Wednesday, March 18, 2009

news/ good/ "get your hate on"

Mar. 14 News: I read in the Metro that more than 1000 police officers in Britain have criminal records. It comes from freedom of information laws. That reminds me of this old documentary I saw called The Secret Police Officer. This guy went undercover and went to cop college. He puts a hidden camera, and secretly tapes the conversations he has with these racist cops. After he exposes them, all the cops were arrested. Alright!

Kind of reminds me of this book called Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities. The author Alexandra Robbins went undercover as a college student and joined a sorority to see what it's like.

Rant: A couple of weeks ago, I lost my gloves on the bus. That's okay, they were cheap yarn ones that I wore for a few years. Then yesterday, I lost my toque on the bus. I had that since 1996. I'm going to miss it. At least the weather is warmer, and I do have spare toques at home.

Another rant is that after I got my highlights, I showed it to Patrick and my sister. They were fine with it, but they both predicted that mom wouldn't like it. Then I showed it to mom, and they were right. Mom gave me this disapproving look like I did something bad. The kind of look you give to someone smoking a cigarrette. Getting highlights isn't illegal, and I'm an adult. If I want to do something to my hair, then I'm going to do it.

Mar. 15 Music: I borrowed the Lily Allen cd called "It's not me, it's you." I like songs like "Back to the Start." It's a dance song. It's kind of like about sibling rivalry, and how she is jealous of this person who is good. She is apologizing to that person. I also like "Never Gonna Happen" about breaking up with someone. I like the beats to "Everyone's At It." "F--- you" is a song about how she hates homophobic and sexist people.

"Him" is a song that reminds me of Joan Osbourne's song "One of Us" because they're both about God. LA sings about Sept.11 in it.

Scam: I read in the Metro: "Stay away from a 'loan company' that asks for an upfront deposit (like a security deposit, premium, or insurance. And definitely run if the 'loan company' asks for a payment to be wired via Western Union or Money Gram."

Good: Today I finally finished my The Fighter script. It is now at 90 pages. On Friday I talked with Conni Massing and she gave me some tips. Then I was resolved to finish writing the last 13 pages on Saturday. I got some of it down. I had MADtv on in the background, and I was IMing. Well I was also listening to the radio as I was writing which kept me going.

91.7 The Bounce was at Deisel Ultralounge every Sat. night, and I love listening to them mix dance music together. Today I went to work. I came home and watched new eps of Degrassi: The Next Generation, Gossip Girl, and Desperate Housewives. Then I washed the dishes, and did some writing. Then I watched a new Simpsons ep. Then I worked on it for two hours. Now I'm done.

I then submitted it to two women who work at Super Channel. I will see what they will say after reading it. The last time I emailed them was exactly a month ago on Feb. 15. They said I needed 90 pages before they would even look at it. I had 66 pages at that time. One month later, I managed to write 24 pages.

I also printed it out on scrap paper. I'll add these to my completed drafts of this script.

1st draft: 24 pages
2nd draft: 46 pages
3rd draft: 56 pages
4th draft: 59 pages

I only printed out drafts 1, 2, and 4. I had told myself that if I'm going to print the 5th draft, then it would have to be completed. And now I did.

Mar. 16: The woman Carole from Super Channel emailed me back. She says she will file it into her projects.

Medicine: Today I took 2 Tums in the morning, and 2 Tums at night. It's good, it helps my sour stomach. On the bottle, it says adults can take 8 Tums in one day. Last week I was taking some Extra Strength Tylenol and Cold FX because I had a cold. I was careful not to accidentally overdose. I had learned that from Heath Ledger.

Mar. 17: I got another email from Super Channel, and this other woman Marguerite says she will send it to Creative Development. Someone will read it, and then give me notes on it. It will be a couple of weeks before they get back to me.

"Get your hate on": I was reading the Globe and Mail about Micro Celebrities. There is this 13- yr- old boy who talks about celebs on his video blog on youtube. He talks about Rihanna/ Chris Brown and that Christian Bale lashing out. In the article it says that he seems to have a few fans, and many haters. People want to "get their hate on" and are "sadomasochists" by watching this guy. lol.

That reminds me of the days in 2006. I had an anger management problem and watched Dr Phil and Maury to get my hate on. Well starting in 2003, I used to watch Maury to find out the paternity test results. Then later I started watching it for the weirdness like what if the gender roles were reversed. I did see a case where the guy says he's the father, and the woman says he isn't. It's usually the other way around with the guy denying that he's the father.

Dr Phil used to help people in the first 2 seasons, and then by the third season, it went really bad. I had lost my job at Ipsos, and I thought that I could take my anger out and get my hate on by watching that show. Instead, that show made it worse and I have to quit.

I did go on the net and watched a little bit of Primetime: What Would You Do? There is a teen girl wanting to get a prescription for birth control pills. The pharmicist won't fill it, saying she's too young to have sex. What would you do? By all means, the girl could be taking the pill to lighten her periods. Now I'm getting a flashback of Sarah Haskins making fun of birth control commercials that advertise the use to lighten the periods, and not for having sex without have a baby.

Feelings: I feel like that song "Something's Missing" by John Mayer. The lyrics are: "Something's missing/ And I don't know what it is at all." I'm feeling depressed. Well I'm not watching any bad TV shows so that can't be the problem. Maybe because I don't feel like I'm challenging myself. I should really read some books. I say to myself I read the newspaper everyday and I work full- time. Then in the free time I watch well- written dramas. I don't really have time to read books.

Look, I'm going to recapture my happiness by getting the feeling of accomplishment when I finished writing 90 pages of The Fighter. Now I must go and write another script.

Creative: I was watching an ep of Lie to Me. They have to find out if this woman from Uganda really was a child bride to a rebel soldier. Later it turns out she lied. She had to so she could get the publicity that's needed to save her country. That reminds me of a Veronica Mars ep back in 2007. V has to find out if this guy in her college really was a child soldier. If he isn't, then his book is a sham, and so is the movie deal. Later it turns out he was telling the truth, and was reunited with his dad. At the end of the ep, it advertised for the charity called Invisible Children about child soldiers.

No comments: