Tuesday, April 7, 2009

the fog/ entertainment/ dance

Apr. 4 The Fog: Today I saw the movie called The Fog that came out in 2005. It's a remake of a 1980 thriller from John Carpenter. He also produced this new one. It stars Tom Welling (Clark Kent from Smallville.) My nitpick is that I always kind of had a problem with TW being casted on that show. He was 25 years old, and he looked way too old to be playing a high school kid.

Yeah, I know, twenty- somethings are always playing high school kids, but I didn't like how he was casted. Anyway, back to the movie. It was scary because there is this supernatural fog that kills people. It turns out the fog is created by ghosts who were betrayed colonists and they were to seek revenge. I do like the fact that the black guy Spooner survives. There are a few movies where I see the black guy survive in a horror movie.It also stars Selma Blair. I was creeped out and there was suspense in it.

The movie really does go full circle. In the beginning, four men jump off a ship that is on fire. Towards the end of the movie, it explains how it caught on fire.

Fun: Today I got to watch Flash Gordon. Yesterday on my day off, I was watching some TV and I saw that One Tree Hill was on. It's the one where Michael Trucco guest stars and I was so happy. lol.

Music: I borrowed the Metro Station cd from the library. I love the song "Tell Me What to Do." Most of the songs are short and fast.

Apr. 5 Entertainment: I was reading Degrassi: The Next Generation on twop.com. It turns out some actors from the show are in this theatre play called "Dog Sees God." It's a parody of Charlie Brown if they all grew up. Here's a trailer of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7OYkby2bcc

I found news about the new CW pilot called Vampire Diaries starring Nina Gobrev from Degrassi. She plays a girl in a love triangle where two vampire brothers are in love with her. I'll check it out.
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/pilot-castings.html

I read that celebrity choreographey Alex Da Silva was arrested for raping 4 women. He was a choreographer for the TV show So You Think You Can Dance. When I read that I said: "Oh my God!" Well at least they got him off the streets. The 4 women didn't know each other, but all their stories were exactly the same.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090405/entertainment/dancer_arrested

Rant: Here's a mild rant. I don't like TV shows like Paris Hilton's BFF, and her British BFF show. I don't like Brody Jenner's show called Bromance. These shows are where people compete to be a this celebrity's best friend. At first I thought it was okay, like it's better than The Bachelor where one person is dating 10 people at the same time. They're competing to be someone's boyfriend or girlfriend. The Bachelor/ Bachelorette shows are so bad, it makes me appreciate Blind Date.

On BD, they don't compete. They actually get to know each other and see if they're actually a good match or not. I thought competing to be someone's friend wasn't going to be trashy. But then I watch some of it, and I realized it was. Competing to be someone's friend is just as bad as competing to be someone's boyfriend/ girlfriend.

I might was well throw this one in too: I saw the trailer for the new Hannah Montana movie, and I see that Tyra Banks makes an appearance in it. Tyra is okay and all, I don't hate Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus, but... maybe I'm annoyed because I'm thinking: "Wow, Tyra has sunk into a new low by doing this movie." It's not really a low if Tyra wants to do something that teens would be interested in like her talk show and her modeling show.

I guess I'm annoyed because the scene looked bad. It's where Tyra and Miley are fighting over a pair of shoes at a shoe store. Wait, I think I figured out why I'm annoyed. It looks like a bad movie, so I won't watch it.

Funny: On my day off on Friday, I did my job search. I had Sunday off, so I was going to chill out the whole day. Then I get a call from my manager and he needs me to work. Well I got to hang out with my friend Ray there.

Me: I was reading about Degrassi: The Next Generation on twop.com and on the show, they created a site called "Face Range." Someone writes: "What's next? Lifejournal, Gaagle, Tweeter?"
lol.
Me: I was on "TV Lessons I've Learned" thread and I said: "Social networking sites are bad like on Degrassi's 'My Room' and Law and Order: Special Victims Unit "Face Union." Then someone said: "The internet is bad in general."
Ray: TV slams the internet, and the internet slams TV.

Writing: Ray says that if you look at the teen fiction section in a bookstore, there is a lot about vampires and not just Twilight. I remembered going to a bookstore and seeing that. It's often a love story. I have written a vamp script when I was in high school, and it was all action. Right now I'm hitting writer's block on this vamp story. It's also action. I think I hit writer's block, because I don't write supernatural things anymore. I want to write things that are realistic.

Apr. 6: Today I worked on my vamp story The Hunter. I worked on it for 45 minutes. Then I worked on it for another hour while I had The Hills on in the background. I convince myself that I'm not watching it, because I'm really writing.

Apr. 7 Dance: I auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance Canada today. It was so surreal to be dancing for one of my celebrity crushes Blake McGrath who is one of the judges, and was in the top 6 dancers in SYTYCD season 1. I got (fake cough in hand) rejected! Let's do a rewind.

3 weeks ago, I read in the Metro and 24 newspaper, that there will be the auditions on Apr. 7 in the Winspear Centre. I was so happy and excited. Then a week before it, I then went on the site and printed out the pages and forms to fill out and sign. I was then rehearsing my dance moves. I thought I was going to be dancing in front of the 4 judges on stage. However, I learned that it was different.

You have to dance for 30 seconds to a song that they give you, and if you do well, you can go to the next audition tomorrow. Then you get to dance for 10 seconds. Then you can dance in front of the four judges. I was talking to this girl Anna.

Me: I don't get that. I see some pretty bad dancers dancing in front of the four judges.
Anna: That's because some not very good dancers make some good TV.

I then remembered back at NAIT in 2004, this girl Tanya told me about how she auditioned for two other people at Canadian Idol, before she could get to the four judges. I didn't really tell anybody about my auditioning. Well I told Patrick because I needed someone to sign these forms as a witness.

Me: Do you have any comments about it?
P: Yeah. Why?
Me: Because I know I can dance. I never auditioned for Canadian Idol because I know I can't sing. My music teacher in high school Mr. Muth told me I was tone deaf. I respect his opinion. I never auditioned for Canada's Next Top Model because I'm not tall enough. But dancing I like.

They played this song "Breakin' Dishes" by Rihanna when the camera crew was warming up the stage which was really a dance floor. I recognized her voice, and then later I hear the lyrics and remember reading them in the Metro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGVTYVAqnI

About 100 people showed up to audition. I think about 70 girls. They were mainly contemporary. I did hip- hop. I woke up at 5am in the morning to use the washroom, but then I couldn't go back to sleep though I tried. Then I got up at 7am and left at 7:30am to catch the bus. I got to the Winspear Centre at 7:50am and waited in line.

We entered, and they did a bag check and scan our bodies with metal detectors. Then I handed in one of my forms. Then I saw this black girl who worked there, and asked how I knew about it. I said on the internet. I then recognized her as a girl who was in my Arts and Cultural Management program. Then I realized that I heard about it through the newspaper.

100 of us were in the room with the dance floor. Then I and 30 people were moved outside to the lobby to stretch and stuff. In line I talked to contemporary dancer Kyle and tap dancer Andrew. Anna was a tap dancer too. As we wait, about a dozen dancers came by who had gotten the golden ticket, which means they will be here tomorrow. We applauded as they walked by.

No comments: