Friday, April 17, 2009

dating/ crazy story/ parody

Apr. 16 Dating: You know two weeks ago, about how that guy I was talking with on the dating website who blocked me? And how yesterday he asked to be put onto my IM contact list? Well today I was IMing with him. We straightened some stuff out. He said that he didn't block me, he closed the account on the site.

I asked if he wanted to meet up. He said: "You're too goody good. We won't click." I asked why he asked to be put onto my IM list. He said it was accident and that he'll take me off and said bye. Well now that's all clear.

Charity: Did you know that Madonna donated $500 000 to help the people who were affected by the Italy earthquake? Today in the Metro, it said that liquids like shampoo that are seized at the airport are being donated to the Leduc Food Bank.

Apr. 17 Job: Today was my day off. I woke up an hour early to use the washroom, and I couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up, printed my resume and dropped it at the Capital Health hospital in downtown. Then I went to my job so I could sell my pica knife blades to my manager. I bought these for my pica knife back in 2004 when I was at Nait. I never used it, so I decided to sell it to them for $7.80 which is what I bought it for.

She bought it off me because she does need it to cut open boxes. She asked if I could work during the lunch rush. One of the workers was sick. I said yes, and worked for 2 hours. I also got a free sandwich for my services.

Crazy story: I took the time to read people's comments on the Law and Order: SVU ep "Ballerina" on twop.com. Then I read the "Ripped from the headlines" thread where people throw in headlines that SVU writers could use for their episodes.

The crazy story is that in Russia, there is this hairstylist who took the armed robber who tried to rob her salon, and she tied him up for 2 days and used him as a sex slave. Seriously. You can go to the link below and read it. The robber tried to rob the salon, and the hairstylist beat him, and tied him up in the back. She told the workers and customers to keep doing what they were doing, and she'll call the cops.

She never did call the cops. Later, everybody left and she sexually assaulted him. She then released him, he goes to the hospital and tells the cops about what happened. In the end, the article says they could charge each other with crime. Him for the armed robbery, and her for the sexual assault.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/1292/42/376242.htm

20/20: I was watching 20/20 today and they discussed about those Somali pirates. Some boats do defend themselves with noise. There was this demonstration of this really loud beeping noise. They also spray the pirates with hoses. Then if that doesn't deter them, they run for cover, and lock themselves inside. They call the Navy seals.They talked to this French captain. He was in his 30s and good- looking. So anyway, they were a crew of 30. 7 of them were women, so they got locked into this safe place so the pirates won't get to them.

There are pirates because Somali is a poor country. That's how they make money. However, they aren't Robin Hoods where they steal the money and give it to the poor.

They talked to Women's tennis star Monica Seles. She got stabbed in the back when she was at the height of her career. They captured the guy, and he got 2 years probation. MS lost a lot of her sponsorships. Weird coincidence is that later on I saw this commercial with tennis star Andy Roddick who does a commercial to sell laptops. He didn't say anything in it.

Now that reminds me that he went out with Mandy Moore. He also played himself in an ep of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I also remember I used to go on www.fametracker.com and there was these forums discussing music, books, TV, movies, and celebs. Someone mentioned: "Have you ever noticed that Andy Roddick, Sean William Scott, and Lee Ryan (my favorite member from the British boy band Blue) all look alike?"

I looked at the links, and they all have the same nose. Oh my God. Check it out:

Lee Ryan:http://www.babynames.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lee-ryan.jpg

Andy Roddick:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2851969024/nm1496310

Sean William Scott:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1530237952/nm0005405

Parody: Today I was watching a new ep of Prison Break and 20/20. During the commercial breaks I saw The Matrix. Patrick showed me this College Humour parody of the movie. My friend Daniel told me about that show. Here's a clip called The Matrix runs on Windows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM

The only part that I really liked was when the icon from Microsoft Word appeared. You know the paper clip with a face and it's floating on a piece of paper? lol.

No comments: