Sunday, March 1, 2009

law/ reflections/ coincidence

Feb. 28 Law: I was thinking again about that hypothetical situation of a boy in gr. 7 or 8, and how he's charged with aggravated assault. There is no way you can find him. With a girl who's in a religion that doesn't allow her to talk to boys, is easier to find. If I was right that she was East Indian, there are only about 50 girls. Ask her if she's in a religion that doesn't allow her to talk to boys, she says no. You then tell her to go and talk to that guy, and then you'll be able to find her if she says she can't.

You can go up to 200 guys and ask if they've been charged with aggravated assault. You know that they can all say no. That one guy is going to lie, and say no. What are you going to do? Go to the office and go through all the files to see if any of them has been charged? You can't.

Funny: I'm on Yahoo News, and there is this 40- year- old guy who is wanted for robbery. Then he goes to this police entrance exam so he could try to become a cop. He gets arrested on the spot. After he gets arrested, he asks if he could still take the exam. lol.

Job search: I'm on www.telus.net trying to look for a job. I realized that I haven't applied there at all this year on my new job search. There aren't really any Telus jobs in Edmonton. I then checked if I put up a profile there. It turns out I did and the last time I was there was in May 2008 on my initial search for a real job. I then updated my profile by putting up my improved resume that my friend Angela helped me on back in June 2008. It's been 9 months, but I am still praising that it's a good resume.

Reflections: I'm looking back at the time I was working at a bank. If only I was good at it, I would still be there. However, I wasn't so I could easily leave. Now the economy is bad, and I don't think I can get a bank job. It took me 3 months to get that bank job when the economy was good. I worked there for a month. I don't regret quitting, because there is no way I could have gotten good at it.

I still think about how they pretty much called me a liar when they said: "You said you were good at computers, but 50% of your entries were incorrect." I would like to defend myself that I do find myself good at computers. In my college class Computer Applications and Basic HTML, I got Bs in it. I did a year at NAIT, and it was all computers. Though I may not have graduated from there, I do have knowledge about it. I've had a computer at home since 1994.

I did tell the truth. What am I supposed to do? Tell them the whole truth that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Like my grades were mostly Cs. I'm not good in math or science. I have to work really hard in those classes so I could barely pass. I had a math tutor from gr. 6- gr.12. I had to upgrade all four core subjects at Centre High after I graduated out of high school. You don't go and tell your flaws in a job interview.

Sometimes they ask: "What is your biggest flaw? Have you ever made a mistake at work? How did you handle it?" I knew there was a chance that I may not be good at the job, but I'm going in with positive thinking and I'm going to work hard. In this case, my hard work couldn't make up for my lack of smarts. That's okay. I know in other cases like working hard and studying math, can make me pass the course.

Hey man, I'm not like my sister. She goes for something, and works hard, and she gets good grades and results. I don't know about anything that she doesn't try for, and doesn't get. Or if there was a time she didn't succeed, then I don't know about it. Well maybe when she doesn't reach her sales goal because there wasn't a lot of people shopping in the store.

Mar. 1- Telus emailed me saying that they got my profile. They never emailed me before.

Octomom: I haven't been watching the mom Nadya Suleman on TV. She was on Dr. Phil for a two- parter, which I stayed away from. She's doing a four- parter on Entertainment Tonight. She was on Dateline. I will admit I did see some stuff on Yahoo News. They showed this TMZ video footage of NS at a gas station. A woman was yelling at her: "Get a job! It's our tax money that's paying for you babies!" I realized that is true that our tax money is paying for it.

I'm getting a flashback from Oct. 2008. It was back when my friend Jennifer was still working at the Soup place. She said: "I was watching Maury and they were talking to these teen girls who wanted to get pregnant. One girl says: 'I'm going to have a baby, and all of you guys are going to pay for it!' The audience boos her." lol. Well I know the ending. Maury then introduces them to single moms who have babies, and the girls take of the babies while the the moms tell them how hard it is to be a single parent. The girls then learn that they shouldn't get pregnant.

Sheesh, it sure makes me appreciate Tyra. The girls who want to get pregnant, they're not as annoying or obnoxious as the girls on Maury. They all discuss why they want to have babies like: "I want the uncondtional love, I know how to take care of babies, blah, blah, blah." Then Tyra tries to convince them it's hard, and I have seen a segment of a single mom with a kid, giving the child to the teen girl and she learns that it's hard.

News: I read in the Globe and Mail that it's good to write when you are angry. You can write a rant, story, poem, songs, and you will feel better. Well it's good to let it out, then to bottle it up inside.

Rant: Here is my rant. Today this old woman came in and wanted soup. So I pointed out to her the soups we had. Then we were talking for a couple of minutes, and she still hasn't decided. She goes about saying that her teeth isn't good, and she can't chew. Then these two other women who already bought stuff was listening, and came and helped out. I then let her try out a carrot from the vegetable soup.

Then she decides on the chicken corn chowder soup. She scoops it herself with the ladle while I held the bowl. When it was full, she still tried to put more, so I let her. Then it overflowed when I put it on the tray. Then she pays for it. She goes to the sandwich part. This probably took like 3-4 min. helping her. I helped this guy who wanted a soup.

Then the old woman took this bun, and I tell her it's 85 cents. She says that she wants it for free, because the soup was so expensive. (It's $3.47 for a small cream soup.) Then the guy who bought his soup, gives out his change to her to pay for her bread. She says she wants a slice of bread instead of the bun. Then I tell Byron to go and help the woman, and I'll help the guy by making a sandwich for him.

She is drinking her soup for like an hour. She asks Byron for a takout bowl so she could put the rest of the soup in it. Anyway, I am mainly glad that this was a Sunday, and that she wasn't slowing down any business because Sundays are so slow anyway. A lot of old women come in everyday, but they're not annoying. At least I get paid to deal with this. I had to be patient, and patience is virtue.

I was mainly annoyed because if you think it's expensive, then don't eat here. There was a time a girl my age bought a tuna sandwich and it's $6.08. She says: "It's $6 for a scoop of tuna and lettuce?" I wasn't annoyed by her. I was pretty much thinking: "Take it or leave it." Well I'm sure she won't be coming back again. You can have more than that on your sandwich. We're like Subway. You can have all these other veggies like tomatoes, green peppers, olives, banana peppers, etc. on your sandwich if you choose.

Coincidence:
Yesterday I finally tried out Souvlaski Express in the food court. I go to City Centre all the time, and I have never eaten there before. The food was good. I have never had a donair until yesterday. A donair is like a wrap and a taco, which I had before. I don't feel like I'm really missing out anything. Then today this guy comes in and says: "It's my first time here. I pass by this place 3 or 4 times a week, and I decided to finally try it out." That's my attitude.

No comments: