238.1 million which is good. However if you read the article, they did diss it like how it got a Razzie award. A Razzie is given to bad movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_%26_Robin_(film)

Weather: It was good weather today with 22 degrees. I decided to put all those winter jackets, hats, and gloves to the washer already. It's summer time, it hasn't been really cold in April. Sure it did snow for a little bit, and it felt like autumn, but now it's warm.

Funny: I was watching a new ep of Gossip Girl and one of them mentions the oil sands in Alberta. I thought that was funny. I didn't get a shout out of Alberta since there was an of How I Met Your Mother. One of the characters was in Red Deer, AB. Then in the same ep of GG, they go to the restaurant The Russian Tea Room. There's a restaurant by the same name on Jasper Ave.

May 4 Inspired: Today I talked to Jenna again who I went to jr. high and high school with. It turns out she works at TD as a teller, and gets paid $12/hr. She got the job 2 months ago during the recession. If she can do that, then so can I. I am inspired. I remember that she was in like low classes like Math 24 and Science 24. There was this kind of award or recognition given to the person who got the highest mark in all the classes.

It shows that though she may not have gotten good grades, she can still make it. Though I am kind of like that. I was in Social 23 with her. Then I had to take Social 20 in summer school. Then I took Social 33 in gr.12, but I took Social 30 in Centre High.

Today I emailed some production companies and started pitching. There are 2 emails that were sent to this manager, and there is some interest. Right now, I'm going over my script and trying to improve on the dialogue.

May 5: Usually when I say I'm inspired, it means I have something to write for my script. I do need to get inspired to look for a job.

Speak of the devil, I got an email from a production company after I pitched my script. It said this:

"Hi Tracy, at this point we are not taking on any new scripts as we have a surplus at the moment to deal with. I f you would like to send your resume I would be happy to pass it on to our HR department as we are always looking for talent."

Well it's in Saskatchewan. I do want to stick close to home. What if I do move to Saskatchewan and work in film? Well first I want to stick in Alberta and work in film. Then I'll try Saskatchewan. That happened once, where I did email my resume to production company. I did an interview, but they didn't have enough time to train me.

This brings a flashback of 2004 when I thought of going to college in Vancouver. There is a Vancouver Film School. However, I went on the internet and there were so many people who dissed it. There is an Art Institute in Vancouver. It's a good thing I didn't go. I need to have friends and family by me.

News: I got an email from the literary journal The Puritan, that they are closing down. I don't think I ever submitted any of my works to them before.

No comments: