Sunday, March 8, 2009

writing/ fun/ economy

Mar. 4 Writing: I read in the Metro that The Hills reality TV star Lauren Conrad has a three- book deal. She writes a book called L.A. Candy: "It follows the story of a 19- year- old girl named Jane Roberts who moves to L.A. and unexpectedly becomes the star of a reality show." It looks like she's writing about what she knows and basing it on her life.

Reading that, kind of inspired me. I've hit writer's block, and today I wrote two lines. It looks like I'll have to wait until next Friday before Conni Massing gives me tips on the script because I have to work on Thurs. and Fri. It's because there is another teacher's convention, and I am needed to work those days.

Fun: In the Metro it profiled this girl named Linda Hoang who is from Edmonton wants to get the dream job of working and living on an island. If you vote for her, she may get the job. I saw the video, and I did vote for her. You should too. Here's the link.
http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/Linda

Music: I borrowed the Taylor Swift cd from the library. The pictures in the cd sleeve looked really good. Her music is kind of country. She wrote and co-wrote all her songs. She is a really good writer. I was impressed with the lyrics. I borrowed the Akon cd. Finally a cd that I can actually dance to. His singles like "Beautiful" and "Right Now (Na Na Na)" that are on the radio. I don't really like it. Then I actually listened to other songs like "Holla Holla" feat. T- Pain which is a good dance song.

Mar. 5 Economy: Today I went to work. I was talking to Cameron.
Me: Oh my god!
C: What?
Me: Look at that store Horizons. It's closing down.
There's this huge sign that says everything's 50% off.
Me: That store opened some months ago.
C: Yeah like 5 or 6 months ago.
I've only been there once.

Yesterday I read in the National Post, that Blockbuster video is looking into lawyers to see if they should file for bankruptcy. The big competition is Netflix which is American. Here check out this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockbuster_Inc. It turns out Blockbuster came out in 1985, as old as I am. I didn't know it came from Dallas, Texas.

Today I read that the minimum wage will be raised from $8.40 to $8.80 effective on April 1. That's good.

Performance: I remember years ago I was watching the BBC and saw the tail end of V's song "You Stood Up." They are a British boy band. I love this performance. It's a ballad and as soon as the chorus comes on, the ceiling starts raining on them. I was triggered of this performance because Patrick was on Youtube and he was watching a Taylor Swift performance where it rains on her on stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKKg9RBWKKg&feature=related

Mar. 6 Rant: Here's a mild rant. The clasp on my pair of black pants has broke again. I know for sure I had to get my mom to sew it on at least twice. I decided: "Whatever. I'll wear the other 5 black dress pants I already have."

I might as well throw this one in. This weekend we move our clocks forward by an hour, which means we lose an hour of sleep. What annoys me is that car accidents increase because we're tired, so be careful.

Jay Leno: Losing one hour of sleep is nothing. We already lost our cars, homes, 401ks.

Scam: I was watching 20/20 today about "Broken Promises." How to avoid scams that deal with working at home.
1. Don't go searching under the phrase "working at home" because it will lead to the scam called "Work @ Home."
2. Avoid sites that have yachts, and mansions on the site. They're baiting you.

They also discussed a North Caroline dentist clinics called Small Smiles. It's dentists treating kids from low- income families. The dentist clinic doesn't make a lot of money so they do extra unnecessary work on the children's teeth to get more money. You hear the children screaming, crying when they're at the dentist.

One of the workers who quit the job because he couldn't stand to hear the "blood- curdling" screams. I was listening to it, and I was cringing at it. I'm not afraid of dentists, and I don't really enjoy it. I doubt there is anyone out there who would enjoy it.

News: Michael Jackson will be touring again. He hasn't released a cd since 2001. That's what I read. Then I thought: "What was the last song he released? Oh yeah, 'You Rock My World.'" I like that song.

Emelee: She is this singer that I got my friend Leslie to download the cd off Itunes. It's a good pop/ R&B/ dance cd to check out. I was at her website www.emelee.com to see what's happening. Not much. Then I go to www.myspace.com/emelee4u and she has this "Touch Me" remix and "Sometimes" which isn't on her cd. She does have the ballad "The Way I Feel" from her cd put up. Take a listen to it.

Kit Cope: Oh my god. I had emailed the mix martial arts fighter Kit Cope on myspace. You can go to www.myspace.com/kithurtspeople

My message (Feb. 16, 2009):
Hi Kit
Under "Heroes" on your page, there is this beautiful and poetic passage about being a fighter. Did you write that? If not, where did you get it from? Thank you.Tracy

On the same day KC writes:

It's actually my own version of something that I read a long time ago.

I remember a few weeks ago, after I emailed him, I went on myspace to actually look to see if he wrote back. I don't know, I must have been distracted with the TV on, and other websites on. Maybe I got there, and I forgot what I was looking for. The "mail" tab wasn't noticeable. Anyway, it turns out this guy emailed me back on the same day I emailed him which is amazing.

Mar. 7 W-Five: I was watching W- Five and they're covering about finding pedophiles who go to third world countries like Cambodia to have sex with children. They caught some pedophiles, and put them in prison. They even talked a little about Dateline and it was an ep I saw. The Dateline crew went to Cambodia to investigate it.

In 24, I read that there is a guy in Edmonton who was going to commit suicide. He told a doctor that he took a lot of pain medication, and held out two large knives. The doctor called the police, and the police found the guy. The guy starts stabbing himself, and the cops tasered him to stop. They arrested him, and took him to a hospital and he's in stable condition.

Facebook: I've been giving free Watchmen gifts to all my friends on Facebook. It's free and it expires by Monday because the opening weekend of the movie ends.

Funny: I was on twop.com and on the thread "Commercials with People who should just go away now." I laughed out loud at this post:

"I can only assume the woman married him because this is one of those eharmony.com arranged marriages (The internet questionnaire says we're perfect for each other, so we have to get married!)"

5 comments:

rakma said...

It does not matter how you have written but the thing that matters is that what you have written and how http://www.copychecker.org/copy-plagiarism-checker-detection-copied-content/ can help the students through your writing material.

Thal said...

We need to be more clear in our lives and can share with them about the points we have in our minds so we can have useful source through those so the tie has come when you need to be more successful writers in your terms and can make the difference.

Orzit said...

Fun is major portion of the economy for the people. The visits of the www.paragraphchecker.com/english-paragraph-correction-online/ have been charged with possible gaps for the citizens. The engagement is done for the accommodation of the tips for the betterment for the part of the occupied items for the humans in life.

Russev said...

You can easily get the best fun and the economy here with the about me section and can see the best previous post in this session. Just do it with biowritingservice.com/writing-professional-bio-software-engineer/ and enjoy the new zone of the library with this special zone.

mikon said...

Fun of the economy is raised above all the problems for the candidates. The depth of the economy of fun is ready to visit the website for the understanding of the concepts. The idea path is ensured for the economists for all problems of the society.