Tuesday, March 31, 2009

news/ Michael Trucco/ jokes

Mar. 28 News: Today I read on Yahoo News that there is this UK math expert that can predict who will stay married, and who will divorce. He watched couples talk about sex and money for 15 min. If they use humour and affection, then he gives them high scores. If they are defensive and angry when talking about it, he gives them low scores. He is 94% accuracy out of 700 newly married couples. Damn, that's good.

Michael Trucco: I think I totally overdosed on this guy. Last night I saw him Next. Then I went on Youtube and saw the Sabrina the Teenage Witch episodes. I fast forward to his scenes. He was 30 years old when he was on that show. I remember watching those eps when it first aired, but I just didn't remember him. He played Sabrina's love interest for 3 eps. I also saw the Charmed episode he was in on Youtube. He was 28 years old when he did that. He played a Dark Lighter named Alec. I remembered the ep, just not him.

Next: So again with the movie Next. There was an interview with Jessica Biel and how she said: "If I did know the future, then I would be like 'don't do that job' and 'don't meet that person' and my life would be perfect. But then, I would never learn anything." That is so true. I'm like that when I look back on the past: "If only I did this or that." But I did learn a lot from what happened.

Music: I borrowed the cd "Elevator" from the band Hot Hot Heat. The only song I like of theirs on that cd was "You Owe Me an IOU." I like their other cd called "Makeup the Breakdown" for songs like "Bandages" and "Talk to Me, Dance with Me."

Recycle: Did you know that you can recycle your printer toners at Grand and Toy? That's what I did. It's good so that it won't go into a landfill, and because toners could leak ink.

Mar. 29: I know I said I overdosed on Michael Trucco, but today I went and watched the Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman ep called "Seeds of Doubt" on Youtube. He plays this stalker guy. I never watched this show before, but it's good to show women being doctors.

Now I'm getting a flashback of this phone conversation I had with my friend Heather in jr. high.
H: I think living in the 18th century is good because we got to grow our own food, and build our own houses.
Me: But there was no TV and internet, and I can't live like that.lol.

Throw in the fact there wasn't really good medical technology or running water into that too. I then went and saw a clip of the 2004 TV movie Perfect Romance. MT is there, with the actor JR Bourne. MT did say in an interview that he was friends with JR Bourne. Here's the clip with both actors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M91B2yuXr4

Then I went and looked up MT in the 90s sitcom California Dreams in the ep "Babewatch." Here's the clip that he's in. Get to 2:12 in and he is sitting there at the front watching the band play.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWpO-XzaT34

I also found him on another 90s sitcom Hang Time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm8WTDaIe2A

Funny: I was on Yahoo News and read that there is this stupid criminal who robbed a cop at a cop convention. He gets arrested and then his comment to the news is: "I'm smooth."

Job: Today I managed to get Sunday off, because Ray took my shift because she needed the money. Saturday was boring. Usually there is more action, but there wasn't. It looks Iike I'll be doing a 40 hour week now for the next month. I needed some work- life balance.I used to work 48hrs a week (Mon- Sat.). Then I got Fri. off and worked on Sun. so it was 46.5hrs. I did a lot of writing on those dull Sun. Today I typed up 10 pages. When I was at Blockbuster, I was thinking it would be cool to work at a video store. However, I know I will get bored fast like Urban Planet. I will only take a white- collar job.

I have read earlier in newspapers that Blockbuster may close down, but video stores are doing well due to people staying at home watching movies.

Mar. 30: Today I was talking to my manager Steven about the economy. He said he heard that Scotiabank laid off all their part- time workers. The business people who come in are saying they don't travel a lot for business, they do video conferences.

Confessions: I'm going to confess that I only passed out 6 resumes this month. As for Jan. and Feb., I passed out like 20- something each month. Well now that I have 2 days off, Fri. I will pass out my resumes, and Sun. I will chill out. Well I did complete my script to 90 pages and sent it out. That counts for something. I was going through my blog, and I found out I wrote 8 weekly emails/ blog posts that discuss Michael Trucco. Well here's a 9th one.

Mar. 31 Sad news: I read that Angel actor Andy Hallet has passed away for heart failure at 33 years old. Damn. He played the green skinned demon Lorne. I went on imdb.com and saw that he hasn't been doing a lot of work. The last project he did was provide a voice for an animated movie back in 2005.

Economy: Starbucks closed down their first Canadian location in Richmond, BC. They were underperforming, and they laid off their workers with a 5 day notice. Damn. At least when I got laid off at Ipsos, they gave us a whole month notice.

Joke: This morning I was making a sandwich for a punk rock guy with green hair and glasses.

Guy: What does it say on your shirt?
Me: Kyle Riabko, chemistry.
Guy: Hey do you want to hear a chemistry- physics joke?
Me: Sure.
Guy: So there are two atoms at a bar, and one of them says: "Oh my God, I think I lost an electron!" The other atom says: "Are you positive?"
Pause.
Me: What? That's it?
Guy: Hello, "are you positive?"
Me: Oh yeah. It's been awhile since I was high school.

Then I told it to Patrick and my sister. S didn't laugh, and P actually groaned at it. That reminds me of 2005 when I was at NAIT. Our teacher Norman asked us to find a good website, and one bad website so we would know how to make a good one.

Amy: This Britney website is all on one page, and it takes forever to load.
Norman: Looks like this site is "toxic."
The class laughed.
When I told the joke to P, P asked: "Did the class groan at it?"
Me: No, they laughed.Here's another one. S and I were watching 90210. The character Naomi is teaching math to Liam.

Naomi: An acute angle is less than 180 degrees.
S: No, 90 degrees.
Liam: No, 90 degress.
N: Yes.
Me: Good catch.
lol.

No comments: