Friday, May 1, 2009

writing/ malls/ happy

Apr. 28 Writing: Well the company emailed me back after I asked questions like how to improve the script, and can I send it in again after I edited it some more. He said this:

"Tracy...
I've recommended you take some screenwriting courses and I've attached a list of books on screenwriting that might prove valuable as a resource.

As for us, I have to be honest and say that our slate of projects is quite full and what we are telling people is that we would rather look at projects that have some sort of "element" attached.

An element could be a star, some private financing, serious interest from a distributor or a broadcaster or a prestigious writing award.

If any of those conditions should arise, depending on the details, then we would be prepared to read the material again."

It's not over yet. I just emailed someone else to help me out.

Malls: I thought it was kind of funny reading 24 today. They're covering dead malls. Yesterday it talked about how Abbotsfield mall is really ghetto with gang activity and a stabbing. I got a flashback of meeting my friend Jessica for the first time back in 2003 and she talked about gang activity that was around her family's store.

Today they talked about Capilano mall. Then I got a flashback of 1999. I was talking to my friend Heather on the phone: "Capilano mall is such a dead mall." Cut to 10 years later, and it's exactly the same thing now. I know they can't really close it down because of a library, TD Canada Trust, Safeway, Walmart, and Winners.

Then it said tomorrow they will discuss Westmount Mall. I then talked to Jennifer at work about it. It won't close down because there's a Safeway, Dollarama, Shopper's Drug Mart, and a movie theatre.

Fun: Today I read that Hilary Duff was going to be on Law and Order: SVU, so I thought she was going to be the one who committed the crime. However, she didn't. Later my sister joined in and watched it with me by throwing in her law knowledge. lol.

Apr. 29: I was watching Criminal Minds today and Alex O' Laughlin guest- starred. At first I didn't recognize him. Then when I saw his name, I realized he was the lead in the cancelled show Moonlight. He had cut his hair, and was wearing glasses. Then ending teared me up.

AO plays a serial killer. He is a mentor to this blind boy. It turns out AO had killed the blind boy's mom 2 years ago. Later AO gets shot when confronted by a gang member. AO sustains injuries and takes Blind Boy to the carnival. They ride on the ferris wheel.

AO: You're special. You made me see things.
Aww... then AO dies from the gun shot wound.

Boy asks Agent Morgan: "Is Vincent the one who killed my mom?" So it looks like he was able to piece it together. In a way, Vincent was trying to redeem himself by being a mentor to the boy.

Apr. 30: I tried to register for the screenwriting class for this fall, but it says I can't. I emailed 2 other people trying to get my script produced.

Pics: Today I finally took some photos of myself on the camera and put it up on the computer.

May 1 Happy: I emailed 2 people today. I sent one of them my script with the new edits I made. Then just now, one of them emailed me back wanting more info about it. So I sent them my script too. Yay!

News: I read on Yahoo News that Maury is using his show to campaign to stop teen pregnancy. Did you know that May 6 is Teen Pregnancy Prevention day? The article said this: "Povich and his show are working with a nonprofit organization on the multimedia campaign aimed at educating young people about the health and social consequences of pregnancy." Well his show teaches people that if you don't use birth control, you'll end up on the show.

Health: I finally went to the doctor today and checked out this bump that was on my finger. It was there for months and didn't really affect my life. My sister said it was probably a wart. The dr said it was a wart and then he went and froze it. He put a needle in my finger.

Me: Is it going to hurt?
Dr.: It's not going to hurt me one bit.
It did kind of hurt. Well I guess I was trying to convince myself that it won't. I've taken needles in the arm, but never the finger.

Then I went home.

S: What was it?
Me: A wart.
S: Did he freeze it?
Me: Yes.

That was weird that S guessed it was a wart, and guessed how to remove it. Well not that weird because she's so smart. lol.

Food review: The new Chinese restaurant Flaming Wok opened today and gave everybody who came to them, a free entree of one meat, rice or needles, and mixed vegetables. The meal was probably worth $6. They were doing that from 11:30am-1:30pm. I got there at 11:40am and got served by 12:05pm. It was a long wait, but it was worth it. The food was good.

I do have to say Flaming Wok sure sounds like the other fast food place, in the other food court called Famous Wok. Well Beijing Beijing closed down, and Flaming Wok took over their space.

Dollhouse: I saw a new ep today, and it was really good. The guy who was supposedly a pothead who helped build the Dollhouse, he's actually was a doll Alpha. Alpha is a bad guy who murdered a lot of the dolls. He rescued Echo out of there. Man, it was crazy. The ep was written by Jane Espenson who wrote for Buffy like the ep "Superstar." It was in season 4 where Jonathan becomes like this superhero on the show. JE also wrote for Buffy actor Eliza Dushku's show Tru Calling.

Prior to that I saw Prison Break where the mother reveals to the lead character Michael that Lincoln is not his brother. I was like: "Get a DNA test" to prove if he is really your brother. You got to say that the actors Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell who aren't related, really do look like brothers.

Rut: I'm also trying to get out of my rut. I did email 2 people my script. I'm also reading the newspaper more since my family does subscribe to three of them. Seriously, I get The Journal, The Globe and Mail, and National Post. Reading is good. I'm also learning about the world, and getting smarter that way.

1 comment:

Admin said...

Which mall was the new Flaming Wok in?