Friday, May 15, 2009

saying/ charity/ stupid & funny

May 12 Saying: I remember this other saying. It may have been from an old TV show. Some guy said this: "If you want to make money, you get a job that you like. If you want to make a lot of money, you get a job that you hate." I told this to my co-worker Jennifer, and she agreed.

Well it did happen to me. I like working at the Soup place. I got a job at a bank, which I hated to make a lot of money. Wait, I do remember this other saying from 2001. I was watching The Matrix Revisted dvd. It's about the making of The Matrix. Keanu Reeves said: "There is an old Chinese saying: 'Find a job that you like, and then you don't have to work for the rest of your life.'"

Positive: I woke up this morning and thought that it's a good thing that I didn't work at Treats last year. After school ended, I went to Treats to get my job back from the manager Aziz, but they already changed managers. If I did work there, I would probably be doing the same thing with a little amount of hours. Even if I did do split shifts to increase the hours, it would have still been part- time.

I then got a job at Xcetera which did give me full- time hours. There was still enough time for me to go and look for a office job on the side. I will have to look at money in a certain way. I got a lot of money back in my tax refund which would make it $15, 000 income. Then I also get tips twice a year from my job in June and December. I also get my money from my family during special occassions.

Work: I was talking to Jennifer about jobs today. I was then inspired to be more aggressive and go on the internet and look for jobs. I then found some websites and people to contact to produce my script. I sent out 10 emails. During this time I had 90210 and Deadliest Warrior on in the background.

May 13 Charity: I read that Emimen is treating 200 laid- off autoworkers on an all- expense paid trip to LA to see him perform on Jimmy Kimmel. He's also doing a meet and greet, and sign autographs. That is so nice of him.

I also see that Titanic stars Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet, and the director James Cameron have donated $30, 000 to the last Titanic survivor who is 97 yr old Millvina Dean. She was only 9 weeks old when she was on the ship. She has a hard time paying for her bills at the nursing home, and she was selling her autographs to make money.

Lie to Me: I was reading an article in 24 about the TV show. It said this: "Actually Cal Lightman has more in common with House's Dr. Gregory House in terms of how their series are built- i.e., largely unrealistic situations held together by an intriguingly complex main character who values brain over brawn." An intriguing main character is what I need for my script.

The season finale was really good. It was about these terrorist attacks occuring in Washington. It kind of reminded me of those sniper attacks back in 2002. There was this sniper who shoots random people in random locations in DC. Then in the middle of the ep we realize that the young men weren't terrorists. They were guys who were wearing backpacks with bombs planted in them and they didn't know it.

I remember back in 2002, I was at my friend Leslie's house and we were watching the news about the sniper. Leslie's mom says: "I think it's terrorists." I didn't think it was. It was scary that it was occuring in the US. It occurs in Afghanistan and the Middle East and that's what they have to deal with everyday.

Analyze: Today I was reading some more bad news about the recession in the business section. It's like a trainwreck, it's so bad, but I can't stop looking at it. It's like when I watch the teen pregnancy eps on Tyra. It's kind of like when I used to watch Maury and Dr Phil. However, I don't read bad news or watch Tyra to get my hate on. I don't purposely watch Maury and Dr Phil to get my hate on anymore. I stay away from it.

Emotions: Today I was watching Criminal Minds and it looks like Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler, this actor who I emailed, and he emailed me back) seemed to be infected by this anthrax. It looks like might not survive it so he asks to be recorded on a voice message so his mom could hear him. He says: "Hi mom, it's Spencer. I want to let you know that I love you. Everyday I'm proud to be your son." Tears sprang to my eyes when I was watching it. I didn't cry, but I felt really emotional during that scene.

May 15 Writing: I submitted my article about donating to charity to the 24 newspaper.

Funny & stupid:
I was reading in the Metro that Kevin Federline can't make ends meet when he gets $40, 000 a month from his ex- wife Britney Spears. She pays $20, 000 a month for child support, and $5000 a week when she's on tour. The National Enquirer says this:

$7, 500 for rent
$2,000 for food
$1, 500 for utilities
$800 for alcohol
$2, 800 for a nanny
$3, 000 for bodyguards

He should use that $40, 000 a month and buy a home. What's with $2, 000 on food? Does he eat out a lot? He should learn to cook, and go grocery shopping or at least hire someone to do that and cook. He might able to save some money there. He needs to cut down on the alcohol. He may have to hire some nannies who don't cost that much, same with the bodyguards.

Government: I got these 2 letters from the Conservative government. They sent this to me before. They ask who is good for the govt., and I always check NDP and send it back to the Conservatives. No postage required.

Lookalike: It's weird. Last night I was watching Parks and Recreation, and I realized who the actor Chris Pratt looks like. Nialle Travnik looks like him. I used to work with Nialle at Ipsos from 2005-2006. I saw CP on The OC from 2006-2007 and I've been watching Park for the past few months. CP and NT have the same face with the same hair colour and texture, and beard. They look like they could be brothers.

I then added him as my friend on Facebook and he confirmed it. lol.

Movie: I had Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer on in the background. Did you know that this movie was shot in Vancouver? Well there was a scene where they are in the forest, so you know it's got to be in BC. I remember going to Vancouver in 2001 for a band/ choir trip and we drove there from Edmonton. There were trees everywhere.

Prison Break: I saw the Prison Break 2hr series finale and it was crazy. The bad guys all got their come- uppance. The ending was bittersweet with the lead character Michael dying from his disease. At least he helped his friends, and he had a son with the same name as his.

It was unpredictable. I was thinking M's brother Lincoln was going to die after getting shot, and M will name his son Lincoln. Well that's what they did on the Alias series finale. Sydney's dad died, then S named her son after him. I read earlier today that a lot of old people are coming back on the show. I knew Sucre was coming back, but I totally didn't expect C- Note, Sophia, and Kellerman.

No comments: